BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 04-21-2008, 12:06 AM   #41
graffitimonkie
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Curve
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Hi I just tried out the Roblock, and I used my girlfriends phone to text the message to wipe my device and all it did was erase my emails, memory card data, and address book, the rest remained.

Memos, text messages, calender, and if you knew my password the password keeper stuff were still there. Am I suppose to use like another sim card in my phone for it to realize it needs to delete everything or am I just confused that its only suppose to delete the address book and emails and data card?

Do I have the settings wrong, cause I have enable Roblock checked, and I don't even have the send contacts checked but it started sending out my contacts to my girls phone anyway. Help please.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:00 PM   #42
GT5L
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: askme
Carrier: AT&T

The company is slow to respond to question, I emailed them last week, received a confirmation that my question was received but not heard back from them since then. I was commenting on the fact that this app does not work with 4.5 OS (yes it is Beta, and no it has not been officially released yet). But you would expect things to be addressed since the release of this OS is eminent.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:08 PM   #43
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

I have had no problem with them.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:25 PM   #44
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

Model: 9530
PIN: G Pong Champ
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT5L View Post
The company is slow to respond to question, I emailed them last week, received a confirmation that my question was received but not heard back from them since then. I was commenting on the fact that this app does not work with 4.5 OS (yes it is Beta, and no it has not been officially released yet). But you would expect things to be addressed since the release of this OS is eminent.
I emailed the contact I have and have directed them to this thread. They are tight lipped on 4.5 just as everyone else is. I have not doubt that when it ships they will have an update just like for 4.3.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:07 PM   #45
GT5L
CrackBerry Addict

Wirelessly posted (bb8320TMO)

He didn't say if the were beta testing, I'm willimg to test it if theu are.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:11 PM   #46
bppilot

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

I'm evaluating RoBlock now and definitely like it! I did have one question that hopefully someone can chime in on.

Say my device is stolen or broken (ie: can't even turn it on) - I go to Verizon and buy another 8830. I restore from my backup at my office to my new device (the restore will restore all the software, etc.). The RoBlock will then see this as a different device... What will happen? Will it alarm? Will it lock automatically? Will I need to send an SMS to this new device to get it to unlock (if it locks automatically)?

Basically, I'm wanting to ensure that if I ever restore from a backup to a brand new device that I'll be able to access that device.

Thanks in advance for your help!

BP
Old 04-29-2008, 08:56 PM   #47
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bppilot View Post
I'm evaluating RoBlock now and definitely like it! I did have one question that hopefully someone can chime in on.

Say my device is stolen or broken (ie: can't even turn it on) - I go to Verizon and buy another 8830. I restore from my backup at my office to my new device (the restore will restore all the software, etc.). The RoBlock will then see this as a different device... What will happen? Will it alarm? Will it lock automatically? Will I need to send an SMS to this new device to get it to unlock (if it locks automatically)?

Basically, I'm wanting to ensure that if I ever restore from a backup to a brand new device that I'll be able to access that device.

Thanks in advance for your help!

BP
It would reactivate in an expired trial mode. You would be able to access with your set password but would have to contact DexMobile for a new CD Key for the new device. So the easy answer is you will have no issue.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:23 PM   #48
jeffmik
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: none
Carrier: carrier

Do not expect to get any sort of support for this product if your phone isn't GSM.
Old 04-30-2008, 01:16 AM   #49
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmik View Post
Do not expect to get any sort of support for this product if your phone isn't GSM.
It is designed for GSM phones not CDMA. The whole idea was to detect a change in SIM card.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:07 AM   #50
jeffmik

Model: none
Carrier: carrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by troydbrown View Post
It is designed for GSM phones not CDMA. The whole idea was to detect a change in SIM card.
True, but the remote wipe feature would still be useful (perhaps not by itself a reason to buy it but I already bought the software from when I had my 8830)

I've been contacted again by Dexmobile and if it gets resolved I'll note it here. They said I need to contact my carrier to change my APN setting but thats not a menu option in any of the CDMA units I've used before. I reread my last post and it was way too harsh and I'm not even sure why I worded it that way - sorry about that.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:41 AM   #51
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmik View Post
True, but the remote wipe feature would still be useful (perhaps not by itself a reason to buy it but I already bought the software from when I had my 8830)

I've been contacted again by Dexmobile and if it gets resolved I'll note it here. They said I need to contact my carrier to change my APN setting but thats not a menu option in any of the CDMA units I've used before. I reread my last post and it was way too harsh and I'm not even sure why I worded it that way - sorry about that.
No worries, I will try to see if I can get any information on this for you. I only use it for the Lock and Wipe feature.

Last edited by TroyDBrown; 05-01-2008 at 12:42 AM..
Old 05-05-2008, 08:09 PM   #52
gemrx

Model: 8830
Carrier: sprint

hi, I have a Sprint CDMA 8830, will ROBLOCK wipe out the info or will it only work with GSM, I tried the trial version, I couldnt get it to send the message to my frields phone. Any ideas? Thanks
Old 05-10-2008, 05:55 PM   #53
BBSwany
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Z10
Carrier: Straight Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemrx View Post
hi, I have a Sprint CDMA 8830, will ROBLOCK wipe out the info or will it only work with GSM, I tried the trial version, I couldnt get it to send the message to my frields phone. Any ideas? Thanks
Here is your answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by troydbrown View Post
Please read the thread first.. Welcome to the Forums!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-02-2008, 04:02 PM   #54
graffitimonkie

Model: Curve
Carrier: T Mobile

Hey I had installed this program about a month back, and have lately been missing texts messages from people who send me texts. I will get a call from my buddies saying they have texted me a few times during the day and I will receive none of them at all.

Has anyone gotten any problems receiving text messages after they have installed the Roblock software?

My friends say that they will still be able to send text messages to other people on their phone, just not mines.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:09 PM   #55
shivers316

Model: 8320
PIN: Guess
Carrier: T-Mobile

No problems here.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:27 AM   #56
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graffitimonkie View Post
Hey I had installed this program about a month back, and have lately been missing texts messages from people who send me texts. I will get a call from my buddies saying they have texted me a few times during the day and I will receive none of them at all.

Has anyone gotten any problems receiving text messages after they have installed the Roblock software?

My friends say that they will still be able to send text messages to other people on their phone, just not mines.
Do a battery pull on your BlackBerry. You won't get the messages you are missing but it should fix the issue. It is not RobLock.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:17 AM   #57
GT5L
CrackBerry Addict

version 2 is out and it works with 4.5 on my 8320
Old 07-19-2008, 12:05 PM   #58
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

Version 2 is amazing especially the web access portion.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:51 PM   #59
d34dl0ck

Model: 8320
Carrier: PRO-XL

thanks
Old 08-25-2008, 08:59 PM   #60
aecfusnacy

Model: 8310
Carrier: Centenial

This is my first time coming across this app. deff going to get it, i have way to much info on my phone. but my personal opinion is this app needs to be stickied somewhere. everyone needs to read this lol.