Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 05:52 PM   #1
Delorean2006

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Default ATT BB Curve Data Plans

Please Login to Remove!

I'm about to get a curve in the next week or two and my sister wants to get a pearl on the same plan. Do we have to get the Blackberry Plan or could we get the unlimited data plan for the both phones and a text messaging plan with them instead? We really dont plan on looking at any e-mail. And also if we can get the unlimited data plan do we have to the data plan per phone and the text messaging per phone also?
Old 05-31-2008, 06:07 PM   #2
Trimix
BlackBerry Master

Model: 8320
PIN: infarina
Carrier: of alotta bacteria

I think each phone will need separate data plans.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:29 PM   #3
sheik28
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: AT&T

I don't think you can get regular data plans with a Blackberry. I think you have to get Blackberry data plans. I am sure someone who knows for sure will pop in.
FYI my BB data plan came with 1500 text messages a month, so you might not need to get an addition to your plan.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:46 PM   #4
jungleland
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: BOLD
Carrier: At&t

any data plan will give you data, however, if you want blackberry features such as BIS, email, pin messaging ,you will need a blackberry data plan...
Old 05-31-2008, 08:24 PM   #5
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Not sure but I don't think you can buy a BB from ATT without a BB data plan. There is so many pro and con messages floating around that it is tough to find the real answer. But no matter each phone will need its own BB data plan. On ATT the personal unlimited is $30 a month without SMS.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 06-01-2008, 12:48 AM   #6
kingofsquirrels789
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Lightbulb

As far as I know, unless u have the family share plan, everything has to be seperate. I would recomend the unlimited data with 1500 texts on a blackberry plan because you can sms a lot with the 1500 texts and the unltd. Data also applies to mms, internet, bb mall, email, ect. And the plan will NOT work on a blackberry unless it is a blackberry plan.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:34 AM   #7
jungleland
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: BOLD
Carrier: At&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
Not sure but I don't think you can buy a BB from ATT without a BB data plan. There is so many pro and con messages floating around that it is tough to find the real answer. But no matter each phone will need its own BB data plan. On ATT the personal unlimited is $30 a month without SMS.

You're sure now...because you can buy one without a plan
Old 06-01-2008, 12:03 PM   #8
ukulele_ninja
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700

You can buy one without the plan, in our case me and my gf both bought one but had to purchase the plan for a month in order to get the rebate offer. Im keeping mine, but she will probably drop her BB plan.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:07 PM   #9
Trimix
BlackBerry Master

Model: 8320
PIN: infarina
Carrier: of alotta bacteria

Having a data plan is nice. She should enjoy it while she has it. I dont have one but I'm tempted.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:22 PM   #10
kalikidtx
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: at&t

ok well at&t makes you have a separate data/msg plan for each line as others have stated. in regards to each line you can get:

a data only plan
a text msg only plan
they also offer plans that have text msgs and unlimited data though they do not usually advertise these plans and most reps will claim they dont exist at first. the one we have is 39.99 per line and include unlimited data and 1000 text messages and maybe some media msgs too though I dont use those. The "code" that is on our bill for that plan is "BBRYUNL_ALL4" and called Blackberry Unlimited. Every rep says they dont have it but after I ask them to look and they usually find it everntually.

good luck...
Old 06-01-2008, 10:24 PM   #11
Drewdatrip
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalikidtx View Post
ok well at&t makes you have a separate data/msg plan for each line as others have stated. in regards to each line you can get:

a data only plan
a text msg only plan
they also offer plans that have text msgs and unlimited data though they do not usually advertise these plans and most reps will claim they dont exist at first. the one we have is 39.99 per line and include unlimited data and 1000 text messages and maybe some media msgs too though I dont use those. The "code" that is on our bill for that plan is "BBRYUNL_ALL4" and called Blackberry Unlimited. Every rep says they dont have it but after I ask them to look and they usually find it everntually.

good luck...
Anything other then Blackberry data plan will not work. 30 per month per phone or nothing for DATA

If you just want to get the rebate, you can sign up for unlimited Txt per line which is 20...or 30 for a family plan for up to 5lines to have unlimited text

As for the 39.99 "BBRYUNL_ALL4" plan that previous people mentioned...its a old plan that is no longer offered. the "code" is no longer available for reps to insert. it was unlimited bb data and 1500 txt/mms

There is NO WAY to get the "BBRYUNL_ALL4" any longer, however you you have it keep it but dont remove it, same plan now costs 45.

HOWEVER if your a Biz customer, ie part of the NBI market or have a FAN number associated with your account (corperation discount) Biz care has been known to be able to add 9.99 package for 100 text, however keep in mind its TEST ONLY not mms, for ever sent or reccived mms they will charge you 30cents

also to clarify there is no such thing as shared data, only shared mins or txt

So not that we have cleared all that you..there you go
However hes a question you have to ask yourself, if u dont wan email and net related information....why get a blackberry...
Honestly consider your options, dont get a bb just cause they look cool or alot of people have them...get it cause your use all of its features and it will make your life better off

I hope i have been helpful

Drew
Old 06-02-2008, 01:38 PM   #12
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewdatrip View Post
However hes a question you have to ask yourself, if u dont wan email and net related information....why get a blackberry...
*Sigh* Once again, there are plenty of reasons. Just be aware of the limitations.

There are plenty of very happy BB owners who do not have data plans. Push email might be the BB's killer app but it's not the BB's only feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delorean2006 View Post
I'm about to get a curve in the next week or two and my sister wants to get a pearl on the same plan. Do we have to get the Blackberry Plan or could we get the unlimited data plan for the both phones and a text messaging plan with them instead? We really dont plan on looking at any e-mail. And also if we can get the unlimited data plan do we have to the data plan per phone and the text messaging per phone also?
You don't have to. If you want anything other than voice and SMS you'll need a BB data plan (including MMS).

Last edited by takeshi; 06-02-2008 at 01:40 PM..
Old 06-02-2008, 03:32 PM   #13
CurveBerry1

Model: 8300

Not all of us can afford a data plan. I have a Curve because I love the full QWERTY keyboard and I use the calendar religiously for school and my job. Plus...I'm a brand name lover! I love being able to say I have a Blackberry! Eventually, I will add a data plan. In the meantime...there are more reasons to have a Blackberry than to surf the net...
Old 06-02-2008, 03:36 PM   #14
Drewdatrip
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000

I sappose you COULD use it for not net related stuff but its a hell of a phone for just text and calander. But i guess to each their own.
I guess just for me all the things i use on a daily basis such as Viigo, bbmesenger, telenav and of course push email etc all require data..and i find all those to be why i love my bb soo much
Closed Thread