johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: eapple and ham pizza is good
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modeler
Seriously, who would be careless enough to put a device on their belt with a HUGE fragile screen exposed to external impacts??? Of course the 8700 is supposed to go into the OEM holder face-in!

That protective plastic film that came on the screen was for shipping only. It is not intended to remain there for normal use.
I am sorry we are not all as bright as you...

I had a 7100 for 2 weeks and it went in the holster face out-this was my first bb. I then recieved the 8700 and just slid it in the same way- it fit fine but I had the button press issues and no sleep mode etc...

That led me to look again at the holster and I switched it to face in ( after seeing posts about it also).

I guess I am a dope...seriously have some thought before posting- there are reasons people do what they do and they may not have thought it out- just slid it in without the deep thought process you seem to require of people.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:26 PM   #22
nb_mitch
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310

I read this whole holster thread and not once did it mention the real problem with the holster. I gave up on the OEM holster about a month ago, because it wouldn't hold the 8700 in. I had it fall out 4 times. It just isn't secure enough, like the 7290 holster was. I have gone to a inexpensive leather holster, which protects the BB better and keeps it in place, even if it is a generic and a little loose, the flap keeps it in place.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:37 PM   #23
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: eapple and ham pizza is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by nb_mitch
I read this whole holster thread and not once did it mention the real problem with the holster. I gave up on the OEM holster about a month ago, because it wouldn't hold the 8700 in. I had it fall out 4 times. It just isn't secure enough, like the 7290 holster was. I have gone to a inexpensive leather holster, which protects the BB better and keeps it in place, even if it is a generic and a little loose, the flap keeps it in place.

One of the little "clips" on the side broke off and I was forced to buy a holster at the airport for a 72XX that works ok- at least it puts it to sleep. By the way- it only works when put in face out- .
I am waiting on the RIM cases....and waiting...
Old 01-31-2006, 12:48 PM   #24
bb8700user2

Model: 8700

That big screen scratch that was mentioned may have come from the mold mark on the center of the rotating belt clip -- that faces the screen when the BB is put into the holster face inwards. Face inwards is the right way...although I too originally put it in face out, because that's the way every other phone I've had sat in its case-and-belt-clip.

Anyway...take a nail file or fine sandpaper and file down the protruding mark on the inside of the belt clip, get thee to a hardware store and pick up a paper of felt pads (for under lamps and bric-a-brac so they won't scratch tables). Put a felt pad on the inner face of the clip.

I've also heard of wear on the space bar and wear at the ear holes, so I tossed a couple of extra felt pads there on the holster. I got some PDA screen protectors and cut one down for the screen. Seems to work fine preventing scratches, and the felp pads may have made the phone more secure.

Haven't dropped it. Yet.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:27 AM   #25
wingrove
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Default doh

ahh fits much better now i put it that way round, never had a BB before so had no idea thats the way. hmm hate the case less now
jas
Closed Thread