BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 09-12-2006, 01:38 PM   #41
cooperpwc
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8700R
Carrier: Rogers

Please Login to Remove!

Count me in on this product. ToDoMatrix is a fantastic Franklin Covey-style work tool. I particularly like how you can organise tasks by drawers and folders and then view them by due today, next three days, this week, or view by delegate, alerts etc. The Internet back-up function (it works!) and email functions are smart. I'm emailing my completed tasks to myself each day then purging them. It makes for a great permanent record of what I accomplished.The method for quickly moving alerts forward by the snooze system is also very good.

Overall I am becoming a serious convert to this program. (More so evry hour; I've just had it for a few days.) ToDoMatrix is a nicely integrated system that allows you work on multiple projects (drawers) and sub-projects (folders) and incorporate them into a daily organisation/reminder system that can be viewed in a wide variety of useful ways.

Last edited by cooperpwc; 09-12-2006 at 11:04 PM..
Old 09-12-2006, 04:52 PM   #42
mgerbasio
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by techphreak
One thing for future consideration is to integrate this with the email function on the BB. Give the email centric nature of the device, many of my todo's come from emails, so it would be great to have the ability to hit a button and have a todo created from the email, with the body of the email copied to the details of the todo for easy reference. Having todo's linked with email in some way is tremendous time saver so you can quickly see the details you need without searching through your mails.

Also, I see you are looking at coming out with a more GTD oriented version, which is good to see!

Lastly I can't wait to see the web app! In fact, to take the email part a little further, once you have your web interface done, this could also enable adding tasks via email, where you could send an email to a special address and have it show up in some type of inbox in todoMatrix.

As I use the app a little more I'll pass along any other suggestions.

Cheers!
I agree, especially since the BB lacks email flags, being able to read an email and send it to a todo folder for follow up with a note would be very helpful.

Regards-Michael G.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:46 PM   #43
koleary19067

Model: STORM
PIN: MOBILE
Carrier: VERIZON

Any promotions from Rexwireless ? Looking to buy tobomatrix but wanted to see if anyone knew of any promo's
Old 09-14-2006, 09:57 AM   #44
cooperpwc

Model: 8700R
Carrier: Rogers

I would like to have found a promo code too. But my trial was about to expire and I'm already completely dependent on this program to keep me organised at work (damn you RexWireless ). I just bought it.

Highly recommended for anyone with multiple areas of responsibility involving lots of tasks.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:50 AM   #45
koleary19067

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc
I would like to have found a promo code too. But my trial was about to expire and I'm already completely dependent on this program to keep me organised at work (damn you RexWireless ). I just bought it.

Highly recommended for anyone with multiple areas of responsibility involving lots of tasks.

Mine ends in a couple days and I am loving it so far. I just had the program Action and I dump it because it lack alot.

Glad to hear that you like it.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:09 PM   #46
jddphd
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: Orange FR

I was curious so I sent a PM to the rexguys asking how web*desktop was going. I received the following response...

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Rexguys in a response to my PM
Hola!

Yes, we are struggling a bit. The current hurdle is that web*desktop is running nice in the development environment machines (windows based), but has hiccups when we move it to all to the production environment on the Linux servers. We have been on the horn with Sun trying to understand the differences.

Please stay patient - we are close - and we are doing our best - but we worry that folks are losing patience with us.

Bob
Old 10-04-2006, 12:34 PM   #47
koleary19067

Quote:
Originally Posted by jddphd
I was curious so I sent a PM to the rexguys asking how web*desktop was going. I received the following response...
Cant wait for this to come out. Hope they fix that issue soon.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:53 AM   #48
jddphd
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: Orange FR

latest from the rex site...

Quote:
Originally Posted by the rexwireless.com site
wwREX desktop is a new feature for 2006.
Availability is planned for October 2006.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:49 PM   #49
drgoodtymes
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Tour
PIN: 30D4E281
Carrier: Sprint

At least they test the products before releasing them
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC5bVFduTRM
Old 10-09-2006, 12:54 PM   #50
koleary19067

totally agree !!
Old 10-21-2006, 03:39 PM   #51
RichardSwe
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingulaar
Default how about regular updates on the desktop app?

I'm about to bail out and go back to Outlook & the sparse BlackBerry task application.

RexWireless website should be updated to be realistic. For instance, Desktop app is not one of ToDoMatrix's top ten features, since it doesn't exist.

RS
Old 11-08-2006, 10:12 AM   #52
ElGabo

Model: 8100
Carrier: movistar

any news on the web-side application?
Old 11-08-2006, 11:34 AM   #53
rexguys
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: TMO
Default Update on Web*Desktop Availability

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGabo
any news on the web-side application?
Web*Desktop is (finally!) headed to the Alpha test users (again) after a bit of redesign from round one. We believe it is stable, although a couple of small features currently available on the BlackBerry version of todoMatrix and ideaMatrix are not yet implemented on the desktop version. Wireless synchronization of tasks is working very well in testing.

If the feedback from Alpha is positive, we will move toward early Beta pretty quickly, given how many people are wanting this capability.

We anticipate the Alpha users up and running this weekend.

Thanks,

--- the REXguys
Old 11-10-2006, 11:44 PM   #54
koleary19067

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexguys
Web*Desktop is (finally!) headed to the Alpha test users (again) after a bit of redesign from round one. We believe it is stable, although a couple of small features currently available on the BlackBerry version of todoMatrix and ideaMatrix are not yet implemented on the desktop version. Wireless synchronization of tasks is working very well in testing.

If the feedback from Alpha is positive, we will move toward early Beta pretty quickly, given how many people are wanting this capability.

We anticipate the Alpha users up and running this weekend.

Thanks,

--- the REXguys

You guys made a great program and I bought it with the expectation of the web being available in Sept. I am so dependent on this program now, that to move all work to another program would be a big hassle.

You guys stated last month that people were losing patience with your company, and that worried you. What is your company thinking now with another month gone.

My hour glass is about up and i am not happy about that, by the web is a must for me and now its hard what to believe.

Good luck !!
Old 11-11-2006, 07:57 AM   #55
mas90guru
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Cool program. Seems like I too read about 6 months of "we're finally there" messages.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:24 PM   #56
Srwilliams
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: T-Mobile

I just downloaded this application and I am in love with it, But I do not think I can kep it. Like my other forum members, I am over 40 and I simply cannot see the fonts or the calendar and dates for setting due dates. the fonts are cheasy and just too darn small. What were the develepors thinking putting such a cheasy unreadable font on such a high powered application. I hate having to go get reading glasses when i want to use my blackberry. Hell, blackberry is sensitivve to that and so is pocketlist. Then I finally get a great application like TodoMatrix, something I have been waiting for and they assign some fonts that came with 5 year old applications. I am ditching this if they do not do something with the fonts so older businessmen who do not have good eyes can use the application. Like I said, I can bearly make out the calendars in the application.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:22 AM   #57
backbeat
No longer Registered.

Model: 8700G
Default Battery drain?

I've been in need of a product like ToDoMatrix or IdeaMatrix for some time now and decided to trial ToDoMatrix today. OTA install went just fine. However, I started the day with more than 50% battery capacity and ended the day on the verge of getting 'low battery' warning which almost never happens as quickly with my normal use. Today was a typical-use day without any other variable to account for.

Is this software known to be a battery-hog or is there a connections setting that could abate this? Any help would really be appreciated.

On an aside, I'm hoping this software will do all I genuinely need, as I'd much prefer not to have to shell out another $200 for the Act! Blackberry bolt-on which is pretty exhaustive software.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:50 PM   #58
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: eapple and ham pizza is good
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbeat

On an aside, I'm hoping this software will do all I genuinely need, as I'd much prefer not to have to shell out another $200 for the Act! Blackberry bolt-on which is pretty exhaustive software.

Could you let me (us) know a little bit more about this ACT "bolt-on". I am an ACT user and BB user. I miss the great integration of ACT and Palm but put up with that because the BB does so much more (and better).

Any info on this ACT-BB product would be great.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:57 PM   #59
koleary19067

Rexwireless

You mentioned on the 8th that if testers approve the alpha that the web would be out shortly. Are we to assume that the alpha did not go well.
I'm not pushing, i am just excited to see this in action.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:19 AM   #60
ttowles
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9930
Carrier: Sprint

Can anyone at Rex update us on the latest status?
And also the exact features supported today?