Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 12:01 PM   #1
shq1970

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon
Angry HS-655 Question

Please Login to Remove!

Hello all,

I just received an HS-655 from the shopblackberry website. There was no manual and the headset was merely wrapped in bubble wrap. I've heard good things about the headset but I was sort of disappointed that I paid as much as I did for what looks like a used item that didn't even come in a box with instructions. I'm suprised there isn't another person's ear cheese on the thing. Furthermore, I can't even browse the site because it keeps telling me to enable cookies in my browser which I've done. Have I been jerked and am I going to get a nasty ear infection? I tried emailing them twice in the last few days because I didn't get tracking/shipping confirmation and I never got a response. Sorry for *****ing and sorry if this has already been covered but I did a search and found only positive experiences.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:12 PM   #2
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by shq1970
Hello all,

I just received an HS-655 from the shopblackberry website. There was no manual and the headset was merely wrapped in bubble wrap. I've heard good things about the headset but I was sort of disappointed that I paid as much as I did for what looks like a used item that didn't even come in a box with instructions. I'm suprised there isn't another person's ear cheese on the thing. Furthermore, I can't even browse the site because it keeps telling me to enable cookies in my browser which I've done. Have I been jerked and am I going to get a nasty ear infection? I tried emailing them twice in the last few days because I didn't get tracking/shipping confirmation and I never got a response. Sorry for *****ing and sorry if this has already been covered but I did a search and found only positive experiences.
I ordered one last Tuesday and according to the emails it hasn't even shipped yet. There is nobody to email or call there so I'm just waiting.....I haven't been charged yet either, so I'm wondering if they're out of them again.

There are a couple other threads out there about this thing but I don't know if any talk about setting it up or not....
Old 11-29-2006, 12:41 PM   #3
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie

Wirelessly posted (8700c: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Doesn't sound right to me that there was no packaging. Get a 655 instruction manual from the Plantronics site.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:44 PM   #4
snowskier79
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Curve
PIN: No thanks, yo tienen una pluma.

Welcome to the forums.

Here is a link to the PDF documentation from plantronics site:

http://www.plantronics.com/media/med...655-665_en.pdf
Old 11-29-2006, 12:47 PM   #5
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Thanks....I suppose I better save that one myself! I assume mine will come the same way....when it comes...*sigh*
Old 11-29-2006, 01:12 PM   #6
murpheous
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800

it should come in a blue and gray box. i'd take a picture, but no camera is available.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:59 AM   #7
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Angry HS-655 from Blackberry

I just received my HS-655 from Official RIM BlackBerry Accessories Store - Mobile phone accessory,Batteries,Headsets,Chargers,Cases,Holste rs,Handsfree,travel gear,Cell Phone,7510,7280,7230,7750,6710,7210. I have to say I am disappointed as well. Mine also came just wrapped in bubble wrap with a baggie of 2 ear pieces and the metal ear hook. The medium sized ear piece was already installed on the headset but broken when I unrolled the bubble wrap! Mine also came with no instructions. They included a BB folding blade travel charger. This is like a bad eBay dream. I also wondered who had used it before me!! I have ordered cases, batteries, etc from this site and have never had an issue like this. I think I like the headset but with the proper size ear piece broken (and it sounds like this is a recurring problem)it's hard to tell. This has to be the most expensive BT headsets out there and it's hard to believe this is how they are shipping them out.

I must say I'm quite unimpressed with the RIM Shopblackberry.com site this time. I would have been ok with what I got for about half the price.

PS...anyone know where I can get replacement ear pieces? They don' t list them on the plantronics site...at least not that I can find.

Last edited by John Clark; 11-30-2006 at 02:46 AM..
Old 11-30-2006, 08:45 AM   #8
murpheous
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark
I just received my HS-655 from Official RIM BlackBerry Accessories Store - Mobile phone accessory,Batteries,Headsets,Chargers,Cases,Holste rs,Handsfree,travel gear,Cell Phone,7510,7280,7230,7750,6710,7210. I have to say I am disappointed as well. Mine also came just wrapped in bubble wrap with a baggie of 2 ear pieces and the metal ear hook. The medium sized ear piece was already installed on the headset but broken when I unrolled the bubble wrap! Mine also came with no instructions. They included a BB folding blade travel charger. This is like a bad eBay dream. I also wondered who had used it before me!! I have ordered cases, batteries, etc from this site and have never had an issue like this. I think I like the headset but with the proper size ear piece broken (and it sounds like this is a recurring problem)it's hard to tell. This has to be the most expensive BT headsets out there and it's hard to believe this is how they are shipping them out.

I must say I'm quite unimpressed with the RIM Shopblackberry.com site this time. I would have been ok with what I got for about half the price.

PS...anyone know where I can get replacement ear pieces? They don' t list them on the plantronics site...at least not that I can find.
I'm not sure why they are shipping that way. As I said above, my free one came all nicely packaged in a RIM box. The sound quality is great, best BT for me so far. It is also very comfortable.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:11 AM   #9
levimendes

Model: 8820

John, glad to hear yours showed up. Mine too came packaged like this. Odd for sure considering the price. Oh well. I have used it only one night, but I really like it so far. As for the replacement eartips, I found this place... ( remove the spaces, one more post to go )
www . headsetexperts . com/Plantronics_Discovery_655_p/discovery_655.htm

L
Old 11-30-2006, 11:17 AM   #10
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by levimendes
John, glad to hear yours showed up. Mine too came packaged like this. Odd for sure considering the price. Oh well. I have used it only one night, but I really like it so far. As for the replacement eartips, I found this place... ( remove the spaces, one more post to go )
www . headsetexperts . com/Plantronics_Discovery_655_p/discovery_655.htm

L
Thanks for the link. I actually bought some on eBay last night. The guy has packages of 3 all one size. So I bought a pack of 3 mediums. They were a little more than the standard 3 pack (one of each size) but I get three that I need and not 2 I don't need. I think I'm going to go through these. They seem a little flimsy.

One more thing....The case is supposed to go in your shirt pocket? I think they put the thing together backwards. I don't like that rubber ear piece sticking out. It would have been nice if that rubber ear piece was on the back side. Probably wouldn't break off as much. I did use the headset for a few minutes last night and it is VERY lightweight and actually more comfortable than the Motorola "ear hangars!" I'm down in Cabo right now and the hotel gives free phone calls to the US so Im not using my phone too much. I'm looking forward to getting back and seeing if I really like it or not. So far, I like it. Just not a fan of the flimsy ear pieces.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:57 PM   #11
BB8100
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: ATT

My shopbb one came in a cardboard box with no instructions. Good news is that it works perfectly with fantastic connectivity and ease of use with my pearl. Voice dialing works better than any other way (phone/speaker).
Old 12-01-2006, 08:51 AM   #12
YTCO1

Model: 8703e

Same thing happened to me. Call Globalware Solutions at 1-866-612-2779 and they will assist you with getting documentation.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:13 PM   #13
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Documentation is easy...just go to the Plantronics site and download the .pdf for the 655. It's just for the money, mine came wrapped like a used eBay purchase with no box, no nothing and with a broken ear piece because it was poorly wrapped. It seems to be a nice headset but the "experience" for $154 after shipping was not the best. Cost me another $15 to order more ear pieces.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:28 PM   #14
snowskier79

Model: Curve
PIN: No thanks, yo tienen una pluma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowskier79
Welcome to the forums.

Here is a link to the PDF documentation from plantronics site:

http://www.plantronics.com/media/med...655-665_en.pdf
See post above for documentation, easy PDF download.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:59 PM   #15
DallasFlier

PIN: OT NOIR
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular/AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark
Thanks for the link. I actually bought some on eBay last night. The guy has packages of 3 all one size. So I bought a pack of 3 mediums. They were a little more than the standard 3 pack (one of each size) but I get three that I need and not 2 I don't need. I think I'm going to go through these. They seem a little flimsy.
Hmmm, yes, the guy on eBay repackages them so you can get a pack of 3 mediums - for $9.99. Oh, and he's selling the smalls to someone else for $9.99 and the larges to a third person for $6.99. Pretty good scam on his part, because if you buy them at retail from the cell stores in 3 packs of 3 sizes, THOSE packs are $2.95, so three of those packs are $8.85. Don't know about you, but I think I'll keep buying those packs and throwing away the ones I don't need!

I haven't had problems with them being flimsy, but they start getting hard and losing their "rubberiness" after a couple months. I bought six sets of the $2.95 gels a while back and figure that's about a year's supply - one every couple months.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:35 PM   #16
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasFlier
Hmmm, yes, the guy on eBay repackages them so you can get a pack of 3 mediums - for $9.99. Oh, and he's selling the smalls to someone else for $9.99 and the larges to a third person for $6.99. Pretty good scam on his part, because if you buy them at retail from the cell stores in 3 packs of 3 sizes, THOSE packs are $2.95, so three of those packs are $8.85. Don't know about you, but I think I'll keep buying those packs and throwing away the ones I don't need!

I haven't had problems with them being flimsy, but they start getting hard and losing their "rubberiness" after a couple months. I bought six sets of the $2.95 gels a while back and figure that's about a year's supply - one every couple months.
True, but I don't have a retail store near me to buy them at, so I'm stuck with ordering something. I came to the same conculsion as you but when I'm stuck paying shipping on something I might as well get the ones I need....it was actually cheaper for me. It is a good scam but it worked out best for me.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:16 AM   #17
Jase88

Model: PlayB
Carrier: Bell Mobility

Wirelessly posted (7250: BlackBerry7250/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/109)

I bought one today at a Rogers Video store. It came in a box, but no documentation either (besides a "quick start" guide). Love the headset so far.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:04 AM   #18
backbeat
No longer Registered.

Model: 8700G

For those who got their 655's from the shopblackberry.com store, can you confirm if these are the RIM-branded versions?

I just wonder if RIM got caught overcommitted availability and delivery schedule, but hadn't finalized its packaging yet (or waiting for its arrival). It's the only realistic explanation I can conceive. No excuses, mind you, as this FleaBay-esque scenario should never happen at this level.
Old 12-02-2006, 04:51 PM   #19
DallasFlier

PIN: OT NOIR
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular/AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbeat
For those who got their 655's from the shopblackberry.com store, can you confirm if these are the RIM-branded versions?

I just wonder if RIM got caught overcommitted availability and delivery schedule, but hadn't finalized its packaging yet (or waiting for its arrival). It's the only realistic explanation I can conceive. No excuses, mind you, as this FleaBay-esque scenario should never happen at this level.
Yanno, I have to laugh at the bias shown by your "Fleabay-esque" reference. I just bought a RIM-branded HS-655 on eBay. It was IN STOCK, offered by a wireless dealer with 2,119 feedbacks, 100% positive. I confirmed BY PHONE that it was RIM-branded, that it was brand new, and still sealed in full retail packaging with all accessories. AND, for the best of all, I only paid $69.95 for it, plus $9.95 shipping. But you go ahead and call it "FleaBay" and keep paying almost DOUBLE for stuff while you look down your nose - keeps the good deals for others! I'll enjoy mine AND my savings, with my almost year-old 8700c, which I also bought from eBay...

Last edited by DallasFlier; 12-02-2006 at 05:01 PM..
Old 12-02-2006, 06:36 PM   #20
backbeat
No longer Registered.

Model: 8700G

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasFlier
Yanno, I have to laugh at the bias shown by your "Fleabay-esque" reference. I just bought a RIM-branded HS-655 on eBay. It was IN STOCK, offered by a wireless dealer with 2,119 feedbacks, 100% positive. I confirmed BY PHONE that it was RIM-branded, that it was brand new, and still sealed in full retail packaging with all accessories. AND, for the best of all, I only paid $69.95 for it, plus $9.95 shipping. But you go ahead and call it "FleaBay" and keep paying almost DOUBLE for stuff while you look down your nose - keeps the good deals for others! I'll enjoy mine AND my savings, with my almost year-old 8700c, which I also bought from eBay...
Laugh all you like, I didn't originate the term. The very reason why you reference a vendor with 100% positive feedback is because it matters for a reason.

Now, back to the subject at hand ...
Closed Thread