BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 03-12-2007, 06:57 PM   #1
PCgirl
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iP 4S
Carrier: AT&T
Thumbs up Review - Krusell CLASSIC with Multidapt® Leather Case for the 8100 Pearl

Please Login to Remove!

(*Note: I posted this in Hardware and Accessories as well, so Mods, please feel free to remove whichever one is in the wrong place! Thanks!)

A case is an absolute must! I keep my beautiful Pearl in my purse or on a neck strap and I am paranoid that I am going to bump, drop or scratch it!

I found out about the Krusell line of cases from one of the posts on the 8100 forum. I had also bought one of those over-priced clear/smoke-colored hard plastic cases and a plastic screen guard.

First of all, I absolutely hated the plastic case because it was almost impossible to open every time I had to access the battery or media card. I risked scratching the Pearl (or cutting myself, LOL!) each time because I had to use a knife or letter opener in order to separate the two halves. (A big THANK YOU to TheBigNewt for all your help!) Plus, I bought the case on impulse from one of those mall kiosks where everything is marked up about 500% (wish I had bought one of those rubberized ones from Seidio but being a BB newbie, I didn't know about Seidio at the time!). I paid $20 for an "el cheapo" (borrowed the term from one the Pearl guys on the 8100 thread) case and $15 for a 1.5" x 1.5" piece of plastic "shield" which wasn't even attached to the Pearl screen. Yup, $35 (plus tax) wasted. I used the case for three days and gave up. Boy, was I glad when the Krusell arrived! That plastic thing is now in a drawer somewhere.

But, I LOVE the Krusell Multidapt® case! I previously never liked the look of leather cases because they always looked too bulky and never seemed to fit correctly, especially on flip-phones. Someone on the 8100 thread mentioned that the Krusell cases fit like a glove and they posted a photo of the case and it didn't look too bad. I figured that if I didn't ilke the case IRL, I could always return it. I mean, one of the reasons we love the Pearl so much is because of its small size, so why make the thing look big and bulky with a case, right?

So, when I received my case, the first thing I thought was that it looked really tiny! I mean, it almost looked smaller than the Pearl! LOL!

The case I got was the soft leather CLASSIC WITH MULTIDAPT® case, which covers the entire phone and has openings for easy access to all buttons, speaker and ports, etc. The entire face is clear soft plastic (except for an opening for the trackball) so the screen and buttons are totally protected from dirt and scatches. The camera has a protective snap cover as well. The case zips shut with a tiny, form-fitting zipper...yup, LIKE A GLOVE!

Probably the best feature of the case is the patented MULTIDAPT® system. This system allows you to use the optional belt cilp (included) or switch them out for any of the other adapters according to your needs. I personally don't use the belt clip every day (but I keep it in my purse, just in case I decide to use it), but I attach my lanyard/strap to the "hoop" on the multidapt® and my Pearl is secure!

The "demographic" for the RED LABEL series (the CLASSIC falls into this category because of it's durability, I guess) includes construction workers and road builders! You KNOW your Pearl is protected if constuction workers use these! LOL!

There are a bunch of other cases to fit everyone's tastes and lifestyles.
I rate this Swedish company out of !!!

Multidapt® demo video:
www.multidapt.com

Krusell CLASSIC with Multidapt® Leather Case:
Krusell

For those of you who don't want the front of their Pearl covered in plastic, there is also a CABRIOLET WITH MULTIDAPT® version. The Pearl can be easily pulled out of the top of the case:
Krusell
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	krusell_bb8100.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	7549   Click image for larger version

Name:	krusell_bb8100_cab.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	7550  
Old 03-12-2007, 09:32 PM   #2
Berryguy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: TMobile

Yes, you are right, these cases beats anything out there in the market
Old 03-12-2007, 09:55 PM   #3
krad
No longer Registered.

Model: 0000

i got the side holster from krusell. The one where it has the clip and built in snap belt loops. Very sturdy by the way...

i will only buy krussell
Old 03-13-2007, 08:29 AM   #4
Tixxx

Model: 8900
Carrier: t-mobile

I had one like the pic on the left for my Treo 650. It was the best case out there. I love these.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:47 PM   #5
katone
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8120
Carrier: T-Mo

I had one for my treo650, and it's the first thing I bought for my new pearl ($10-15 on fleebay).

since I only put the phone in my pocket, I un-stitched the loop in the back of the case (yes, the MULTIDAPT® system) to make it even more slim! works great!
Old 03-13-2007, 04:20 PM   #6
d_fisher
Retired BlackBerryForums.com Moderator

Model: 9700

Moving to the Reviews Forum.

Remember, please try searching first!

Need a screenshot? ... Like JavaLoader?
Try using BBscreen .....Use JL_Cmder!
or BBScreenShooter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 03-16-2007, 02:06 AM   #7
PCgirl

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by katone
I had one for my treo650, and it's the first thing I bought for my new pearl ($10-15 on fleebay).

since I only put the phone in my pocket, I un-stitched the loop in the back of the case (yes, the MULTIDAPT® system) to make it even more slim! works great!
Hi Katone,

What a great idea! Thanks for posting! I never use the belt clip anyway (yes, the MULTIDAPT® system, LOL!) and instead use a lanyard (a cool, beaded black and silver one from Krusell) or keep the phone in my purse, so I did the "unstitch" thing to one of my two cases (when I really like something, I buy multiples! ). I just "threaded" the lanyard through the camera and mute button openings and it works perfectly! Also, it's easier to use the camera now!

And it's even slimmer now! Perfect!!!

(And I still have the other one "just in case" I ever need the belt clip!)
Old 03-16-2007, 05:05 PM   #8
katone
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8120
Carrier: T-Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCgirl
Hi Katone,

What a great idea! Thanks for posting! I never use the belt clip anyway (yes, the MULTIDAPT® system, LOL!) and instead use a lanyard (a cool, beaded black and silver one from Krusell) or keep the phone in my purse, so I did the "unstitch" thing to one of my two cases (when I really like something, I buy multiples! ). I just "threaded" the lanyard through the camera and mute button openings and it works perfectly! Also, it's easier to use the camera now!

And it's even slimmer now! Perfect!!!

(And I still have the other one "just in case" I ever need the belt clip!)
yes, it works great doesn't it. I m glad I could had a little something to your already great review!

I'm also glad I'm not your boyfriend "(when I really like something, I buy multiples! ) "
lol
Old 03-17-2007, 01:51 AM   #9
PCgirl

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by katone
yes, it works great doesn't it. I m glad I could had a little something to your already great review!

I'm also glad I'm not your boyfriend "(when I really like something, I buy multiples! ) "
lol
OMG that made me laugh! Speaking of multiples, we just bought another Pearl tonight!!! LOL!!! My husband saw how happy I was with my Pearl and has now switched from his HTC Dash (yes, the one with the unbelievably fabulous real-time internet browser!!! But it had a flaw where it would hang up on the first caller when he would answer his call waiting! ) to a shiny new Black Pearl!! Wooo hooo!!!

And yes, we've ordered a Krusell Classic case for him too!!!
But I think he's going to keep the MULTIDAPT® system intact since he uses either a belt clip or a holster!

Last edited by PCgirl; 03-17-2007 at 02:01 AM..
Old 03-18-2007, 10:45 PM   #10
road7
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

how about a picture of the pearl in the case?
Old 03-21-2007, 01:48 AM   #11
PCgirl

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by road7
how about a picture of the pearl in the case?

Here you go...

(*Note: this is the "unstitched" version!! )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0116.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	7621   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0118.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	7622   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0120.jpg
Views:	49