Old 11-23-2008, 01:17 AM   #1
aixchange

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default Transfer a video file

Please Login to Remove!

Hi everyone!

I am new to the BB Forums, and after throughly reviewing the forums, there are tons of helpful info on here!

Anyways, I have a question and I'm hoping you can help me figuring it out. When I try to transfer a video file (avi format) from my PC to my Bold via Roxio Media Manager software. After the transfer has completed, when I attempt to open the video file on the Bold, I receive an error message, however, when I play the file on my computer, it works perfectly. Does anyone know what is the problem? Please help!!!

Thanks!
Old 11-23-2008, 09:22 PM   #2
UptownGirl
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by aixchange View Post
Hi everyone!

I am new to the BB Forums, and after throughly reviewing the forums, there are tons of helpful info on here!

Anyways, I have a question and I'm hoping you can help me figuring it out. When I try to transfer a video file (avi format) from my PC to my Bold via Roxio Media Manager software. After the transfer has completed, when I attempt to open the video file on the Bold, I receive an error message, however, when I play the file on my computer, it works perfectly. Does anyone know what is the problem? Please help!!!

Thanks!
I was having the exact same problems as you. Keep in mind that AVI is a container only and the actual video file format is something different. In my case, it was XVID which is only "partially" supported (whatever that means). So here's what I did - I downloaded a program called Any Video Converter (just Google it and it comes up). It's free to use forever (no trial period crap) and no spyware. Using that program, convert your AVI files to the option called Mobile Phone MPEG-4 movie.mp4. There is another mp4 format option, but you want the one for mobile phones. It takes about 10-15 mins to convert an hour of video. Then just transfer the .mp4 files to your Bold's memory card. Personally, I like to just load the files in the memory card directly and then pop it back in the Bold. And voila! all my video files work perfectly now.
Closed Thread