Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 11:16 PM   #1
graystrickland
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: ATT (formerly Cingular)
Default Philips Mobile Phone Tools

Please Login to Remove!

I downloaded Philips Mobile Phone Tools ver. 3.25. It installed without error, other that that it tries to detect my Philips phone, which, of course, I do not have. With the program running, I try to select MENU, TOOLS, MULTIMEDIA STUDIO, but the Multimedia Studio is grey-ed out. I can't select it. I can't drag an ADP file and drop it on the program to make it play the file.

Any suggestions?
Old 09-24-2005, 01:22 AM   #2
AlbertoM
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

Hm. Out of curiosity, have you ever heard of it working with a Java based BlackBerry?
Old 09-24-2005, 01:35 AM   #3
corruptblitz
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9810
PIN: 280D51C5
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Ok everyone I got the new version of mobil tools working. Heres what I did.

1st you will need to open up the mulitimedia studio directly. You can no longer access this from the main application without a phone connected.

To do this

open up your search feature and locate the file MMCenter.exe (Should be in the Mobile Tools main directly.

From here it will attempt to make a connection with a phone. DO NOT HIT CANCEL. Let it error out. It will then ask how this is connected. I selected BlueTooth. It then attempted to connect to the device again and of course did not find one. It then asked me if I would like to setup the phone manually. I said yes. I do not remember which phone I selected but after that I was able to use the media center with no problems.
Old 09-24-2005, 08:09 AM   #4
graystrickland
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertoM
Hm. Out of curiosity, have you ever heard of it working with a Java based BlackBerry?
Since you're clueless, Alberto, about why mention of this Philips software would show up in a Blackberry forum, let me share that the ringtone threads here are chock full of mention of it as a free and easy way to cut and convert mp3s into the ADPCM files which are used as ringtones on the Blackberry. Nobody is trying to use the Philips tool to communicate with or configure their Blackberrys. It's just a (reportedly) easy, free way to turn your favorite music into a ringtone on your Blackberry.

And thanks so much for contributing to this thread. You've been very helpful. Your keen wit and insight have benefited us all.
Old 09-24-2005, 10:22 AM   #5
AlbertoM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graystrickland
Since you're clueless, Alberto, about why mention of this Philips software would show up in a Blackberry forum, (snip)
You are quite right. I was clueless. Never mind how you responded, you are right, I did not know why you would think it worked.

Which is why I asked.

And I do not really look at the ringtone threads. I downloaded .mid files directly, and once I got what I wanted, I seldom change it. In fact, ringtones are unimportant most of the time, as I keep my BB on vibrate. Your answer is what I wanted, and I thank you.

A better response to my question would have been "Yes. It is a program that others have sucessfuly used to download ringtones on the BlackBerry and I need help to get it to work." Was that so hard?

Quote:
let me share that the ringtone threads here are chock full of mention of it as a free and easy way to cut and convert mp3s into the ADPCM files which are used as ringtones on the Blackberry.
They may be chockful of mention, as you say. Great place for you to ask questions about the program, eh what?

But then, of course, you could not leave well alone, could you? Got to have another dig....

Quote:
And thanks so much for contributing to this thread. You've been very helpful. Your keen wit and insight have benefited us all.
Any particular reason for the sarcastic response to a non sarcastic question, or does it just make you feel superior? Normally programs made to work with one OS don't work with another OS. I thought it was and is a valid question.

And, since YOU brought it up, i.e., being clueless, try searching for the question next time like someone else had to do for you.

And post on topic too. YOU did mention that there are threads on that topic, you know?

You will notice that I have aswered other posts by you, like the charger question, civily. Here, a question on something I wanted clarified generates an interesting response from you and I am not sure why. Having a bad day, perhaps?

Hope that your response made your day, laddie. Made mine

And I am willing to start over and chalk this to a bad day unless you want to keep it going for some unknown reason.....

Pax.

Last edited by AlbertoM; 09-24-2005 at 12:05 PM..
Old 09-24-2005, 12:25 PM   #6
graystrickland
Thumbs Must Hurt

My apologies, Alberto. I thought I was meeting sarcasm with sarcasm. Since you say that you intended none, my remarks were inappropriate. I'm sorry.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:35 PM   #7
AlbertoM

Quote:
My apologies, Alberto. I thought I was meeting sarcasm with sarcasm. Since you say that you intended none, my remarks were inappropriate. I'm sorry.
Thank you, and let's start over.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:12 AM   #8
.:BK:.
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Does anyone on here have an old version of Philips mobil PhoneTools? Alot of times when I download programs and install them I leave the zip on my computer for a few months in case I have to re-install it, is there any chance anyone on here did the same and could post it somewhere for others to download?
Old 12-16-2005, 06:11 PM   #9
zflyr

Model: 7100G

Hello All,

I have had continuing problems using the Phillips Mobile tool. Besides the gray issue it has not been very stable so I have looked for alternatives.

The tool that worked perfectly was Ringtone Media Studio which....unfortunately isnt free. The upside is that it will allow you to convert 5 files before shutting itself down. In other words, if you have a few specific files you want converted then download the tool at http://www.bvrp.com/ENG/ select the generic phone install and it will work flawlessly without the grey out issue.

If you decide to buy it, its 29.95 and it makes the whole process seamless.

Enjoy
Closed Thread