Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 12:57 AM   #1
henas

Model: 9300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: google
Default washed crap off my curve9300

Please Login to Remove!

hi.. i need major help out here...i got birds crap on my handset while i was texting my friend...it was on the keypad and it disgusted me so i just the keypad bit with father facing the phone down then just to be sure theres no water getting inside the set i very slowly tapped it on my mattress so the water went out after tht my fone turned off this was all like in 5 mins time...i tried turnning it on again n again not realising that it might damage ...then i took the battery out n let it try ni my room...now its the next day nd i have kept it outside in the sun...ive tried putting the battery in again the red light goes on but then nuthng happens n it turns off...i know i ve literally killed my fone with my hands but still...ppl is there any hope ???? please answer :(
Old 05-11-2011, 03:57 AM   #2
Wolf_Dreams
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by henas View Post
hi.. i need major help out here...i got birds crap on my handset while i was texting my friend...it was on the keypad and it disgusted me so i just the keypad bit with father facing the phone down then just to be sure theres no water getting inside the set i very slowly tapped it on my mattress so the water went out after tht my fone turned off this was all like in 5 mins time...i tried turnning it on again n again not realising that it might damage ...then i took the battery out n let it try ni my room...now its the next day nd i have kept it outside in the sun...ive tried putting the battery in again the red light goes on but then nuthng happens n it turns off...i know i ve literally killed my fone with my hands but still...ppl is there any hope ???? please answer :(
You can try this...

You will need:
a New 1-2Lb bag of rice
A Widemouth Mason Jar (clean and completely dry)
A teaspoon
A small bowl filled with rice
A zipper bag for your Memory card, SIM Card and Battery
A roll of Tissue Paper

1. Fill a clean, dry, Glass jar - 1/2 full with fresh Dry rice, from a sealed plastic bag. Fill a small bowl with rice and a teaspoon. Set next to the Jar.
2. Remove battery and battery door. Set aside for later. Remove SIM card (if its a GSM BB) and remove memory card.
3. Wrap 2-3 layers of tissue paper, tightly around BB screen to prevent scratches. Set it on the table, screen down and keyboard closest to you.
4. Lay jar on its side, while holding hand at opening to stop rice from coming out.
5. Very carefully, holding thumb and forefinger on opposite sides of the keyboard, and with the screen facing down, place Tissue-Wrapped BB inside the jar, with screen facing down, on top of the rice.
6. Very carefully Spoon rice into battery compartment, taking care to get rice "Under" the tissue paper, so that the rice fills the compartment leaving tissue on top.
7. Spoon fill the rest of the jar while holding the BB carefully in place - while slowly tilting the jar upwards as you fill with rice - right up to the Top!
8. Screw on the lid tightly and place the BB in a warm room.
9. Wrap battery in tissue paper and keep it and the battery door nearby
10. Leave the Jar in the warm, dry room, for 48hrs. Be patient - do NOT open the jar!! Opening too soon will waste all your carefull work.
11. After 48hrs, Carefully, while holding the BB screen against the rice, pour out some rice, until you can lay the Jar on its side again, and remove the BB.
12. Remove the Tissue Paper, and gently shake out any grains and blow out any rice dust. Blow off dust especially where the Memory card slot is, and the SIM card slot
13. Insert SIM, Memory card and Battery.
14. Cross you're fingers!
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 05-11-2011, 04:04 AM   #3
Wolf_Dreams
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Rogers Wireless
Default Re: washed crap off my curve9300

Next time, remove the battery, then start cleaning with a soft, barely damp cloth (wring out as much excess water as possible first!)

If some kind of liquid gets under the keys, you will need to educate yourself on how to remove the keyboard for cleaning the keyboard membrane and the contacts underneath.
Youtube is a great resource for how-to Videos.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 05-11-2011, 06:54 AM   #4
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Default Re: washed crap off my curve9300

Since you put the battery back in and turned it on before it was really dry, you probably fried the circuit board.

To piggy back on what was said above, we have a FAQ post about this: Got Your BlackBerry Wet? - BlackBerryFAQ

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Closed Thread