Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 08:22 AM   #41
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Yes that's right MDS is a feature of BES, so it won't work from a carrier's BIS site, but the Internet Browser should give you the same functionality and maybe MORE. Why you ask? Because with MDS comes an IT Policy. For example, I can't reply to Yahoo mail using my BB browser but I can with my Internet Browser. So more isn't better.
Old 06-17-2006, 01:22 PM   #42
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: eapple and ham pizza is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberJack
OK..after several hours of hassle with Cingular Tech Support and absolute ignorance on so many basic issues, I demanded to speak to RIM directly. I was on the phone with a courteous RIM tech for about and hour. He recommended Strongly that we Wipe the handheld because there were "left over" service books from when I was connectd to BES. Never was it said that it would not work otherwise but he made this recommendation based on a number of different issue that have caused problems. But he said that the Blackberry Browser absolutely WILL NOT work with the new BIS 2.0 and when I queried him further he got a supervisor who reiterated again that the Blackberry Browser is MDS only. After a further effort reconfiguring PocketDay and various options on the BB which I have just concluded everything is working just fine. But save yourself the hassle I went through based on errant information regarding the Blackberry browser. I does not work under BIS 2.0. Have a great weekend......

Where did you get the bad information? You should have looked here first as it was stated over and over that you should have 2 browsers on BIS:
1. "Cingular Browser"
2. "Internet Browser", sometimes called Blackberry browser by some users because when it opens the BB logo comes up.

I wrote this 5 times in this thread alone, sorry you had so much trouble.
Old 06-17-2006, 02:08 PM   #43
ceebz
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8800
PIN: 23F2E165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinsonddog
Internet Browser and BB Browser should have the same functionality except one goes to the big I through the carrier and the other through corporate servers.
My BB Browser is intranet-only.

Old 06-18-2006, 11:43 PM   #44
CyberJack
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT Wireless
Default You Are Correct...

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfromphilly
Where did you get the bad information? You should have looked here first as it was stated over and over that you should have 2 browsers on BIS:
1. "Cingular Browser"
2. "Internet Browser", sometimes called Blackberry browser by some users because when it opens the BB logo comes up.

I wrote this 5 times in this thread alone, sorry you had so much trouble.
After reading your email I fee chagrined...I just had a busy week last week and did not search the Forums first. After my experience I did come here and was just trying to save someone the hassle of my blunder.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:52 AM   #45
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberJack
After reading your email I fee chagrined...I just had a busy week last week and did not search the Forums first. After my experience I did come here and was just trying to save someone the hassle of my blunder.
Don't feel chagrined, like I said in my post..."sorry you had so much trouble."
Old 06-20-2006, 08:17 AM   #46
dpagan$21

Model: 8700
Angry bb browser 29.99

you can get the blackberry browser on the 29.99 unlimited plan u probably are going to have to go into the bis set up and send a service book or update to the new 2.o hope this helps!!!!!
Old 06-20-2006, 08:36 AM   #47
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpagan$21
you can get the blackberry browser on the 29.99 unlimited plan u probably are going to have to go into the bis set up and send a service book or update to the new 2.o hope this helps!!!!!
You do not have to go to BIS 2.0!!!

The "Cingular Browser" and the "internet Browser" (opens with BB logo) are available with the $29.99 plan.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:11 PM   #48
ragin cajun
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: cingular

This topic is redundant but I have 3 browser icons also which all work. The first icon says internet browser which opens with the blackberry logo. The second says cingular browser which opened with the medianet page. The third just says browser and opens the same as the second. No problems here. I just wanted to share.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:02 PM   #49
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragin cajun
This topic is redundant but I have 3 browser icons also which all work. The first icon says internet browser which opens with the blackberry logo. The second says cingular browser which opened with the medianet page. The third just says browser and opens the same as the second. No problems here. I just wanted to share.
Not redundant at all, other people have mentioned it and I asked them to confirm and noone ever does, they have never replied with details. I am looking to see what I may be missing...

Are you on BES or BIS?
Old 06-20-2006, 03:51 PM   #50
ragin cajun
Thumbs Must Hurt

BIS and I switched my plan last week. All browsers work and navigate to my most common viewed sites.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:15 PM   #51
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragin cajun
BIS and I switched my plan last week. All browsers work and navigate to my most common viewed sites.

That is just odd. Are their any differnces between the 2 browsers (not Cingular browser)?

I guess I am not missing anything because I have 2 Browsers and they work great, I am just puzzled by the existence of a 3rd browser.

Thanks Ragin....
Old 06-21-2006, 08:14 AM   #52
ragin cajun
Thumbs Must Hurt

There's no difference that I can tell between the 2.
Closed Thread