Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 05:00 AM   #21
flash24
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9930
PIN: 3319688F
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

I switched from Verizon to Tmobile and payed a Hefty fine but it's all worth it.. here are my reasons.

1. T-mobile have great, cool phones (bb 8700g, pearl ahem)
2. T-mobile is cheaper than verizon and cingular. I'm only paying $59.99 for 1000 min, unlimited text and data.
3. T-mobile have unlimited text messaging package, don't know if other carriers have this package.
4. Although, I have to admit that Verizon have a fantastic signal.. Tmobile's signal in my area is not that bad I mean I hardly drop any calls or lost signal. For what I'm paying for this is well worth it.
5. T-mobile Catherine Zeta Jones (well they used to have her lol), Verizon this nerdy guy goin around askin "can you hear me now"
6. All my family have tmobile.

That's it! Hope you make the right decision :D

Proud to Serve USAF
Old 10-07-2006, 08:47 AM   #22
jungleland

Model: BOLD
Carrier: At&t

thanks for the reply guys...

I can get the pearl for free from wirefly..but the 8700g is 299...go figure. anyway, does tmobile have GPS enabled on either device?

I now see that the Pearl is GPS enabled...Might it be the 4.2 OS? When the 4.2 OS comes out for the 8700, that should do the trick no?
Old 10-07-2006, 10:15 AM   #23
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash24
I switched from Verizon to Tmobile and payed a Hefty fine but it's all worth it.. here are my reasons.

1. T-mobile have great, cool phones (bb 8700g, pearl ahem)
2. T-mobile is cheaper than verizon and cingular. I'm only paying $59.99 for 1000 min, unlimited text and data.
3. T-mobile have unlimited text messaging package, don't know if other carriers have this package.
4. Although, I have to admit that Verizon have a fantastic signal.. Tmobile's signal in my area is not that bad I mean I hardly drop any calls or lost signal. For what I'm paying for this is well worth it.
5. T-mobile Catherine Zeta Jones (well they used to have her lol), Verizon this nerdy guy goin around askin "can you hear me now"
6. All my family have tmobile.

That's it! Hope you make the right decision :D
These are all great reasons. If you don't travel alot on business this makes alot of sense. VZ and Cingular do have the broadest networks. TM is more limited in that it doesnt have the 850 gsm spectrum so you roam alot, but if you are staying put everyone should think about this.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:18 AM   #24
jungleland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinsonddog
These are all great reasons. If you don't travel alot on business this makes alot of sense. VZ and Cingular do have the broadest networks. TM is more limited in that it doesnt have the 850 gsm spectrum so you roam alot, but if you are staying put everyone should think about this.

I travel rarely on business..I have a home in Palm Beach, and I go there to relax...Other than that, I just take a few road trips through NJ, PA and NY...that's really it...Does that sound like it should be a problem?
Old 10-07-2006, 10:23 AM   #25
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleland
I travel rarely on business..I have a home in Palm Beach, and I go there to relax...Other than that, I just take a few road trips through NJ, PA and NY...that's really it...Does that sound like it should be a problem?

TM actually has pretty decent drill down coverage maps. Check them out on their site. What you need to know is that if any TM signal is present the phone will try to hold it even if a stronger roaming signal is there. If you have good coverage where you are then it sounds like a good move. I would look closely at the places where you are going to spend the most time.
Old 10-07-2006, 09:33 PM   #26
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleland
Someone tell me why I should not jump ship and save about 38% per month off of my current verizon setup and GET MORE..
I'm not saying that you shouldn't but you should check out real world coverage during the trial period with TMO. The coverage maps really don't mean much as they cannot account for factors that will affect actual coverage. If they're sufficient, there's no reason not to switch.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:02 PM   #27
trustworthy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100

I have T-Mo is Washington DC and call quality and coverage are excellent. CS is excellent. Unless you go to rural areas you should be happy.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:31 PM   #28
Roughtrader
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7130e

T moble is really really bad. Maybe try alltel they are working great for me but then again verizon was good to just kept messing my bill up

Alltel

change your plan anytime without taking a new contract. New customers and people upgrading get the same discounts on phones (they dont charge more when you upgrade) You get my circle that lets you talk for free to 10 number in the US any carrier. free alltel to alltel and free nights and weekends from 7pm Works good for me

But if you leave verizon you are going to miss the vzw navigater. Working GPS, and the Ringback tones. Damn i miss thoughs.

Thing about TM is that once there contracts run out with the major carries your service may be effected.

Last edited by Roughtrader; 10-07-2006 at 10:43 PM..
Old 10-07-2006, 10:46 PM   #29
jungleland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughtrader
T moble is really really bad. Maybe try alltel they are working great for me but then again verizon was good to just kept messing my bill up

same thing here...Every month we get some billing problem from them....They hit me up for 33 bucks last month for GET IT NOW downloads from my blackberry...they did not believe me when I said I did not download anything...They said "well, the phone did not download it by itself, someone pressed the keys"...Now called a liar...I nicely told them that the blackberry does not have GET IT NOW"...They still told me to pay....Not for very long, I won in the end"....
Old 10-07-2006, 11:11 PM   #30
secrecyguy

Carrier: T-mobile

I am happy with T-mobile because they have the best prices. The coverage is not that bad. I live in Southern California.

Verizon and Cingular is known to have the best coverage.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:57 AM   #31
aristobrat
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustworthy
Unless you go to rural areas you should be happy.
T-Mobile has decent coverage in most rural areas now after having made major roaming agreements with Cingular (including a lot of 850mhz coverage) and other carriers last year.

If you haven't seen their coverage map lately, here it is. The gray is coverage as of last year. The green is new coverage added this year.

Old 10-08-2006, 11:35 AM   #32
trustworthy
Thumbs Must Hurt

I stand corrected. I had a VZW RAZR in addition to my T-Mo Pearl. I travel quite a bit and T-Mo has been fine in the following places, WDC, Atlanta, West Yellowstone, Montana, NYC and SF. The call quality on the Pearl is excellent - better than on the RAZR. I don't think this is due to the network. The RAZR, imo, is not a good device -- other than being small. Battery life is poor and the sound isn't all that great.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:44 PM   #33
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

I have T-Mobile and work in NYC. Call quallity is excellent, signal strength excellent, and customer service has always treated me like a king. I've rarely needed them, but when adding or subtracting a feature from my plan they were fabulous. My wife has kept her Verizon service but I figure my signal strength is about 90% as strong as hers. Rarely do I ever get a dropped call, and certainly no more frequently than she does. There are some outlying areass of northern New Jersey like Long Valley where Verizon will get a weak but usable singal and T-Mobile gets nothing. But that really doesn't effect me.
Old 10-08-2006, 04:41 PM   #34
aristobrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo47
Rarely do I ever get a dropped call, and certainly no more frequently than she does.
So that would help to explain this. I about fell out of my chair when I saw this slide that was in the presentation they did last week when they announced their 3G plans. Wonder if they'll not pull a Cingular and be up front about who tested their network and what the critera was.

Old 10-08-2006, 08:42 PM   #35
Roughtrader

T Mobile is one of the worst no matter how much money they spent last year to use other company's towers. All that does is slow down there progress for buying thier own towers.

I think you should find a middle ground. VZW is one of the best, TM is one of the worst. Find a company in the middle. I'd hate to see anyone downgrade that much. It has been almost 6 years since I had TM and I'm sure they have made huge improvment since then but so have all the other companies. If I had more time I would look up some facts on how far behind the leading companies they are.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:20 PM   #36
aristobrat

Quote:
All that does is slow down there progress for buying thier own towers.
Huh?

First column is the quarter, second column is the total number of their towers, and the third column is the number of new towers they brought on-air during that quarter. For the first half of '06, they've stood up 164 more towers than the first half of '05, ... even after announcing the roaming agreement.

T-Mobile's behind with their 3G deployment. Other than that, their customer service and network quality has been rated to be on par (or better than) Verizon for the last four years, ... beating Cingular and Sprint. On what else can you rate them to see how far behind they are?

If the OP is looking to save money from what VZW is charging him, T-Mobile's an excellent choice as jumping to Cingular or Sprint isn't going to save much money (if any). About the only thing that he'll be missing from VZW is EVDO.

Code:
Q2 06    34500    900
Q1 06    33600    739
Q4 05    32861    1021
Q3 05    31840    964
Q2 05    30876    1007
Q1 05    29869    468
Q4 04    29401    345
Q3 04    29056    253
Q2 04    28803    946
Q1 04    27857

Last edited by aristobrat; 10-08-2006 at 09:23 PM..
Old 10-08-2006, 10:15 PM   #37
lmlloyd
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
T Mobile is one of the worst no matter how much money they spent last year to use other company's towers. All that does is slow down there progress for buying thier own towers.
You know, if you are going to make multiple posts claiming emphatically that T-Mobile is the worst, it might be nice if you give some reason you so dislike T-Mobile, especially in light of all the people in this thread signing T-Mobile's praises.

As it is, it sounds like you just have some personal beef with the company, or work for one of their competitors.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:10 AM   #38
Roughtrader

T-Mobile SUCKS

T-Mobile : How Do I Hate Thee, Let Me Count The Ways - TechIMO Forums

T-Mobile!i hate it! : Tips and tricks : Sony Ericsson @ Esato

T-Mobile Sucks For Other People Too, Not Just Me : Diggers Realm

Yep, T-Mobile Sucks

Techography - I absoultely Hate t-mobile

T-Mobile sucks.

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - My story... And Why T-mobile SUCKS

I am back and T-Mobile Sucks.....

T-Mobile SUCKS

I'm getting tired but by now i'm sure you see where i'm going. I'm just trying to point the OP in the right direction. Away from TM. Its great that so many of you from these forums have had a good time with them but trust me there are not many of you across the board.

Anyways in the long run its not going to matter before to long they will probley be bought out by Verizon or Cingular

Verizon and Cingular will cost you the most and give you the most service

Alltel and Sprint will be alittle less per month or give you more time for your $ and still have ok service

Boost, Metro, T-moble, and Vergin are going to be dirt cheep and you are going to get crap for service

If you are looking for cheep then T-moble is the way togo just rember you get way you pay for.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:19 AM   #39
lmlloyd
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-Mobile

And do you somehow imagine that T-Mobile is the only service provider anyone has ever complained about online?

Just doing a google search I found all of these:

Cingular Wireless Experiences - Don't get burned by Cingular!

I HATE CINGULAR WIRELESS AND HERE IS WHY THEY SUCK

foldedspace.org: Verizon Sucks

dcthornton.com » Screw Verizon!

Sprint PCS Sucks

The Pain! The Agony! Sprint Sucks! | PlanetFeedback

My3cents.com - ALLTEL COMMUNICATIONS Complaint - Screwed royally by ALLTEL, BILLING

Have I made my point yet, or do I need to keep cutting and pasting more links from google?

The fact of the matter is that you can find links all over the web saying any product or service is crap. The Internet is the biggest whine-fest the world has ever seen.

However, when it comes down to it, T-Mobile consistently gets some of the highest customer satisfaction scores of any company in the business according to independent customer satisfaction surveys. So, If you are going to keep posting to the same thread to say that people should ignore all the users who have had good experience, and listen to you, and your hatred of T-Mobile, then you probably should do better than web links to people whining. Those can be found and used as an argument for why any fill in the blank sucks.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:29 AM   #40
Tennvol

Model: 8320
Carrier: TMobile

FWIW I have a 8700G and a Verizon 8300 cell phone. Sitting side by side on my desk at work I have no 1x and "1" EV-DO bar on my 8300 and 2 bars of EDGE on my 8700G. At home Verizon and TMobile have identical coverage. I find that for around major metro areas the signals are almost identical and for being in the sticks Verizon works better.
Closed Thread