Old 11-25-2007, 11:16 PM   #21
Malarky22
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon
Default Help with new registration key

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,
I am a fan of Ascendo DataVault, and was using version 4.12 on my verizon bb 7130e. I just upgraded to a verizon 8130, and have not been able to get a new registration key. I have sent emails to [email address], and to [email address], and have not heard a response. I have also contacted Mobihand (where I purchased the program), and have not heard back either. I would pay for another registration key if needed, but no has let me know if this is the case. Any suggestions?
CB
Old 11-26-2007, 03:48 PM   #22
BerryCool
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarky22 View Post
Hello, I am a fan of Ascendo DataVault, and was using version 4.12 on my verizon bb 7130e. I just upgraded to a verizon 8130, and have not been able to get a new registration key... I would pay for another registration key if needed, but no has let me know if this is the case. Any suggestions?
CB
Hi Malarky22,

No need to pay for another key. I just sent you a private message requesting your PIN so I can send you send you a key.

Please email [email address] for questions like this and [email address] for technical support.

Thanks,
Marc
Ascendo Inc.
Ascendo DataVault - Password Manager for BlackBerry

Last edited by BerryCool; 11-27-2007 at 04:11 PM..
Old 11-27-2007, 02:05 AM   #23
wiredpuppy

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T
Default Not a Happy Camper. :(

Okay, you'll have to excuse me as I am a little frustrated with my Ascendo DataVault purchase.

I purchased the software from Handango for about $37.00, which included "download insurance". The PIN I provided for my BlackBerry was incorrect (used an o instead of a 0). Well, my registration key that was generated was based on the o and guess what? It won't let me register my blackberry with the software, but it took on my desktop (wondering if Ascendo knows that the letter o should not be part of any PINs).

To the question: How can I reset the registration or get a corrected pin? I know there has to be people who switch devices and probably have the same situation. I read the Ascendo websites over and over again and could not any information speaking to this anywhere! Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks, David
PIN: 24275D0A

Last edited by wiredpuppy; 11-27-2007 at 02:08 AM.. Reason: Include PIN #
Old 11-27-2007, 04:05 PM   #24
BerryCool
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredpuppy View Post
...I purchased the software from Handango for about $37.00, which included "download insurance". The PIN I provided for my BlackBerry was incorrect (used an o instead of a 0)...
To the question: How can I reset the registration or get a corrected pin?
Thanks, David
PIN: 24275D0A
Hi David,

I sent you a private message with a registration key for your PIN.

Please email [email address] for questions like this and [email address] for technical support.

Its important to note that when you buy products from a distributor, they are responsible for delivering keys and/or generating new keys if you made a mistake entering your PIN. When you buy "Download Protection" from Handango, you pay extra to insure that you can download products and registration keys from Handango if you lose them. Its best to contact Handango customer service to make sure you get the service you paid them for. It also saves time for developers.

Thanks for your comprehension.

Marc
Ascendo Inc.

Last edited by BerryCool; 11-27-2007 at 04:12 PM..
Old 11-27-2007, 06:17 PM   #25
wiredpuppy

Thank you! I appreciate the feedback. Is it possible to purchase Ascendo products directly as opposed to using a distributor?
Old 11-28-2007, 09:32 PM   #26
koleary19067
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: STORM
PIN: MOBILE
Carrier: VERIZON

Is the new version compatable will Desktop Manager 4.3. I am having synching issues.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:51 PM   #27
BerryCool
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by koleary19067 View Post
Is the new version compatable will Desktop Manager 4.3. I am having synching issues.
Hi Koleary,

Yes, the new version is compatible. Please download Version 4.36 from our web following link. If you have any problems, please email [email address].

Marc
Ascendo Inc.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:09 PM   #28
mrking
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

Free App Friday at Handango has DataVault for FREE today.... Get it while you can.

Handango Free App Friday - Handango Offers Top Mobile Apps for Free

NOTE: For those with issues with the reg key when opening desktop version after upgrade.....
Simplified desktop registration process; same key for BlackBerry and Desktop, Register Later button.

Last edited by mrking; 11-30-2007 at 02:36 PM..
Old 11-30-2007, 02:29 PM   #29
lraed74
CrackBerry Addict

Model: S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrking View Post
Free App Friday at Handango has DataVault for FREE today....

Handango Free App Friday - Handango Offers Top Mobile Apps for Free
Good deal also, I've wanted this but wasnt paying the 30 for it
Old 12-03-2007, 12:55 AM   #30
Brad00111
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8300C
Carrier: ATT

Is there any chance we can get the option to select how many times an incorrect password is entered before it wipes the file? 10 times makes me a little uneasy, I would rather have 5 or so.

Thanks!

RIM 950 > Nextel 6510 > Nextel 7520 > Cingular 7100 > Cingular 8700 > Cingular 8800 > Cingular 8300
Old 12-04-2007, 08:26 PM   #31
J-Mac
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerryCool View Post
...Its important to note that when you buy products from a distributor, they are responsible for delivering keys and/or generating new keys if you made a mistake entering your PIN. When you buy "Download Protection" from Handango, you pay extra to insure that you can download products and registration keys from Handango if you lose them. Its best to contact Handango customer service to make sure you get the service you paid them for. It also saves time for developers.

Thanks for your comprehension.

Marc
Ascendo Inc.
Marc,

Apparently you have never tried to deal with Handango support!!

I had to deal with them for almost five years - from both a user and developer standpoint -and I have never encountered a more aggravating, non-responsive group in my life. (And I would wager that they are hitting you for a 50%+ cut of sales revenue!)

They have always been the largest distributor for Pocket PC/Windows Mobile developers and they definitely knew it -- and performed so poorly that many folks developing for that platform have tried to form independent markets. But of course Handango can have such a large impact on sales that most have to just adjust to their treatment.

I know that has nothing directly to do with Ascendo's support model, nor your responsiveness, which has been nothing short of amazing in my opinion. But since you're referring users back to Handango as if they will be treated as you would treat them, I thought you might want to know -- that will never happen.

Thanks.

Jim
Old 12-05-2007, 01:09 AM   #32
nyubi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: whateva

in addition to j-mac, i'm a frequent purchaser of blackberry software (purchase behalf of my group), and i'm not very please with handango support too..

much prefer mobihand, they have great customer support, imo
Old 12-13-2007, 03:41 PM   #33
Alex Alexzander
No longer Registered.

PIN: 2434CB8D

I just upgraded from my BB8800 to a new BB8310. In doing so I re-purchased two Ascendo products, Data Vault, and Money, and I brought over RexWireless ToDoMatrix. Out of my whole collection of BB apps, those were the first 3 that I felt are absolute must haves, and without them my phone would be lacking.

I took this opportunity to finally upgrade my desktop DataVault. I really like the option to use a mouse for the keyboard entry of my password. While I am not worried about a keyboard logger on my personal computer at home, I do often think about that at work. I have considered installing my BB software on my work PC, but so far have not done so. But this makes it at least an option as at work I never know what my employers will do to the computer sitting there. I wouldn't put it past them to add some kind of software to monitor usage. One of the reasons I carry a 2 lb Asus EeePC around in my backpack. I just don't trust PCs that are not secured from access by others.

One of the features listed on the new DataVault is a feature I had asked for. I use DataVault to do more than store web addresses with web passwords to sites like ebay and so on. Because we have 10 fields to customize in any way we wanted, I created a few other types of data stores.

As an Example, I do a lot of design work. I have a lot of Adobe software as I have been a customer since 1996. So I have a database with the following fields:

Serial Number:
Application or Font:
Version:
Platform:
Date:
License:
Notes:

In that I have about 30 licenses imported into that field set, and as a result, if I ever need license information for my Mac or PC, I have access to it instantly via my blackberry.

Another example are the FTP codes I give to clients. Each client has their own FTP login information specifically for them so one client doesn't see the artwork of another. But what often happens is a client will ask for help logging into my FTP server. This is where the new feature I wanted comes into play, and it works like this. I created a default template with the following fields:

FTP Host:
User Name:
User Password:
Folder:
Notes:

In the notes section there is instructions on how to log into the FTP server. All the other fields are populated with that specific client's login data. Now, when a client needs their FTP information again, I merely look up that client in DataVault on the BlackBerry, and then send the data via email. So the client gets an email with whatever is in these fields. Which is a complete set of login info and instruction specifically for them.

I used to keep an excel file around, and I would copy and paste this data, and write instructions each and every time. So this new email capability automates all of that. It also easily allows me to add new customers data.

I have a BlackBerry Reg Code database as well. Again, here are fields:

Application Name:
BB Reg Code: (Blackberry Software Reg Code)
DT Reg Code: (DT = Desktop for Desktop Reg Code)
BB Device Pin:
BB Device Model:
Purchase Date:
Purchase Price:
Vendor URL:
Vendor Login ID:
Vendor Password:
Notes:

For each new software purchase I make, I quickly fill out this form. With this, I always know everything about the software I have, installed or not, on my BlackBerry.

I also keep critical data on support calls that I might need long term. I had an install issue with Adobe CS2 about a year ago. All the data for that call, including the incident number, date, the representative's name, and the ticket ID are all stored in the BlackBerry in DataVault. I may need to re-install CS2 again, but not for a year or so. As this only will happen on a new PC upgrade in the future. But when I do have to install this again, how easy will it be to find that old data from the last support call with Adobe? With DataVault, I know where to find that info. And it's not on the PC as that might change over time.

Other data kept are things like my web domains. Just one web site typically involves a good amount of data. The domain itself from GoDaddy has a user ID and Password right there. There is also the host of the site, the main FTP account for uploading your data to that particular site. If you have more than one site you have different codes for them all. Each site typically has at least one MySQL database, which also requires a User ID and Password. I have 11 sites. That's a lot of varying codes to deal with. They used to kept in a text file for each site, but not anymore. There are broken down into common fields and kept in DataVault. Because there is structure to the data store, I quickly see what information I need to remember to store as I am creating the site. I don't make mistakes and forget to log some important piece of information as a result.

I had to sound like a late-night TV ad, but I have to say as I always say, DataVault is a must have application. Not just because it stores credit cards and web login codes. But because it is flexible enough to be used for more than that. I have 19 custom database types with this software. FTP, Adobe Licenses, and BB Reg Codes are just 3 of the 19 extra templates I have created. I keep travel information, such as where I parked the car at the airport, my flight, etc. I keep data about certain jobs I do. Special subscription data, which is a must. An example there is I have 3 computers at home, and 4 at work that I use. So 7 in total. The licenses for things like NOD32 for each PC so I know which license is what, when to upgrade, and where, the cost, etc. Anything that used to be random and easy to lose has been made into something easily managed and readily available.

Thanks Ascendo!!

-Alex
Old 12-15-2007, 01:44 AM   #34
JG in SB

Model: 9800
Default The Best Continues To Get Better

For every category of software, a "gold standard" eventually emerges that all other offerings are judged against. Word Processing has MS Word, photo-editing has Photoshop, etc. In the category of secure password manager software for BlackBerry handhelds, I think DataVault is the "gold standard".

I just upgraded to version 4.36 of DataVault, and I am impressed with the many new features that were added.

I am even more excited about the fact that some of the new improvements directly incorporate product suggestions I made on the previous version I was using. I am sure many ofthe other improvements/refinements are the result of customer input as well. The continuous and frequent upgrading of this software product is proof that Ascendo believes the end-user experience is a very high priority.

Many of the features in the latest release, specifically things like being able to select/open items by clicking the trackball, and scrolling both vertically and horizontally within the application may seem like small things to some, but in daily use, it is these type of useability enhancements that set this product far above any of the alternatives.

There may be other software out there that can do the same job, but DataVault does it with refined proficiency, and it looks prettier too. Also, I think it is safe to say that I have never seen an application developed for handheld devices that offers the degree of customization and personalization of the interface that is present in DataVault. Again, you don't need it, but it is sure nice to have it. And none of this clutters the user interface or bogs down your RAM.

When I first purchased DataVault, I figured it would be a suitable password manager that I would access maybe once a week if neccessary to look up a password I forgot. But the interface and user experience is so good, and the ability to store a wide variety of sensitive data is so flexable, that I find myself using DataVault almost daily.

If you are looking for an excellent secure password manager, DataVault should be at the top of your list.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:54 AM   #35
kurichan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon BIS / BES

Any updates on potential OTA sync?
9630 #4 < 9630 #3 < 9630 #2 < 9630 < 9530 (returned) < 8703 < 7250
Old 07-03-2008, 05:15 AM   #36
lamonicaj
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000

When I had my Treo, I was an avid user of eWallet....well, once got my Curve, I was disappointed to find that there was yet another application that I would have to say goodbye to. I stumbled accross MiniSafe, when I was beta testing MiuTunes & I was satisfied for the most part. I had forgotten how much I missed the Tree View. My trial has ran out of MiniSafe so I went & downloaded the trial for Datavault & I am in love. I love the template options, Tree View, etc. So I am now a Ascendo customer!!!!
Old 07-07-2008, 03:30 PM   #37
Roll
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamonicaj View Post
When I had my Treo, I was an avid user of eWallet....well, once got my Curve, I was disappointed to find that there was yet another application that I would have to say goodbye to. I stumbled accross MiniSafe, when I was beta testing MiuTunes & I was satisfied for the most part. I had forgotten how much I missed the Tree View. My trial has ran out of MiniSafe so I went & downloaded the trial for Datavault & I am in love. I love the template options, Tree View, etc. So I am now a Ascendo customer!!!!
Ditto but wait! There's more!

I'm just as pleased as lamonicaj but more than just the traditional tree views I had some 300 entries in EWallet and wasn't really interested in recreating them in Password keeper or some other database for passwords, web sites, registration codes, etc....then I read that DataVault can import EWallet data files.... Wha-La.... import worked perfectly and I'm back in business. Goodbye EWallet and Hello DataVault.

Roll (Back in his happy place.)
Old 09-02-2008, 11:33 PM   #38
jayleesd

Model: 8320
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by koleary19067 View Post
I'm having syncing problems as well. This is what I have:

- Ascendo DataVault on my computer: v 4.4 (downloaded from website), trial (unregistered)
- Ascendo DataVault on my BlackBerry: v 4.41 (downloaded OTA using the tinyurl address on your website), trial (unregistered). Also tried with v 4.42 which I downloaded from the website onto my laptop and installed through BB Desktop Manager.
- BlackBerry Curve: v 4.2.2.180 (Platform 2.5.0.36)
- BlackBerry Desktop Manager: v 4.3.0.17 (before I upgraded BBDM, which didn't help)

The first time I installed (OTA using the tinyurl link on Ascendo's website) and synced, it worked fine. But subsequent syncs wouldn't work properly - it would go through the motions of syncing, but changes that I made on my laptop wouldn't show up on my phone. I tried repeatedly, always doing the "refresh after sync" option on my BB, restarting my phone, restarting my laptop, etc, but no luck. I also upgraded the BB Desktop Manager that I downloaded from BB's site (since T-Mobile isn't offering it yet), but using the newer BBDM didn't make a difference.

So I uninstalled DataVault from my BlackBerry and then installed it through BB Desktop Manager. The first time I synced it, it worked - a dialog box appeared, asking for my password, which I entered, and then it synced my data onto my phone. But any syncing I do after that doesn't work properly. It goes through the motions (except that it does not ask for the password again), but changes I make on my laptop don't appear on the phone.

Is anyone else having this problem? Any fixes? I'm still running on a trial and won't purchase until I know it will sync successfully/properly.

Last edited by jayleesd; 09-02-2008 at 11:35 PM.. Reason: Added additional info
Old 09-02-2008, 11:59 PM   #39
camaro322hp

Model: 9100

This may not be the answer you're looking for, but try downgrading your Desktop Manager to 4.2 SP2. I know that version works with Ascendo Datavault, as I sync daily with it.

99 Z28 M6 black
04 GSX-R750 blue/white
Old 09-03-2008, 12:12 AM   #40
rsisley

Model: 9550

I'm also have a sync problem. I have the desktop version installed on my work and home PC's, and the v4.40 on my Blackberry (4.6 BB Desktop Manager). My BB was sync'd with the work PC and I then tried to sync at home, hoping that data from both would live happily together. Instead, all the work stuff was deleted and replaced with the home stuff. I exchanged emails with someone from Ascendo today, who said that it should work. Marc, any ideas? Don't fail me now.
Closed Thread