BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 06:50 AM   #1
porcaccio

Model: 8100
Default 8100 vs Nokia E70

Please Login to Remove!

Without going into a major OS war, I wanted to know if anyone had considered (like me) the Nokia E70 as opposed to the 8100.

I've owned BB's before, most recently the 8700. I think they are great devices, and the 8100 tops them all for my needs. Still, the E70 has it's own charm for me, with it's form factor, 2mp camera, amazing screen and Activesync Push email.

Anyone considering both of thse phones?

Last edited by porcaccio; 09-07-2006 at 06:52 AM..
Old 09-08-2006, 01:18 PM   #2
ajg
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: M600i
Carrier: T-Mobile

No OS wars here... I can tell you that I am an avid user of both OS's. S60, on the E70, is an extrememly powerful OS; I will say that it is more powerful than BB OS. I will go nose to nose with anyone who says otherwise. That doesn't mean that S60 is better, but just as I said more powerful. It is quite literally a multimedia computer in your pocket; whether it be any S60 device. That power also adds complexity so some people are more charmed by the simple OS of BB vs. S60. I for one needed more power so I am not a very happy owner of my Nokia N70.

The E70 is certainly larger compared to the 8100; not huge, but much bigger. It however could virtually replace a laptop for extended periods of time. BB's I still feel are messaging devices... as is the E70. But the E70, again, adds everything a S60 has to offer.

The 8100, with the same OS as other BB's, will have a slightly better experience with Push Email. Yes, the E70 does have BB Connect, but it, from what I hear, is not quite a fluid as the rest of the messaging apps on S60 so perhaps a BB user might be turned off buy that.

In the end, in my opinion, these words describe these devices.

E70: Powerful multimedia computer
8100: Light, clean, and simple, messager with multimedia functions

I somedays miss my Blackberry but to each his own. Some will be happier with a BB and some with a S60 device.
Old 09-08-2006, 01:41 PM   #3
porcaccio

Model: 8100

thanks for the reply. i am currently configured to use Exchange Activesync on my E70, so I still get the push email. My biggest gripe is the price point on the E70. I guess I might try out the 8100 to see how it fares for me.
Closed Thread