Old 11-03-2009, 11:13 AM   #1
xgm541
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: dash
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Default Try iphone?

Please Login to Remove!

I noticed that i am always looking for something cool and new to do on my phone. I have the bold 9000 so i am kind of limited by app memory to go crazy with downloading apps.. and besides the apps for the blackberry are a limit themselves.

Anyway, my dilemma is that my contract is due to renew. The bold 9700 is coming out in 2 weeks or so, and thats the phone i have my heart set on. But I get the feeling that the iphone will always be on my mind.

Will i be happy with the iphone? Now i know this a blackberry forum so there is iphone hate, but maybe someone can relate...
Old 11-03-2009, 11:19 AM   #2
DacyJ
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9000
PIN: g Bomb!
Carrier: The Newest AT&T

Wirelessly posted (My name is Bubbles)

I use a Bold and have an iphone as well, the iphone is what I use at home on wifi and I use my Bold for everything else. I have been told that the 3GS will support SIM swapping so you can set your account up to that and switch back and forth.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:04 PM   #3
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7
Carrier: AT&T

I used both. The 3GS in my main phone now. Aside from not having BBM, I really like the iphone for just about everything else. I just signed up for mobile me and now my iphone is in sync with both my Macs. I really comes down to personal preference. Some here have tried the iphone and hated it, some have become converts.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:18 PM   #4
bostonnerd
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: z10
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by DacyJ View Post
Wirelessly posted (My name is Bubbles)

...I have been told that the 3GS will support SIM swapping so you can set your account up to that and switch back and forth.
Care to to elaborate?
Old 11-03-2009, 12:22 PM   #5
xgm541
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: dash
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonnerd View Post
Care to to elaborate?
id like you to elaborate as well. this was one of my biggest issues.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:56 AM   #6
Daughain
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: T-Mobile

Iphone isn't too bad as long as it's been jailbroken. The wifi option is nice, but the touchscreen thing just doesn't work for me. I can type on a BB kb without an issue by using my fingernails. On the Iphone, if I don't hit the keys *just* right, I end up having to delete and try to retype. There is also the basic device difference. The Iphone started life as a video/music player, the BB was more of a business device. I view the Iphone as more of a toy, than anything else. As DacyJ said, I use it on my home LAN, but thats about it. Depends on what you think you will be using it for the most.

Almost forgot, there is the minor detail of only running one app at a time, without a JB and backgrounder app installed. (Iphone)

Last edited by Daughain; 11-04-2009 at 02:51 AM..
Old 11-04-2009, 05:51 AM   #7
walds11
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 3GS
Carrier: at&t

I had a BB for about 3 1/2 years and switched from an 8900 to an iPhone 3GS in June. I had a Pearl prior to the 8900. I returned the 8900 within the 30 day hassle free return window. The touchscreen is great for browsing, apps, games and a few other things, but is not that great for typing emails in my opinion. I miss the full QWERTY keyboard. The BB has true push email and you can do more customization with the device. If BB could come close to the iPhone's Safari browser and customization, I would jump back in an instant. The killer browsing experience on the iPhone is the only thing that could hold me from going back to BB. I do tons of browsing on my iPhone. I guess the BB browser is just ok and the Safari browser is great. I even miss the LED light on the BB and a few other minor things, but they are a big deal to me. These are some reasons why I would go back. It's such a tough decision!?!?

Just so you know, I have my eye on the upcoming 9700.
Closed Thread