BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 11:25 AM   #1
christamby

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Customize "Messages" Indicator folder?

Please Login to Remove!

Can I customize what goes into the "Messages" indicator? For example, I only want to see my work Enterprise Server emails there. I want to remove Missed Calls, New SMS, new Yahoo & Hotmail email alerts and all other alerts from this one folder/indicator/application (I'm not sure what to call it, it's the Mailbox icon on the desktop).

If not, can I create a seperate Mailbox Folder just for my work emails?

Thank You!
Old 08-13-2009, 04:26 PM   #2
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

No. Messages icon is a catch ALL for messages.

Look for a 3rd party app called Entourage I believe which will create a BES mailbox icon, so you can then hide the messages icon and use the individual mailbox icons for your different email accounts.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 08-14-2009, 10:45 AM   #3
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

To a degree.

Disable call logs via the Phone/Call Log->Options->Call Logging. Set it to None.

You can separate SMS/MMS so they have their own icon and only appear under that icon via Message->Options->General Options->SMS and EMail Inboxes. Set to Separate.

As for BES mail, you can either get your BES admin to enable the BES icon or use Empower BES Mailbox. Won't make a difference in Messages but it will create a BES mail icon.

You can't control what email arrives in Messages nor can you prevent Messages from receiving PIN messages or storing saved browser requests, saved browser pages, etc.
Closed Thread