BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 01-01-2011, 04:06 PM   #1
rung
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9780
Carrier: t-mobile
Thumbs down Browser Zoom (No Column View)

Please Login to Remove!

Okay, this is really getting annoying. It appears with the OS 6 browser (my last phone was a Pearl. I now own a 9780), we only get one zoom that will reformat the webpage text. Any further zooming (e.g. hitting the "z" key), will zoom the whole page but not reformat the text so it doesn't move off the screen to the right. I find myself looking for a narrow column on the webpages (e.g. an advertisement), zooming to that column, and then moving the cursor back to what I really want to read. What am I doing wrong? I don't want to scroll left and right to read a webpage. I just want to hit the spacebar like it was in the old column view on my Pearl. What is even worse is that if the webpage is "formatted for mobile", you may not even get one zoom! And the fact that we can't change the browser emulation anymore means some websites will not let you view the non-mobile version. Arggh!
Old 01-01-2011, 05:36 PM   #2
Wolf_Dreams
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by rung View Post
Okay, this is really getting annoying. It appears with the OS 6 browser (my last phone was a Pearl. I now own a 9780), we only get one zoom that will reformat the webpage text. Any further zooming (e.g. hitting the "z" key), will zoom the whole page but not reformat the text so it doesn't move off the screen to the right. I find myself looking for a narrow column on the webpages (e.g. an advertisement), zooming to that column, and then moving the cursor back to what I really want to read. What am I doing wrong? I don't want to scroll left and right to read a webpage. I just want to hit the spacebar like it was in the old column view on my Pearl. What is even worse is that if the webpage is "formatted for mobile", you may not even get one zoom! And the fact that we can't change the browser emulation anymore means some websites will not let you view the non-mobile version. Arggh!
I've got the 9700/6.0.0.418 and the browser has keyboard shortcuts you have to enable in options - and for a list of them, you'll need to use the help app.

As far as zooming - use pinch to zoom emulation

Hold Alt and scroll up/down for in/out fast and left/right for In/out slow.

Some areas, when you zoom in, don't reformat the text properly. I believe it's in how the webpage is coded.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 01-09-2011, 08:01 AM   #3
rung
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9780
Carrier: t-mobile

Not much discussion over here on this topic. I found there is a lively discussion about this over at crackberry. At least I know I am not alone.

I did figure out how to fix the mobile sites. It turns out they use the default font size. So increasing that in the options will make those sites readable.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile