Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9650
PIN: pin me to the wall.
Carrier: Sprint
Default Re: why blackberry users will bail on RIM

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benf13 View Post
...I like the Torch but the 2 year old technology kills that deal, the 9700/9780 are way too small for me, more a ladies phone, waiting for the perfect phone is a waste of time, I guess ill wait a few more months and hope RIM catches up with a killer phone but past performance makes that prospect look bleak.
How is the Torch with OS6 2 year old technology? Have you played around with one? I just got one for my wife, unlocked it for her carrier and couldn't be happier... They have perfected thier touchscreen interface (unlike the Storm/Storm2), still has a "hard" keypad for those that prefer (or on screen, if you like). the browser experience is as good as any droid, and I have played around with alot of diff droids.
And, if you haven't heard, please google Blackberry Triton... its from the rumor mill, and some of the posts are old, but if anyone from RIM monitors these boards (fingers crossed!!!), this 4G phone will come to fruition quickly!!
I repeat... I have played around with alot of the different droids, and had an iphone right when they came out, and have found nothing that I like better. I will go down on the titanic with RIM... I still have hope.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:22 PM   #182
jnyost

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

I'm getting very tired of waiting for a new phone. I purchased a Droid Incredible back in July, but am ready to come back to the BB. I don't like the lack of memo pad or to-dos, the OS upgrades, or back-ups. There just isn't any support at the core level. You have to have a third party app for everything and I hate it.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:27 PM   #183
gambit007
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodacom

What was it, 17 million Iphones sold....while rim's sales takes a dive...and android seems
pulling up quickly from behind. The 8520 is my first bb, yeah excuse while i go and get drunk.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:00 AM   #184
pv1

Model: 8700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnyost View Post
I'm getting very tired of waiting for a new phone. I purchased a Droid Incredible back in July, but am ready to come back to the BB. I don't like the lack of memo pad or to-dos, the OS upgrades, or back-ups. There just isn't any support at the core level. You have to have a third party app for everything and I hate it.
I couldn't agree more. You hit the nail on the head. I like some of the features but the ones you listed along with terrible battery life and force close/hangs make me yearn for one of my old Blackberry phones. I would really like a slightly elongated and thinner BB Pearl.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 12-28-2010, 04:24 PM   #185
swervable
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8530

for me and corporate security, RIM is the best there is. you can still take an iphone/pad down with pineapple.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:29 AM   #186
OVERKILL

Model: 9900
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbburks View Post
Twice at work recently someone has asked if BlackBerry will be around in four years. We did an online survey and 5x as many users would rather have an iPhone. I'd rather manage BlackBerrys but user demand is driving us elsewhere.
We have a couple personal iPhones in the office and a couple iPad's. However, these users still have BB's for business use due to the BES.

Even the users admit that the BB is a better device for what they are provided for: E-mail, phone and PIM.

Note that these are not cutting-edge BB's. The guys with the Apple stuff have 8700's, LOL!

Most of my users understand and appreciate the difference between their work device, its purpose and their personal device.... And how they choose to use it.

But really, it likely comes down to the organization. In my experience, the choice of the device is up to the company. The user has very little say in what they end up getting. So what the user wants really plays no role most of the time unless he's the CEO or President. The best device for the job is the one that is used. And since the 950.... That device for US at least, has been a Blackberry. This is obviously not the case with every business however, and I can appreciate that.
Blackberry user since 2001.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:51 AM   #187
OVERKILL

Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambit007 View Post
What was it, 17 million Iphones sold....while rim's sales takes a dive...and android seems
pulling up quickly from behind. The 8520 is my first bb, yeah excuse while i go and get drunk.
For end-user sales (from Gartner):

3Q 2010, Apple sold 13.4 Million phones worldwide. RIM sold 11.9 Million.

2Q 2010, Apple sold 8.7 Million phones worldwide. RIM sold 11.2 Million.

1Q 2010, Apple sold 8.4 Million phones worldwide. RIM sold 10.6 Million.

So for the first 3Q of 2010:

Apple: 30.5 Million
RIM: 33.7 Million

I'd say they are doing OK.
Blackberry user since 2001.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:31 PM   #188
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

Sure, go and confuse everyone with facts.

Apple has lost their Maximum Leader (for unknown reasons). Stock down 10% today. What happens now???

BTW - hope whatever it is, he gets back to work because he's a visionary. I may not support the vision/koolaid, but at he is a visionary.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:59 PM   #189
BRErookie

Model: 8350
Carrier: Nextel

In opinion Blackberry is becoming the new sidekick. over publicized by hip hop and pop culture and losing its ability to keep up with the other phones out there. Soon as I quit my job I'm getting rid of my 8350i and moving to an EVO
Old 02-28-2011, 01:10 PM   #190
chaylz

Model: 8350
Carrier: sprint

people will continue to use blackberries no matter what
Old 03-03-2011, 10:35 AM   #191
magician1
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: o2

Re: why blackberry users will bail on RIM: Don't think so.
There will always be a vast marketplace for BB due to the push and email security features.
I had BB for years and went to the other side for 9 weeks, it was amazing to begin with but once the flashing lights and amazing apps cleared it was no way as efficeint as my BB. I really thought that was it and no way would go back to BB as this did so much more!!!!! But I was wrong!
I use my BB for rapid emails, send recieve, calendar and contact and pasting notes etc. The BB is just much for rapid for what I need..Sold the iphone 4 only 3 days ago on ebay and 2 weeks, rather than recharge and load up my older 9700 I bought a simfree 9780 and just love it.
Once we get the HD video, touchscreen Dakota then it will be up there.
So tired the iphone and back to what I really do like to use, just so quick and rapid and a real workhorse.
I love my BB
Old 03-25-2011, 10:58 AM   #192
David Haddad
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 0000
Carrier: Sprint

RIM shares drop as forecast disappoints - MarketWatch
Old 03-27-2011, 11:06 PM   #193
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370

I've had all the new hot Android phones that Sprint offers. Epic 4G, Evo, and a few others only slightly less hot. Guess what? I'm back to using my BlackBerry because it just plain works. Dependable, great battery life, and nothing handles email and other messaging functions like a BlackBerry.

A lot of folks will indeed try something new and hot. But if they're honest with themselves about how they work and about what works best for them, a lot will come back to BlackBerry, wiser for the experience.

RIM just had a bad quarter. People have been predicting their demise for years now and RIM is still going strong. This was also a quarter with a refresh across several model lines but nothing new. The Torch actually hit last quarter, and although it's been selling well by all accounts, a single new product won't carry a quarter. Especially not when there is a new iPhone model, a metric assload of new Android phones, and they're all being sold by more than a single carrier. There is some excitement coming to the BlackBerry line very shortly. The Bold Touch, Curve Touch, and Storm 3 should all light things up this spring/summer.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:37 AM   #194
jhnptrlimo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130

I don't think RIM will ever go out as people will always need them but it is truly ridiculous on how slow they are releasing products. The Storm 3 should have been released already and their should also be other touch screens being sold....I mean 1 for at&t and 1 for verizon is crazy!
Old 03-29-2011, 03:19 AM   #195
scophone

Model: 7100T
Carrier: ios

I am blackberry old customer

Blackberry is strong
Old 03-30-2011, 09:57 AM   #196
Robert_K

Model: 8830

After almost 3 years my wife and I both bailed on BlackBerry. Both of us went with Android phones (her an Incredible and I the ThunderBolt). I figured she would go iPhone but when she tried it she hated it. After 2 days she called me at work to tell me how much she loves her new phone.

iPhone and Android took consumer lead first by building very nice reliable OS platforms. After 6 OS releases and I STILL have to pull the battery on my work BB every other day. Battery pulls were the norm at my house as a morning and evening routine. Not once have I had to pull the battery on any Android device I own and no more waiting 5 minutes to reboot my phone!

Everyone that keeps defending RIM because of the BES controls needs to be aware that the potental to do what BlackBerry does so well is already rearing its head on other platforms. Good Technology is now offering a FIPS 140-2 certified server that allows you to do just about everything you can do with a BES on Android and iOS platforms. Motorola is about to roll out their 3LM server product this summer that allows enterprise control of Android phones and tablets at the API level just like a BlackBerry.

RIM continues to tow the line because they feel they have the enterprise user market cornered. Their naive attitude and sub par products will be the real reason users bail on them.

Last edited by Robert_K; 03-30-2011 at 10:00 AM..
Old 03-30-2011, 11:34 AM   #197
michael12005

Model: Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_K View Post
After almost 3 years my wife and I both bailed on BlackBerry. Both of us went with Android phones (her an Incredible and I the ThunderBolt). I figured she would go iPhone but when she tried it she hated it. After 2 days she called me at work to tell me how much she loves her new phone.

iPhone and Android took consumer lead first by building very nice reliable OS platforms. After 6 OS releases and I STILL have to pull the battery on my work BB every other day. Battery pulls were the norm at my house as a morning and evening routine. Not once have I had to pull the battery on any Android device I own and no more waiting 5 minutes to reboot my phone!

Everyone that keeps defending RIM because of the BES controls needs to be aware that the potental to do what BlackBerry does so well is already rearing its head on other platforms. Good Technology is now offering a FIPS 140-2 certified server that allows you to do just about everything you can do with a BES on Android and iOS platforms. Motorola is about to roll out their 3LM server product this summer that allows enterprise control of Android phones and tablets at the API level just like a BlackBerry.

RIM continues to tow the line because they feel they have the enterprise user market cornered. Their naive attitude and sub par products will be the real reason users bail on them.
i have been a BlackBerry user for years, mostly for the instant email. Last week I switched to the new HTC Thunderbolt (Verizon). I kept it all of 21 hours. What a load of junk! Battery lasted 5 hours and 16 minutes with but 3 hours of use and 2 hours on standby, some email never came thru at all, some took over 30 minutes to arrive. Back with my BlackBerry now!
Old 04-05-2011, 02:57 PM   #198
Robert_K

Model: 8830

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael12005 View Post
i have been a BlackBerry user for years, mostly for the instant email. Last week I switched to the new HTC Thunderbolt (Verizon). I kept it all of 21 hours. What a load of junk! Battery lasted 5 hours and 16 minutes with but 3 hours of use and 2 hours on standby, some email never came thru at all, some took over 30 minutes to arrive. Back with my BlackBerry now!
Sorry, you must have got a dud. Mine has been absolutely perfect. Of course I did my research before I bought the phone and bought an extended battery. I use it all day and when I get home from work I still have 75% battery left. So far everything about my ThunderBolt kills anything my Storm and Bold were capable of doing.

It would be different if ALL I needed was instantaneous email and nothing else I would have Blackberry, but I don't. My email client updates every 5 minutes and that's fine for most people especially when you're not required to pull the battery twice a day. My phone never crashes or freezes up or tells me my memory is low and I need to reboot. The apps are better, faster, and the MarketPlace is 10x faster than navigating App World.

Regardless of which Android you purchase there is a reason it now accounts for 33% of OSs installed on smartphones. Just a matter of time before someone cashes in on a viable enterprise solution to take full advantage of them.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:33 AM   #199
anar_baku

Carrier: Vodafone

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrydeezz View Post
Don't get me wrong I love my tour, it just works for alot of things for me. Mainly keyboard and I can actully get things done faster on it. But I'm with sprint and the evo 4g is a killer and the fact that you can actully type faster with swype like seen in the samsung commerical (not that fast maybe).

Anyway I just saw this on yahoo and honestly I have to agree because RIM is getting dated everyday. I don't see how a blackberry phone can cost as much or equal to any of the other iphones, etc.

why-blackberry-users-will-defect: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance
BlackBerry doesn't cost as much as iPhone, not even near. I don't understand how iPhone gets away with its pricing. And I can't see how you can type faster on a touchscreen compared to a keyboard - I just don't buy that.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:23 PM   #200
Howard S.
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by anar_baku View Post
And I can't see how you can type faster on a touchscreen compared to a keyboard - I just don't buy that.
Couldn't agree more! Typing on a virtual keyboard is not close to the real deal.