Old 06-22-2010, 01:11 PM   #1
mstasiuk

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: MTS
Default BlackBerry Pearl not connecting to carrier

Please Login to Remove!

Hi Everyone,

I have a Blackberry Pearl 8130 that I purchased back in January of this year. I dropped my phone over the weekend and have started to experience some problems. The phone will no longer connect to the network. I cannot access the manage connections icon either. The phone turns on and off but does not automatically connect to the network, nor can I click on the manage connections icon to manually connect to the network.
As well, the rollerball only works once in a while. It always works when I roll the ball, but it only works sometimes when I go to click on an icon. As well, I can't use the "enter" key to select a menu item, but the rest of the keyboard does work. As well enter does work when I am using it normally.
I brought it into my MTS carrier and they explained to me that they would send it back to Blackberry and I would receive a brand new one immediately. The only catch is that if there is any physical damage to the phone, they will charge me the $400 for a new one. Now, I have slightly shaked the phone and there is nothing that rattles or seems to be loose. It was working for a while after I dropped it and replaced the rollerball. Now, it doesn't work at all. I am concerned that if I send it in to blackberry for repair, they will find some physical damage and will charge me for the replacement. Is there anyway of telling if my phone has any physical damage from the drop? Or if the phone just stopped responding on it's own?
I was also wondering, if it may be better just to take it into a cellular repair shop and see if they can fix it? I understand that once they open up the phone, the warranty is null, and I will have to find a replacement phone.
Could anyone please give me some advice as to what I should do!?!?
Thank you very much in advance. I appreciate it!
Old 06-22-2010, 01:33 PM   #2
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

You dropped it. It stopped working. Time for a new BlackBerry.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:25 PM   #3
syedreza
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

hi mstasiuk,

Have to tried to replace the SIM card and reload the OS? I agree with NJBlackBerry that it probably time for a new blackberry, but your might as well try those steps if you haven't already.

hope that helps.
Closed Thread