anyone have an alternative link?
i tried installing the service books directly but that did not work
Old 12-22-2007, 02:22 PM   #202
concrete

Model: 7130c
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu023 View Post
Arghhh Keep getting "service not enabled for this handheld" on my blackberry pearl. Have tried 3 times to make this work. Can see the yahoo service book on the phone, followed the steps each time. The only thing different I can see is that when I resend the service books to the phone, I just get confirmation of setting up my email accounts, rather than a message which tells me the service books have been reinstalled - is that right? Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks!

I'm in the same boat. I just updated my 7130c to the latest and greatest (Push to talk).

I deleted my service books. I added the Yahoo service books from another download.

I registed the table and sent new service books.

I install yahoo

I hard boot

and i get the error message when trying to use yahoo

"service not enabled for this handheld"
Old 12-22-2007, 03:20 PM   #203
concrete

Model: 7130c

this sux, i spent the last 2 hours of my life and still no yahoo. There's something wrong , I followed the instructions to the tee and have everything installed. service books are back and still nothing. Does this not work with the new 7130c 4.2.1.96 (platform 2.3.0.78) ???
Old 12-24-2007, 04:14 PM   #204
comerunning

Model: 8700c
PIN: N/A
Carrier: at&t

I also followed the instructions and a message pops up that says that it's not enabled for this handheld.

BUT I can get google talk even though I couldn't before. Don't know what the problem is with YIM

update: did it again and it works now!!! Thanks so much!!!!

Last edited by comerunning; 12-24-2007 at 07:14 PM..
Old 01-03-2008, 10:08 PM   #205
PrissyPJ
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Just wanted to say thanks! This worked perfectly the first time.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:52 PM   #206
kaushik

Model: 8800
Carrier: cingular
Default Didnt work for my cingular

Hi,
I did all the steps above but the YIM still gives message- Service not enabled for this handheld

I did the following:
-take backup of all settings
-download and install YIM for BB (removed precious install and restarted by removing battery)
-installed the 4.2 service book with YIM entry
-restart BB again
-login to YIM (it had my yahoo id and password still saved!, is it bcoz i also use yahoo Go!)

i checked the service books and it has entry (BBFS2[YHO])

COULD SOMEONE HELP ME!!! (i currently use a app called mig33 for yahoo messenger- but having YIM would be cool)

kaushik
Old 01-12-2008, 11:32 PM   #207
adhikariindia
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7230
Carrier: hutch india
Default Can I Surf Internet Without Bis-service

[i] I Have Just Purchased Bb7230 From Ebay. I Stay In Such A Portion Of India Where Bis Not Present. Just Normal Gprsmobile Internet Available. Can Anybody Tell Me How To Configure My Blackberry ,so That It Will Be Able To Catch Internet Using Normal Gprs And Not Any Bis...
The Phoneis Fine With A Opera Browser Pre-installed In It..

Sam
Old 01-14-2008, 03:33 PM   #208
henryt_97

Model: 8310
Default Any Luck with an 8310 ?

Hey List :
SO I used these instruction for a Curve 8300 worked Great, just got an 8310 and no joy - the Service book looks like it is installed but no icon, no Y!
Any Ideas ?
TIA
[Update]
Here is an idea, It was a D.U.E. ==> download the Y! 2.0 app FIRST, then load the Service books per the directions ... All happy now !!

Last edited by henryt_97; 01-17-2008 at 12:48 PM.. Reason: update
Old 01-17-2008, 02:34 AM   #209
dadto4xys

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT & T
Smile Awesome!!!!

My wife and I love you!!!! It was killing us that we could not use Yahoo! IM on our BB's. This worked like a charm on our AT & T BB Curves. Thanks again! You are the best!
Old 01-18-2008, 02:30 PM   #210
gdittmar

Model: 8100
Default Yahoo 2.0 AT&T Pearl Yahoo Icon Missing

Just thought I would add some things I found out.... When I downloaded the new Yahoo Messenger I got the same error that many were getting, "Uncaught exception java.lang.error," but I also ran into the problem that the Yahoo Messenger Icon disappeared all together. I read in one of the forums that if you go into Options> Applications and delete Yahoo and then re-install it would fix it. Not so, after trying over and over, resetting my whole phone, it still didn't work. Here is the trick. While in applications, press menu, select Modules. If the net_rim_yahoo module is still there you have to delete it. Once the Application and the module is deleted, then re-install Yahoo Messenger. Once that is done, follow the instructions in the first post of this thread and you should be good to go. As always, this worked for me, but I am not responsible if it messes up anyone elses phone. Good Luck!

Instructions for AT&T Pearl and Yahoo Messenger 2.***
1. Back up your Service Books using Desktop Manager
2. Delete the Yahoo Messenger Application:
Select Options > Advanced Options > Applications
(Dependig on the Theme you are using this may be different)
Scroll to Yahoo Messenger (Could be listed as net_rim_yahoo)
Press the Menu Button and select Delete
3. Verify that the net_rim_yahoo module is deleted
In the applications menu, select Menu > Modules
Scroll down to net_rim_yahoo, if it is there, select Menu > Delete
4. Let the phone restart
5. Re-install Yahoo Messenger
6. Follow the steps in the first post of this thread to load the correct Service Books

Hope this helps.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:33 PM   #211
gdittmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik View Post
Hi,
I did all the steps above but the YIM still gives message- Service not enabled for this handheld

I did the following:
-take backup of all settings
-download and install YIM for BB (removed precious install and restarted by removing battery)
-installed the 4.2 service book with YIM entry
-restart BB again
-login to YIM (it had my yahoo id and password still saved!, is it bcoz i also use yahoo Go!)

i checked the service books and it has entry (BBFS2[YHO])

COULD SOMEONE HELP ME!!! (i currently use a app called mig33 for yahoo messenger- but having YIM would be cool)

kaushik

You may need to use the new service book provided by Ophidean in the first post. It is for the latest version of Yahoo Messenger, just a thought
Old 01-22-2008, 11:26 PM   #212
Infanity

Ok i somehow restored and got the service book on the phone [YHO] but the freaking stupid msg is still showing. Saying service not enabled for this handheld. WTF. this is ****ing annoying and frustrating

Last edited by Infanity; 01-23-2008 at 12:29 AM..
Old 01-25-2008, 01:41 PM   #213
captain_tinker

Model: 9700

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdittmar View Post
You may need to use the new service book provided by Ophidean in the first post. It is for the latest version of Yahoo Messenger, just a thought
Well, what do you know, the dang thing worked! I was getting "service not enabled for this handheld" and googled it and found this site, was at first afraid to do all that, but got sick of it and did it, and it worked. Thanks! I used the latest service book by Ophidean, after the previous one still didn't work. Thanks for this information!

-capT
Old 01-27-2008, 02:04 AM   #214
DJSAS4SHO

Well i have tried all of these and none of this stuff seemed to work but I found out that putting the T-Mobile Service Books & IM Apps makes Yahoo work on AT&T so there is no need for a T-Mobile sim. It works like a charm thanks to a thread I found in here. The AIM app wont work for AT&T yet still trying to figure that out but all the others work. Yahoo, MSN, ICQ, Google Talk, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colindavy View Post
first i delete old IM applications and Im service books that i tried to install when they first dropped then i used Download manager delete all my service books then loaded these BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community then i installed this with download manager http://www.knology.net/~acidmax/blac...im_clients.zip then after installed this http://webpages.charter.net/john.clark/IM_Apps.zip also with download manger hope it works for every one as it did for me and dont forget to resend your service books and register the host routing table

Last edited by DJSAS4SHO; 01-27-2008 at 02:06 AM..
Old 02-27-2008, 07:47 PM   #215
irfankapasi

Model: 8800
Thumbs up Few Additions for getting Y!M

Do everything what Spencer recommends with the Ophidian service book.

If you're having the same problem as me once you have your Y! messenger running and having requested your Service Book, your custom Email account Service Books are missing. The way to get it is through the Email Setup (and not through the bis website).

I also just talked to the 'Data Service Customer help' and here's what they gave as an alternative to access Yahoo, AOL, Windows Live:

1. Go to Media Net
2. Navigate to Mail and Messaging > Instant Messaging
3. Download, and then Run the application.
4. Should have an icon now with '2 people' - blue and gray
5. Clicking the icon will allow you to connect to either of the 3 messengers.

Hope this helps. It worked for me.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:59 PM   #216
groundzero

Default 8310 not able to access BIS

I used this service book on my pearl and all worked great however my girlfriend's 8310, she can't access her BIS through the internet, she can only do it on her phone. I'm not sure how I can re-install the factory service books once the yahoo service book is installed.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:34 AM   #217
thunor

Model: 8700g

It would seem that the Ophidian link no longer works? It takes me to a blank screen...
Old 03-28-2008, 02:26 AM   #218
abraradib

Model: 8707v
Carrier: Celcom
Talking Anyone can explain this to me????

I am newbie..
Old 03-28-2008, 01:42 PM   #219
BBChristopher
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000

Box.net - Free Online File Storage, Internet File Sharing, Online Storage, Access Documents & Files Anywhere, Backup Data, Send Files

try that link. i just used it and it worked for me
850, 950, 957, 7100, 7130, 8100, 8800, 8310, 9000
Old 04-04-2008, 02:58 PM   #220
draker

Carrier: Telcel

Thanks for the explanation on how to fix this problem.
I'm having trouble downloading the .ipd file provided by Ophidian in the first post of this thread. I get redericted to a page with the following link but it always appears blank (no pop-up blocker message):

BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community

I tried with firefox but got an invalid file. I'm interested in this file because I also want to use google talk.

Does anyone what the problem is or how to fix it? Is there any other link to download this file?

Thanks!

Draker
Closed Thread