Old 10-15-2008, 03:34 AM   #1
Nick Beecham
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Default Changing Micro SD Cards

Please Login to Remove!

I had no problem removing the Micro SD Card which came with my 8300 in order to replace it with one of higher capacity. However, when I wanted to remove the new one (so I could retrieve some files stored on the old one) I found that I could no longer raise the lid in which the card is located - it was jammed, even if I tried moving the metal thing to the unlock position. I gave up trying.

Now my wife has acquired an 8310 and again I replaced the Micro SD Card it came with for one of higher capacity without any problem. Now she wants me to put the old one back to retrieve some pictures. I have exactly the same problem - the lid is jammed.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Many thanks in advance.
Nick
Old 10-15-2008, 04:12 AM   #2
littleman
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: att

take it to the store and have them fix it. if something were to break its their fault not yours or u can see whats causeing the problem.and no ive got 3 mc and change them depending on what im doing ive had no problems
Old 10-15-2008, 04:41 AM   #3
BuzzBuzz
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: 22B5B76D
Carrier: AT&T

Wirelessly posted (Curve 8310)

I haven't had any trouble; the fact that you've had this experience twice seems to suggest it might be you are forcing/jamming it closed. The card should slide into the trap door, then both lie down into the groove, then you slide the metal lock into the locked position. This should reverse pretty easily.

Look at the two metal legs/hinges where the door fastens to the device; are they bent?
Old 10-15-2008, 05:12 AM   #4
Nick Beecham

OK - Many thanks to you both.

I guess I must have been too rough with them.

Best wishes

Nick
Old 10-15-2008, 07:57 AM   #5
Norseman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: ATT

I had this problem with my first Curve, but it turned out to be MY fault. When I bought the card in Best Buy, the guy goes, "Want me to put it in for you? It's a bit tricky" But my ego kicked in and I brushed the guy off. Then I sat in my car for like 10 minutes and couldn't get the metal clip to close. Finally I went home, came on here and read a post that pointed out that you need to insert the card into the metal clip BEFORE you close the clip and lock it in place. It's not like the SIM clip that shuts down on top of the card. With the MicroSD clip, you insert it into the metal - THEN you shut the metal clip and lock it.

Are you sure you locked it in right?
Old 10-15-2008, 11:59 AM   #6
Nick Beecham

I did get this bit right, but I think after the first change I must have slid the metal thing into the lock position too tightly.

Many thanks
Nick
Closed Thread