Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 09:24 PM   #61
WozniakMac
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: 305E3014
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

It should. Both batteries are exactly the same, other than the thickness.
BlackBerry 8100c - Cingular
BlackBerry 7130e - Alltel
Old 04-08-2006, 12:50 PM   #62
river747
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

Got my extended battery last night. Put it on the wall charger that came with the bb and it came right up to 100% overnight. Will post results as to usage and endurance later.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:11 PM   #63
sfo
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8703e

QUOTE:
As for the ease of use thing, the extra weight and thickness makes it feel better in the hands. Try using it for a few weeks then go back to the standard battery. It feels awkward by comparison.

RESPONSE:
The extra weight doesn't bother you? I keep trying to get used to it, but always go back to regular. In honesty, I've never kept it for more than a day with the extended battery. Perhaps I should force myself, given that it seems everyone who's got the extended battery likes it.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:15 AM   #64
rcg
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 7290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiba
Where did you get the external charger? I didnt know this existed

Chiba

external charger http://store.bizshopr.com/rimacc-07493-001.html

AIM: SmartPhoneDepot
Old 04-10-2006, 01:16 AM   #65
rcg
Platinum Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangta01
Chiba -

http://www.shopblackberry.com/_black...8C66PHRLTDADD6

Is this not compatible with the extended battery?
Yes it is compatible

Old 04-10-2006, 11:35 AM   #66
wangta01

Model: 8900

Ok, here is my summary of the extended battery:

Fully charged the extended battery Thursday night and unplugged on Friday morning at 9 AM. Decided not to recharge the battery to see how long it would last. Its now noon on Monday and I still have 15% battery remaining! Needless to say, I'm quite pleased with the battery life. I am an email/message addict and constantly am checking email, etc. I even used verichat for half the time! However, I did have bluetooth off (except for a 30 minute conversation), so this may have perserved some battery life. I consider myself a heavy power consuming user (+1000 text messages a month, corporate/personal email, internet browser, verichat, bluetooth) so I'm very impressed with the extended battery power life!

On the bad side, i found this battery is NOT compatible with the plug-in battery charge (http://www.shopblackberry.com/_black...8C66PHRLTDADD6). I did check the contacts, fit, etc - the battery fits in the charger perfectly, but the RED light comes on instead of the usual charge color (amber/green). I saw RCG's post stating that it is compatible, but mine does not seem to work (only rechargable via phone charging).

Left Picture: Extended battery in battery charger (red light)
Right Picture: OEM battery in charger (amber/green light)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	041006_12431 copy.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	2556   Click image for larger version

Name:	041006_12441 copy.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	2557  

Last edited by wangta01; 04-10-2006 at 05:18 PM..
Old 04-10-2006, 12:56 PM   #67
Wiseass

Model: 9850
PIN: k Floyd \m/ ROCK!
Carrier: VZW

just an observation I did:

I achieved roughly 53 hours without charge on the extended battery.

I charged the battery last tues/wed night, unplugged it wed morning at 6am, didn't plug it in until it literally died on me on Friday. I use it pretty much all day at work as a phone and for email 9 - 5, bb messenter during those times as well as when I'm at home, as well as I left the bluetooth radio on the entire time. I used the bluetooth roughly 4 hours of that total 53 however I did leave the radio on to see what sort of drain. I have my lcd maxxed at 100 and sleep time for when it's out of holster is at 1 min.

Results may not be typical, your mileage may vary from what I got.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:56 AM   #68
wangta01

Model: 8900

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcg
Yes it is compatible
Can you show me a pic of the extended battery working with this charger? Please see my post above.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:03 AM   #69
chrisnol
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: ATT

I received the extended battery last week and charged it yesterday. It was at about 25% out of the package. I charged it in the 8700 via the USB cable connected to my computer (which had Desktop manager installed-- which I believe is usually needed to properly charge). It charged to 100% in about 4 to 4 1/2 hours.

I am a fairly light user. I'll post a report on how long it lasts. BTW, I believe batteries charge faster using a USB cable connected to a computer with the Desktop Mgr drivers installed than they do with the standard wall charger. I am not sure, but I thought a saw a post or two to that effect sometime ago.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:14 PM   #70
mok7100
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Tour
Carrier: VZW
Unhappy Extended Batter w/Desktop cradle?

(BTW: I'm getting about 4-5 days w/out charge on my new extended battery with a ton of email and SMS and a minimal amount of talking )

Ok, so I love the extended battery, but now my 8700c won't fit into my standard desktop cradle (not the sycning one- just the plain RIM desktop cradle). I need a desktop stand for this thing w/the extended battery installed- any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-Marc

"Give me a #5 XB and I can fly you to the moon"
Old 04-24-2006, 06:59 PM   #71
amassere
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: Rogers

anyone has one to sell?
i live in canada..and i cant get me a dark blue extended batter delivered to me!!!
Old 04-24-2006, 10:58 PM   #72
amassere
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: Rogers

no one? im looking for the extended battery with dark blue case...i dont care if you guys want to make a profit out of it.just give me a price..and ill buy it!!!
Old 04-27-2006, 01:39 PM   #73
rcg
Platinum Sponsor

Well in about two weeks you can order direct from us... assuming we still have some. In the mean time maybe someone here can buy one and send it to you.

Old 04-28-2006, 08:58 PM   #74
EricaJ1074
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7105t

Quote:
Ok, here is my summary of the extended battery:

Fully charged the extended battery Thursday night and unplugged on Friday morning at 9 AM. Decided not to recharge the battery to see how long it would last. Its now noon on Monday and I still have 15% battery remaining! Needless to say, I'm quite pleased with the battery life. I am an email/message addict and constantly am checking email, etc. I even used verichat for half the time! However, I did have bluetooth off (except for a 30 minute conversation), so this may have perserved some battery life. I consider myself a heavy power consuming user (+1000 text messages a month, corporate/personal email, internet browser, verichat, bluetooth) so I'm very impressed with the extended battery power life!

On the bad side, i found this battery is NOT compatible with the plug-in battery charge (http://www.shopblackberry.com/_black...8C66PHRLTDADD6). I did check the contacts, fit, etc - the battery fits in the charger perfectly, but the RED light comes on instead of the usual charge color (amber/green). I saw RCG's post stating that it is compatible, but mine does not seem to work (only rechargable via phone charging).

Left Picture: Extended battery in battery charger (red light)
Right Picture: OEM battery in charger (amber/green light)

You just answered a question I was about to ask. I also have an external charger from my 7100t. I was hopig I wouldn't have to buy another charger for the new battery. Thanks.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:38 PM   #75
wingdo

Model: 8220
Carrier: T-Mo

Any idea when you'll have the battery / door combo for the 8700g?
Old 04-28-2006, 11:43 PM   #76
BBmertz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
I use the external charger with the extended battery and have not experienced any problems. I too am a big fan of the extended battery, getting about 4 days of heavy email/browser/bluetooth use before needing to recharge the battery.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:09 PM   #77
selwynator

Model: 8700C
Carrier: Cingular

No question in my mind...the extended battery is the way to go. I get about 4 days worth of heavy use (auto shut off for 8 hours each night). The extra size and weight actually feels good in the hand and allows for better grip.
Old 04-30-2006, 02:13 PM   #78
utilso245

Default Good news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardd
I bought the battery and 8700c door from SPD (excellent service!). It fits perfectly and works well, easily doubling the time. While the battery is fatter I can still fit my phone into my Sena case (although it does offset the screen by less than 1mm). It's a good deal all around if you rely on your BB.
Considering this extended battery fits the Sena case, which dare I say it most of us 8700 users have, this seems like a very good bargain looking at the benefits. 1 mm offset is no biggie, as so long as the "in-holster" function isn't adversely affected.
Old 04-30-2006, 02:44 PM   #79
gadgetjunkies

Model: 8820
PIN: Depends which BB I am using

Just placed my order with SPD.
Closed Thread