Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 11:27 AM   #1
mic_crispy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T
Default 8310 and Google Maps problem

Please Login to Remove!

Okay ive got an odd issue here... when i fire up my gf's blackberry 8310 with google maps, it will pull up a map for whatever screen youre looking at, but the second it grabs a GPS signal, it stops receiving data for the maps, and times out. So say i drive a mile north, its still grabbing my location, but instead of a map i see the little loading icons, but it never loads and eventually times out. and gives me some error about not being able to receive data packets etc.

She DOESNT have the blackberry package, but on the new curves you dont need it to access media net, MMS etc...

and just to make sure i put my simcard in there (that has the blackberry package) and it did the exact same thing..

Anyone else have this problem?
Old 04-12-2008, 02:06 PM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

You need the BB dataplan for either BBMaps or GoogelMaps to work. Not sure what the problem is with using your SIM, unless it is also tied to the PIN

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Closed Thread