Old 12-09-2005, 01:22 PM   #61
tomryan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barjohn
And those of you talking or thinking about law suits obviously don't know what one entails. $6K would be just starters to get someone to take the case and it would keep going from there. Then taking into account that this is a contract issue you are only entitled to actual cash damages, i.e. what you paid for the unit. Start a class action you say? Well you will make the lawyes rich since now we are talking about $60K+ to start and guess what you will get, yes you guessed it $300.
I think your context is wrong.. They were talking about articles of clothing (at least a couple of posts above yours..
Old 12-09-2005, 02:00 PM   #62
jnelson2000
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000

Don't feel bad, folks. My few dust particles are trivial compared to the 2 moisture drops that are now lodged just to the left of the center key. Well, if it dries that way now I have to put up with a water mark shadowing down on the LCD.

Quite annoying.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:05 PM   #63
wangta01

Model: 8900

Just placed my order - praying for a dust free environment.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:52 PM   #64
rbsti
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700c

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnelson2000
Don't feel bad, folks. My few dust particles are trivial compared to the 2 moisture drops that are now lodged just to the left of the center key. Well, if it dries that way now I have to put up with a water mark shadowing down on the LCD.

Quite annoying.
Whch is exactly the point Ive been making since I started this thread, dust today, water tomorrow, cingular telling you to screw off the next day and finally paperweight the day after that.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:17 PM   #65
jnelson2000

Quote:

Quite annoying.
Well, I broke down and removed the case to dust out the LCD and plastic cover and wipe down the screens. All is well.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:23 PM   #66
jnelson2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbsti
Whch is exactly the point Ive been making since I started this thread, dust today, water tomorrow, cingular telling you to screw off the next day and finally paperweight the day after that.
Cingular nor RIM will ever tell you to "screw off". My opinion is that both companies have been exteremely responsive to roll out issues and device malfunctions. It may take a few months to work itself out, but neither company will stick you with a paperweight. If there is a fix and you have an issue and complain, most likely they will replace the device with a fixed version.

I do know for a fact that RIM is investigating this issue, as well as other anomolies. Keep your pants up and please be patient. Things will work itself out in the long term.

Let's just leave this as the last posting for this thread. Lets look at the positives and focus on functionality issues and bugs. Since both companies know about the complaints, it really is a mute point. They will fix it. Just give them some time.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:41 AM   #67
rbsti

Quote:
Cingular nor RIM will ever tell you to "screw off". My opinion is that both companies have been exteremely responsive to roll out issues and device malfunctions. It may take a few months to work itself out, but neither company will stick you with a paperweight. If there is a fix and you have an issue and complain, most likely they will replace the device with a fixed version.

I do know for a fact that RIM is investigating this issue, as well as other anomolies. Keep your pants up and please be patient. Things will work itself out in the long term.

Let's just leave this as the last posting for this thread. Lets look at the positives and focus on functionality issues and bugs. Since both companies know about the complaints, it really is a mute point. They will fix it. Just give them some time.
First off your not a moderator so its a little presumptuous for you to declare a thread closed. It' pretty obvious you have some sort of vested interest in blackberry or cingular or both, wheather you are a stockholder or employee I'm not really sure. As far as this being a mute point that remains to be seen, l'm waiting for a local store to get a replacement phone in, but they insist on determining if the dust in the phone warrants the exchange even though they have been instructed by cingular to take it. And I am aware that that phone will more then likley get dust also, but I want make sure that there is a record of returns so that they really will fix this problem.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:49 AM   #68
rbsti

Oh and by the way as far as cingular not telling you to "screw off" the store I bought the phone from told not only me but warrantys and returns exactly that. They had to find another store that would consider the exchange based on what I said above. The poster who has now found moisture inside the phone will be totally out of luck on a return unless there is enough complaining about this to make it a matter of record with cingular customer service.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:17 AM   #69
barjohn
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8700

I happen to know that Jnelson2000 is neither of the things you accuse him of. He was just trying to provide you with information. Perhaps your attitude had something to do woth the way you were treated.

For more information see barJohn Reviews It
Active PIN 203A5535
Old 12-10-2005, 09:43 AM   #70
rbsti

I guess this is the part where the "insiders" on this site decide enough is enough, fine I'll leave so the cheerleaders dont get upset. And as far as my attitude, I make no claims to be Ghandi you werent the one on the phone with cingular cs, blackberry then back to cingular for over 2 hours. If my anger seems palpable its becuase it is.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:56 AM   #71
barjohn
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8700

You are entitled to be angry, just don't take it out on the people that try to help. Cingular is a huge company and they clearly don't have their act together. We are all aware of that. The important thing is that they want to help and are working to fix things. THis doesn't always happen in the time frame we would all like, me included. I still don't have service at my home. Does this make me happy? I don't think so. I have called in twice and still no service. I can only presume it is related to rolling out the new hardware/software and somewhere they hit a glitch. Having rolled out systems myself, I know this can happen. I'll just live with it a little longer.

For more information see barJohn Reviews It
Active PIN 203A5535
Old 12-10-2005, 11:24 AM   #72
delmarco

Model: 9790
Carrier: T-Mobile

Ha,
this is what happens when you guys jump on the newest commercial treats tossed your way.
I feel your pain and If I paid $400 for a cellphone/pda I don't expect issues with dust when a $20 cellphone do not have dust issues.

It's like that 2006 $80,000 Range having a tailpipe falling out on the highway as a $200 1982 Civic goes right on by. And the civic driver is laughing at you boygenius. That is how it feels when you spend top money for something and you do not get top quality. It's not about the dust...but its the principle of consumer/manufacturer and seller trust.

The samething happened to me when I jumped on the grey T-mobile 7290s the day they hit the stores and I had severe problems with software crashes and BB not working. And you are damn sure T-mobile had to replace my device or I was raising further hell. In this respect T-mobile is a great company when it comes to owning up to the faults of their handsets and replacing handsets. I guess CIngular just want to take you money and play monkey in the middle with their customers who try to resolve hardware/software issues and/or get their money back.

Anyway the important lesson here is having patience!

And NOT dropping your paycheck to get stuff the day it hits the store.
I'm gonna stay with my 7290 for now and wait until my birthday in March to get the 8700. By then it should be flawless if it is not I'll get the Treo 700w or the HP 6515 or get an old school nokia 8890!

Also as a customer you have rights to argue for quality and proper service from the person you buy your stuff from. I work at a Law Firm and I handle lots of customer claims cases.

Usually 95% of the time the customer wins the suit and gets reparations, refunds and/or new product coupons. Of course my fees is more than the damn 8700c. ha ha ha

So fight for what you believe in...even if it's as trivial as dust!

Lastly, don't let boygenius or anyone else make you feel stupid for that.

ha ha ha ha...
funny topic BTW!

Last edited by delmarco; 12-10-2005 at 11:32 AM..
Old 12-10-2005, 11:40 AM   #73
delmarco

Model: 9790
Carrier: T-Mobile

BTW I drive a BMW 3 series and I do go right back the BMW of Manhattan Dealership for every simple thing that goes wrong or doesn't feel right. Once when I thought my car was alittle woobly at high speeds, the BMW service guys were like
"Dude, your tires only needed air".

Of course I looked at them like it was their fault and asked them,
"Well, why is air leaking out the tire to begin with?"

(Turns out it's normal for tires to loose pressure temporarily when you go from warm to cold temperatures.)

But I made sure they removed and checked all tires for micro leaks and would have had them replace all the tires and rims if it would have made me feel safer.

Of course I'm not that crazy...but it's the principle of it.

I spend alot of extra money for a better car, so I expect better service and quality. It's that simple...

has nothing to do with dust under the seats...
BTW.

Last edited by delmarco; 12-10-2005 at 11:44 AM..
Old 12-10-2005, 01:43 PM   #74
Boy Genius
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: FFFFFFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarco
Ha,
this is what happens when you guys jump on the newest commercial treats tossed your way.
I feel your pain and If I paid $400 for a cellphone/pda I don't expect issues with dust when a $20 cellphone do not have dust issues.

It's like that 2006 $80,000 Range having a tailpipe falling out on the highway as a $200 1982 Civic goes right on by. And the civic driver is laughing at you boygenius. That is how it feels when you spend top money for something and you do not get top quality. It's not about the dust...but its the principle of consumer/manufacturer and seller trust.

The samething happened to me when I jumped on the grey T-mobile 7290s the day they hit the stores and I had severe problems with software crashes and BB not working. And you are damn sure T-mobile had to replace my device or I was raising further hell. In this respect T-mobile is a great company when it comes to owning up to the faults of their handsets and replacing handsets. I guess CIngular just want to take you money and play monkey in the middle with their customers who try to resolve hardware/software issues and/or get their money back.

Anyway the important lesson here is having patience!

And NOT dropping your paycheck to get stuff the day it hits the store.
I'm gonna stay with my 7290 for now and wait until my birthday in March to get the 8700. By then it should be flawless if it is not I'll get the Treo 700w or the HP 6515 or get an old school nokia 8890!

Also as a customer you have rights to argue for quality and proper service from the person you buy your stuff from. I work at a Law Firm and I handle lots of customer claims cases.

Usually 95% of the time the customer wins the suit and gets reparations, refunds and/or new product coupons. Of course my fees is more than the damn 8700c. ha ha ha

So fight for what you believe in...even if it's as trivial as dust!

Lastly, don't let boygenius or anyone else make you feel stupid for that.

ha ha ha ha...
funny topic BTW!

Wow, lot of angst in your post...Well lets see, nothing is wrong with the Range because the quality of production is great I was merely demonstrating a point. Second of all if you ever buy high-class products you would know most of the time everything is perfect. Bentley, Rolls-Royce to Vertu to Audemars, IWC, Patek to G5 Jets...Because of the demand of the client buying these products. I highly doubt anyone laughs at me my dude, cuz when I come thru, I shut the place down. RIM has been ontop of every production issue and by far has been the best product/company I have ever purchased or dealt with. I have never seen a cell phone or device that could go through so much. In regards to the dust problem, GET OVER IT. For god sakes buy a $20 Motorola then, and shut up. Obviously they are ontop of the issue at hand. For anyone to keep switching devices and returning doesn't help. Just deal with it, or go back to a 7290, stop complaining. It's $400, if that is too much money to deal with then don't buy the product. Get a treo650 for more than $400 and you will deal with constant reboots, software issues, etc. It's like do you want a product that is solid and works, or something that might not have DUST in it, but is unusable. You decide...Coffee talk. Discuss. By the way, ahve fun in that 1982 Civic

The Boy Genius Report
Old 12-10-2005, 01:54 PM   #75
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

I am closing this thread because it serves no purpose and has gotten personal and nasty.
Closed Thread