Old 05-01-2006, 06:11 PM   #41
allenranger2
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700g
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapaj
I had the same problem, but even worse. Ordered BB on 4/23 and was told it was in stock, received the MDA on 4/25!!! The incompetent rep couldn't even order the right phone. So I had to send it back (at my own expense, reimbursed later) before they would even order the correct phone. I complained enough to where they finally sent out right phone before I sent back the MDA. So the second order was placed 4/25. Never shipped, I called back 3 times and finally a rep was able to tell me the 7 additional days out of stock BS. Today's 5/1 and I'm still waiting for my 8700g.
For orders placed on 4/25, such as yours and mine, we are to expect them between May 9th and 15th according to 2 reps.

BB 8700g & 9000 Bold AT&T
Old 05-01-2006, 06:57 PM   #42
efbatey

Took me about 5 days to find a store which actually had 8700g IN STOCK. Was 10 days ago. Price OKAY. Service (on the radio) once 8700 replaced 7105t was nearly as good as with Cing/ATT in Oxnard 93030. Phone cooperation and attitude was what sent me away from ATT/CINGULAR. Rotten, so far much better here at T-Mobile.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:34 AM   #43
arubba

Carrier: T-Mobile
Default 8700 upgrade price ??

I have 2 7100's on my t-mobile plan and want to upgrade to the new 8700.
I have read several entries that indicate an upgrade to the new 8700 cost only $199.00. The upgrade online is $299.00 after rebates... How were you able to get the $199.00 price..??
Old 05-02-2006, 02:15 PM   #44
hariswaminathan

Carrier: Tmobile

called customer care and ordered my phone on April 27th.
I was told 3 business days for UPS and they did not mention any backlog. I also negotiated price down to $150. Now its tuesday 2nd and there is no tracking on the UPS website. I called them and now i get the response that it will be 7 days or so as there is a backlog.
I also told the rep that Tmo is in the habit of lying to people or not disclosing the truth and i mentioned to them about the fact that people on this forum had ordered the phone before me and they were told about the backorder scenario so why wasnt i informed. Her response was "you should not believe what you read on the internet". Man I was pissed !

I think its time we ganged up on them - we should all get on a conference call and call into the customer care together - lets see how they can claim that all of us are liars.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:35 PM   #45
allenranger2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariswaminathan
I was told 3 business days for UPS and they did not mention any backlog. I also negotiated price down to $150. Now its tuesday 2nd and there is no tracking on the UPS website. I called them and now i get the response that it will be 7 days or so as there is a backlog.
I also told the rep that Tmo is in the habit of lying to people or not disclosing the truth and i mentioned to them about the fact that people on this forum had ordered the phone before me and they were told about the backorder scenario so why wasnt i informed. Her response was "you should not believe what you read on the internet". Man I was pissed !

I think its time we ganged up on them - we should all get on a conference call and call into the customer care together - lets see how they can claim that all of us are liars.
I am so ready for that!

Old 05-02-2006, 02:52 PM   #46
utopian

Carrier: T Mobile/Sprint

Quote:
"you should not believe what you read on the internet".
that's hilarious, I wish we were all lying, it would mean I'd have a shiny new 8700g in my hand right now. I'm just going to assume that the CSR's are pretty much in the dark on the fullfillment of orders, and you will hear a different story each time you call.

I just hope it gets here before my vacation on may 28th!
Old 05-02-2006, 03:42 PM   #47
Radio Flyer
Thumbs Must Hurt

I just heard from another BBF user who ordered their 8700g on Monday the 24th and received it yesterday...

Is there hope for the rest of us? Can I stop checking UPS for tracking info soon?
Old 05-02-2006, 05:04 PM   #48
chapaj
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:

Oh, I wasn't notified of the backlog until almost a week after I ordered it.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:05 PM   #49
chapaj

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopian
that's hilarious, I wish we were all lying, it would mean I'd have a shiny new 8700g in my hand right now. I'm just going to assume that the CSR's are pretty much in the dark on the fullfillment of orders, and you will hear a different story each time you call.

I just hope it gets here before my vacation on may 28th!
I hope mine arrives before my trip to Vegas on May 17.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:07 PM   #50
NawlinsBlackberry

Default Blackberry Arrived From T-Mobile

For those of you who were told there was a wait for the Blackberry (like I was told), it looks like they may have solved whatever problem they may have been having with backorders because mine arrived today. Initially, they had told me it would be prior to May 12 and that they were behind, so I had assumed it would be closer to the May date. Just wanted to give an update. . . for others who were waiting. I'm headed to church now and afterwards, I will be playing with my new toy.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:50 AM   #51
hariswaminathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NawlinsBlackberry
For those of you who were told there was a wait for the Blackberry (like I was told), it looks like they may have solved whatever problem they may have been having with backorders because mine arrived today. Initially, they had told me it would be prior to May 12 and that they were behind, so I had assumed it would be closer to the May date. Just wanted to give an update. . . for others who were waiting. I'm headed to church now and afterwards, I will be playing with my new toy.
When did you order your phone and were you able to track the package on UPS website using reference ?
Old 05-04-2006, 04:35 AM   #52
allenranger2

I ordered my phone on April 25th and received it yesterday (Wednesday). So it shipped in 7 days exactly, and I received it on the 8th day. Feel free to send a BB Messenger message if you'd like to chat. Good luck to all the others who have yet to receive their units.

Old 05-04-2006, 05:43 AM   #53
hariswaminathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenranger2
I ordered my phone on April 25th and received it yesterday (Wednesday). So it shipped in 7 days exactly, and I received it on the 8th day. Feel free to send a BB Messenger message if you'd like to chat. Good luck to all the others who have yet to receive their units.
were you able to track your package on UPS ? I'm trying to determine whether UPS tracking is irrelevant.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:39 AM   #54
NawlinsBlackberry

Default Tracking on UPS

Initially tracking on the UPS site did not work - however another poster alerted me to the fact that information on the site was showing up. I ordered a week ago and checked UPS tracking everyday but info. Did not show up until Tuesday.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:07 PM   #55
utopian

Carrier: T Mobile/Sprint

for those that have gotten their 8700, or have checked their ups tracking, where is it shipped from?

(yes I'm anxious and want to know everything I can)
Old 05-04-2006, 04:06 PM   #56
Radio Flyer
Thumbs Must Hurt

I was told by T-Mobile that all units ship from a warehouse in Georgia. Of course my UPS tracking shows that it came from Horsham, PA (outside of Philadelphia).

It's killing me now... the package arrived in town last night (5:04pm) but it is still sitting in the UPS warehouse because it is not supposed to be delivered until tomorrow! They won't even let me go pick it up!

ARGH!
Old 05-04-2006, 04:35 PM   #57
allenranger2

Quote:
were you able to track your package on UPS ? I'm trying to determine whether UPS tracking is irrelevant.
Once the package went out, I was able to track it via UPS's reference page. Put in your 10-digit phone number with the dashes, and your zip code. Check the box at the bottom, and Track!

As far as I know, EVERY T-Mo phone that I've ordered through them is shipped out of PA. My 8700g actually said that it started out in Philadelphia. I wonder whether that had anything to do with the backorder..

Old 05-04-2006, 05:42 PM   #58
billy hutchison

I'm really surprised at how people seem to be feeling about T-Mo. I have been incredibly impressed with the quality of service, not just over the phone but from the local store as well. It's one of the main reasons I fired Cingular - and I found a distinct LACK of professionalism and product knowledge in the Cingular stores. Maybe I'm just lucky in this part of Dallas.

That said, I have a friend at T-Mo corporate, and I suggested to her that she read this thread and at least get some attention on this. I'll post any results.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:49 PM   #59
Radio Flyer
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy hutchison
I'm really surprised at how people seem to be feeling about T-Mo. I have been incredibly impressed with the quality of service, not just over the phone but from the local store as well. It's one of the main reasons I fired Cingular - and I found a distinct LACK of professionalism and product knowledge in the Cingular stores. Maybe I'm just lucky in this part of Dallas.

That said, I have a friend at T-Mo corporate, and I suggested to her that she read this thread and at least get some attention on this. I'll post any results.
Unfortunately my service experience with T-Mobile (past issues, not just the upgrade shipping) has been pretty poor. Luckily I haven't had too many issues (just that those I have had have been poorly handled) so the low cost has kept me as a customer.

By the way, I used to have Nextel and after five years of great service from them they really tailed off two years ago and that's when I switched to T-Mobile.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:13 PM   #60
thechad

Model: 8700
Default Still Delayed

Just spoke to a T-Mo rep and he said that there was an added 7day shipping notice on top of the normal shipping. That Sucks I ordered mine yesterday and paid for the extra 3 day express. I should ask them to credit my shipping.
Closed Thread