Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 11:20 AM   #61
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Could be any number of reasons. You haven't given enough information for anyone to know why. Please don't use such large font. If someone has an answer they will post.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:38 PM   #62
BFEINZIMER
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

haha sry john what info do u want..ill provide
Old 07-12-2007, 10:26 PM   #63
JRSCCivic98
No longer Registered.

Carrier: *

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRSCCivic98 View Post
Anyone notice a problem with the Media Player with this version? When I upgrade mine the Media Player wouldn't want to go to the next song about 99% of the time.
Well, Sprint finally posted up their version of this software release. Even though it was the same version I went ahead and tried it since it was packaged at a later day (by a few days) then Bell's was. After some minor testing it seems that I don't have the same Media Player problems with Sprint's version that I had with Bell's. Weird especially since it is the same software version, but it's possible the Media Player cod file is different. I'm not going to bother with comparing the two, I just know that it seems to work properly now. I guess I'll know more with further testing. BTW, TCP (place you can put your own APN info) is an option under Advanced Options now which wasn't the case with the .66 version from Verizon.

Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 07-12-2007 at 10:28 PM..
Old 07-13-2007, 07:58 PM   #64
BFEINZIMER

Quote:
Well, Sprint finally posted up their version of this software release. Even though it was the same version I went ahead and tried it since it was packaged at a later day (by a few days) then Bell's was. After some minor testing it seems that I don't have the same Media Player problems with Sprint's version that I had with Bell's. Weird especially since it is the same software version, but it's possible the Media Player cod file is different. I'm not going to bother with comparing the two, I just know that it seems to work properly now. I guess I'll know more with further testing. BTW, TCP (place you can put your own APN info) is an option under Advanced Options now which wasn't the case with the .66 version from Verizon.

what was the bug?

and what is the advantage of the APN setting?
Old 07-13-2007, 10:33 PM   #65
JRSCCivic98
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFEINZIMER View Post
what was the bug?
Read post #43.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:25 PM   #66
JRSCCivic98
No longer Registered.

I take it back. Even in Sprint's release of this version the Media Player is still borked. Sometimes it'll go to the next song, sometimes it won't. RIM, if you're reading this... your testers are idiots and if you're paying them for this sort of testing, then you seriously need to think about hiring me instead. I've already found tons of bugs in the 8830's... read my thread on the Crackberry forums. Fraking loosers at RIM!
Old 07-14-2007, 04:48 PM   #67
BFEINZIMER

so is there an use in "upgrading" from the bell to the sprint software?
Old 07-14-2007, 05:16 PM   #68
midknight
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Bell Mobility

Quote:
I take it back. Even in Sprint's release of this version the Media Player is still borked. Sometimes it'll go to the next song, sometimes it won't. RIM, if you're reading this... your testers are idiots and if you're paying them for this sort of testing, then you seriously need to think about hiring me instead. I've already found tons of bugs in the 8830's... read my thread on the Crackberry forums. Fraking loosers at RIM!
so does anybody else have this problem? or have the "Fraking loosers at RIM" just decided to screw with civicnation?
Old 07-14-2007, 08:38 PM   #69
JRSCCivic98
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFEINZIMER View Post
so is there an use in "upgrading" from the bell to the sprint software?
Aside for a slight font difference there are none. It's pretty much the same thing.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:48 PM   #70
chad@ic-2000.com

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular
Default bluetooth voicedial problem not fixed

I've had this release (from some non US carrier) installed for about two weeks and the bluetooth voice dial worked fine. Then, the other day, it hung up at initializing and is stuck. Its actually worse now because turning the headset on and off isn't helping. I'll re pair it tomorrow which will probably address it.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:51 PM   #71
AuroraProject
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: AT&T

Oops, wrong thread.

Last edited by AuroraProject; 07-16-2007 at 11:11 PM..
Old 07-23-2007, 10:43 AM   #72
BrooklynzFinest
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmwong View Post
Will this work for GSM 8800?
Has anyone successfully installed this OS on an 8800.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:45 AM   #73
woodi68
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: 3049E01C

It will not. CDMA and GSM versions of all OS are very different and can kill your device (not perminent, but enought to freak you out).
Old 07-23-2007, 11:32 AM   #74
EmptyInTheHead

Quote:
After running on this software since the day it first came out, I have finally experience the dreaded "won't go to the next song problem" too. I use the media player for at least 2 hours every day. In the last week it has just stopped at the end of a song and not played the next song. Press 'N' to go to the next song always works. This has happened about 5 times. I'm wondering if it has something to do with receiving messages? Each time I noticed that I had received a message while it was playing. Or, I could be over analyzing, who knows? This is still a big improvement over the .66 version because media player would error EVERY time I received a message and then skip to next song, even if it was paused.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:47 AM   #75
BrooklynzFinest
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodi68 View Post
It will not. CDMA and GSM versions of all OS are very different and can kill your device (not perminent, but enought to freak you out).
I am aware of the radio code being different. In the past I have upgraded an 8700 using 8707 by replacing the java folder.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:54 PM   #76
JRSCCivic98
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyInTheHead View Post
After running on this software since the day it first came out, I have finally experience the dreaded "won't go to the next song problem" too. I use the media player for at least 2 hours every day. In the last week it has just stopped at the end of a song and not played the next song. Press 'N' to go to the next song always works. This has happened about 5 times. I'm wondering if it has something to do with receiving messages? Each time I noticed that I had received a message while it was playing. Or, I could be over analyzing, who knows? This is still a big improvement over the .66 version because media player would error EVERY time I received a message and then skip to next song, even if it was paused.
Has nothing to do with receiving anything. I get this all the time and no calls or email/sms comes in when it does it. It's a coding error in the Media Player portion that causes a pause at the end of each song as it switches to the next. The MP adds a couple of seconds to the end of each song as a pause before it plays the next one... this is where the problem stems from.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:29 PM   #77
BrooklynzFinest
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynzFinest View Post
I am aware of the radio code being different. In the past I have upgraded an 8700 using 8707 by replacing the java folder.
I have tried replacing the Java folder in the 8800 OS with the java folder from the 8830 OS and am now getting App Error 200. This procedure worked previously when using 8707 OS to upgrade an 8700. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 08-08-2007, 11:53 AM   #78
dansaia

Cool Blackberry Verizon 8830 Upgrade to 4.2.2.123

I did this software upgrade and it is working fine. I used the Bell upgrade. Before this I was having the same issue as many of you and not able to hear Stereo music through Bluetooth...but now it is working great. I have tried different headsets and stereo computer speakers and all work great. Follow the directions above for installation and you should be good to go.

By the way thanks for all the help in this forum.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:38 PM   #79
zebo51
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
PIN: TAIL ON DONKEY

Verizon now has an updated firmware release that includes a fix for the stereo BT headset. Posted at the top of the forum as a sticky.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:46 PM   #80
Golfer219

Model: 8300
Default OS Freezes when making a call at the same time a call comes in

Hello All - This is my first post on this site, but I was looking for a bit of information. I had gotten the 8830 for work at the beginning of June and love it. However, soon after I got it, I noticed that anytime I was making a call, and someone tried calling me at the same time, the phone feature freezes (happens very often when a call is dropped and both try to call one another back). When this happens, the phone still works, but you can not make or receive a call. You can only pull up your call log. I spoke with TechSupport at one of the Verizon sites and they were aware of the problem, but were waiting for an update from BB. Does this new update fix that problem, or has anyone else run into this problem? Thanks for the help!
Closed Thread