Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 03:20 PM   #1
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: ?
Carrier: Nextel
Default New nextel/blackberry?

Please Login to Remove!

I come here to read up on any new releases on a PTT nextel blackberry and every thread is closed . I thought the idea was to have one common thread to discuss any new options for a PTT nextel iden Blackberry? If someone is speculating to much ban them not closing the thread so no one else can comment.
Old 12-10-2006, 03:57 PM   #2
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

There is no speculation.
There are no rumors. Not even in a Rumor Mill thread.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:59 PM   #3
southwestcomm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Many
Carrier: Sprint

No point in a "rumor" or "speculation" - no new iDEN BB's are planned.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:47 PM   #4
cherry.berry21

Model: 7100i

nope cuz they suck. they have some kinda hybrid phone with sprint tho
Old 12-12-2006, 07:41 PM   #5
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry.berry21
nope cuz they suck. they have some kinda hybrid phone with sprint tho
geez you are full of piss and vinegar arent you if you dont have anything to add to the thread why not move on if you hate them so bad just dont use one its a free country
Old 12-12-2006, 09:01 PM   #6
secrecyguy

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

As far as I know, there will be very limited on new phones for Nextel. Sprint is planning to get rid of the Nextel technology and use Sprint technology.

The only other thing I have heard is they going to make a hybrid phone to use Sprint and Nextel technology.

I believe they doing that so that people will eventually will end up using Sprint technology when they start to get rid of Nextel technology.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:08 PM   #7
Fungineer
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

Wouldn't they just create a CDMA phone with a software PTT like the Cingy Pearl? I doubt RIM will be making a CDMA/iDEN hybrid device.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:22 PM   #8
camaxtli
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9780
PIN: a colada
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by secrecyguy
As far as I know, there will be very limited on new phones for Nextel. Sprint is planning to get rid of the Nextel technology and use Sprint technology.

The only other thing I have heard is they going to make a hybrid phone to use Sprint and Nextel technology.

I believe they doing that so that people will eventually will end up using Sprint technology when they start to get rid of Nextel technology.
Hmm. You may be correct on this one as I spoke with nextel and I asked about the hybrids and was told some motorola phones are already out in select markets and they use idens ptt and sprints voice for high speed internet.....but I thought sprint had "ready-link" why use iden if they are going to chunk it????
Old 12-12-2006, 10:41 PM   #9
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaxtli
Hmm. You may be correct on this one as I spoke with nextel and I asked about the hybrids and was told some motorola phones are already out in select markets and they use idens ptt and sprints voice for high speed internet.....but I thought sprint had "ready-link" why use iden if they are going to chunk it????
They are going to end up getting rid of both iDEN and the Ready Link system (which is VoIP based and uses the old 1xRTT network).

Eventually, there will be a system in place on the network called QChat. It is from Qualcomm (the makers of CDMA), and is a VoIP PTT network that will work on the EVDO Rev. A network. It's advantage over Ready Link is that customers with QChat phones will be able talk to customers on the iDEN network. If it is all it is cracked up to be, the latency should be as good as iDEN, and customers will be encouraged (read: forced) to switch to that system.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:53 PM   #10
camaxtli
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9780
PIN: a colada
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc/dc
They are going to end up getting rid of both iDEN and the Ready Link system (which is VoIP based and uses the old 1xRTT network).

Eventually, there will be a system in place on the network called QChat. It is from Qualcomm (the makers of CDMA), and is a VoIP PTT network that will work on the EVDO Rev. A network. It's advantage over Ready Link is that customers with QChat phones will be able talk to customers on the iDEN network. If it is all it is cracked up to be, the latency should be as good as iDEN, and customers will be encouraged (read: forced) to switch to that system.
Thanks for clearing that one up for me.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:01 PM   #11
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fungineer
Wouldn't they just create a CDMA phone with a software PTT like the Cingy Pearl? I doubt RIM will be making a CDMA/iDEN hybrid device.
I was kind of thinking the same thing. I now alot of government employees who are on nextel and BB have to have somthing to switch to in order to keep the nextel 2-way. I want to switch to a Treo or BB on sprint or verizon but I have 150 people on 2-way I am stuck with nextel for now and use about 1,000 2-way mins a month what will I be able to change to after the 7100 dates?
Old 01-04-2007, 11:40 AM   #12
airboatusa

Model: 8703
Default Facts

Blackberry 8703 is super!
Nextel Two Way is super
Nextel needed frequencies and high speed Internet
Sprint needed towers and two way
Put it together and you have the best system in the country.... Once they put it together... in the mean time, it's called Hybrid...

Hybrid is a great service.... roam on Sprint or Verizon for the phone "Voice" and use the walkie talkie for two way on the nextel tower system for now... remember, once they put it together totally, walkie talkie and cdma coverage will be on the total system with the ability to roam on voice between cdma networks. There is no roaming agreements on data at this time, but I'm told they are working on a data roaming agreement...

Long story short... there is already a Blackberry Nextel with two way radio... all they need to do is upgrade the phone to an 8700 platform and recode the frequencies..., NOW THAT IS THE PHONE I HOPE TO SEE IN THE NEXT NINETY DAYS...., then, I can scrap the Nextel and the bare 8703 that is with Sprint and only have to have one phone!

Wish list.... Dear Blackberry, Please make a large and small 8703.... I will use the large as a basic laptop that browses the Internet, email, and whatever... with a Samsung Q1 type of size and platform... keep the little guy for going to dinner and sitting around... the big one for 70% of the time.... my thumbs are getting short!

God Bless all and Happy New Year,

Gary "Gator" Matthews at Airboatusa dot com
Old 01-04-2007, 12:25 PM   #13
Jack T. Chance
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Priv
Exclamation

^ Yegods, talk about your run-on sentences! Someone needs to go back to grammar class and stay there until they get straight As!

Anyway, mods & admins, I know how you guys (& possibly gals) hate having multiple threads on the same topic. Is there any way you can merge this thread in with the other thread on the same topic?

I mean, at the time of this posting, it's only 2 topics down from this one in the forum list! Frankly, I can't figure out why the grammatically-challenged poster above dug back to find this thread instead of just posting on the other one.

Anyway... welcome to the forums, airboatusa. Enjoy your stay!

Now, about those run-on sentences...
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Grammar Teacher
C-
Needs improvement!
Too many run-ons!

Don't steal other people's avatars! Make your own! >=(

Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 01-04-2007 at 12:38 PM..
Old 01-05-2007, 09:21 AM   #14
stonent

Model: 8220
PIN: FFFFFFFF

Well considering the two north american iDEN carriers also run CDMA, a hybrid phone sounds good. A CDMA/IDEN/EVDO phone would be great, though it might be huge.

Also as part of Motorola's specification, an iDEN device has to have an external antenna since the frequencies are so low. (800MHz range) That's also why you frequently see Verizon phones with stubs or extendable antennas. Verizon is an 850MHz carrier.

Prior: BES: 7510, 7520, 7290, 7230, 7130, 8220 (No Data Plan), Droid Eris
Post your question on the forum, don't PM me.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:20 PM   #15
typeshprelude98
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e

Powersource BB is rumored to be in the works....it will not use iDEN tower coverage though...it will use the soon to be broadly released EVDO REV-A with VOIP...
Old 01-31-2007, 04:39 PM   #16
southwestcomm

Have anything to validate this?
Old 02-02-2007, 12:57 PM   #17
typeshprelude98
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e

I cannot validate rumors....All I can say is that our BB rep(we are a 3rd party sprint dealer) told us of some projects they are working on...but nothing was certain...
Old 02-02-2007, 01:39 PM   #18
southwestcomm

"Powersouce" refers to iDEN/CDMA cross platform devices. Per your original Email you stated the device would not use iDEN. There will be Rev A devices that support the CDMA QChat PTT solution but that is not "Powersource".
Old 02-04-2007, 12:08 PM   #19
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeshprelude98
Powersource BB is rumored to be in the works....it will not use iDEN tower coverage though...it will use the soon to be broadly released EVDO REV-A with VOIP...
that is so strange, the sprint rep on the phone this week told me if I buy a treo it will have push to talk ability with VOIP as a new fourm of two way.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:20 AM   #20
southwestcomm

Theoretically Treo devices can support QChat - Sprint's next generation PTT product for CDMA. It won't be released until EVDO Rev A is deployed across the majority of Sprint's network. None of the current Treo's are Rev A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritan
that is so strange, the sprint rep on the phone this week told me if I buy a treo it will have push to talk ability with VOIP as a new fourm of two way.
Closed Thread