Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 12:30 PM   #1
SMR
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon
Default Dumb Question about MMS messaging on 8830

Please Login to Remove!

I have searched unsuccessfully through the forum to determine how you can find out the identity of the sender of a MMS photo and any text message which accompanies the photo. I know that the 8830 can not receive MMS, and I can get to the vzwpix website and view the photograph after getting a text message from vzw that I received a photo. But, I can't tell who sent the message and, if they included any text, I can't see it anywhere. So, I sometimes get picture messages and have no idea who sent it to me if I can't figure it out from the picture itself. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:05 PM   #2
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

Model: 9650
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

I'd give a call to VZW tech support, they should be able to answer that fairly quickly, when I had my 8830 I wasn't a big MMS guy.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-13-2009, 09:52 AM   #3
rdrum

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default Notifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMR View Post
I have searched unsuccessfully through the forum to determine how you can find out the identity of the sender of a MMS photo and any text message which accompanies the photo. I know that the 8830 can not receive MMS, and I can get to the vzwpix website and view the photograph after getting a text message from vzw that I received a photo. But, I can't tell who sent the message and, if they included any text, I can't see it anywhere. So, I sometimes get picture messages and have no idea who sent it to me if I can't figure it out from the picture itself. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Like you, I occasionally receive an MMS from some one. You're right about not being able to necessairly tell who sent the message to you when you're in vzwpix and looking at the image (unless it's of the sender, of course!).

When you get your notification of a message waiting at vzwpix, does it say anything like, "You have a message from xxx-xxx-xxxx", where it indicates the number of the sender?

It has been a while since I've received a notice from vzwpix, but i'm pretty sure that it told me the number of the sender in the notice of a waiting message.

Last edited by rdrum; 04-13-2009 at 09:56 AM..
Old 04-13-2009, 04:40 PM   #4
mrgregory29

Must be a Verizon problem cause i'm on Alltel and get pics in my MMS folder and I can see who it comes from.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:56 PM   #5
SMR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdrum View Post
Like you, I occasionally receive an MMS from some one. You're right about not being able to necessairly tell who sent the message to you when you're in vzwpix and looking at the image (unless it's of the sender, of course!).

When you get your notification of a message waiting at vzwpix, does it say anything like, "You have a message from xxx-xxx-xxxx", where it indicates the number of the sender?

It has been a while since I've received a notice from vzwpix, but i'm pretty sure that it told me the number of the sender in the notice of a waiting message.
Unfortunately, the text message only shows it coming from Verizon. No other information. I called Verizon tech support and was told that "as a courtesy to 8830 users (which aren't supported for MMS since there is no camera), they set up a web site to view photos." I guess that's as good as it gets?
Old 04-17-2009, 04:27 AM   #6
Gossioii0

Model: 1
Carrier: 1
Angry this is very useful

Wow, this is very useful.. Thanks for sharing this and hoping I could implement it too.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:54 PM   #7
sandsjh
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Alltel BIS

You have to have OS 4.5... which came out this week for Verizon users.
BlackBerry - Update your Device Software
Old 04-23-2009, 03:49 PM   #8
donklishous

Carrier: Sprint

So I updated to OS 4.5 and it still doesn't indicate who the MMS message is coming from. Has anyone had any luck solving this? It's really annoying to get at who sent you the picture.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:39 AM   #9
SMR

Quote:
Originally Posted by donklishous View Post
So I updated to OS 4.5 and it still doesn't indicate who the MMS message is coming from. Has anyone had any luck solving this? It's really annoying to get at who sent you the picture.
Same here, upgraded to 4.5, but no change to weak MMS features.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:25 PM   #10
zmann

I joined this forum just to jump into this conversation.

This functionality drives me CRAZY. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten a picture sent to me and cannot figure out who it's from Sometimes they are naked girl pics - how the hell am I supposed to go around asking all the girls I know which one sent me a boob shot???

Even more recently, it seems like the "inbox" part of vzwpix has disappeared and now there is only a general bucket of images and videos with no indication where they came from - did I upload? did someone send it to me?

I recently contacted verizon about this and I'm hoping they can provide an answer.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:25 PM   #11
Kris Wilson
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 317E9CBF
Carrier: VeriZon
Default MMS messaging on 8830

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmann View Post
I joined this forum just to jump into this conversation.

This functionality drives me CRAZY. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten a picture sent to me and cannot figure out who it's from Sometimes they are naked girl pics - how the hell am I supposed to go around asking all the girls I know which one sent me a boob shot???

Even more recently, it seems like the "inbox" part of vzwpix has disappeared and now there is only a general bucket of images and videos with no indication where they came from - did I upload? did someone send it to me?

I recently contacted verizon about this and I'm hoping they can provide an answer.
man..one should have such a hard life.....multiple girls sending you "boob shots" but not sure from who?....lol lol
http://www.twitter.com/kwilson8cinci
MOSS2007 SharePoint Consultant
Closed Thread