Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 12:29 PM   #1
Mallepietje

Model: class
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Default Blackberry ID

Please Login to Remove!

I have a BlackBerry Classic witch is damaged. I want to replace it for an new BlackBerry Classic but i have forgotten my BlackBerry id pasword en secret question.
I deleted my BlackBerry ID en created a new one with the same email adres so i can backup my old telephone and restore the data to my new one using BlackBerry link.
Now my old telephone asks for the pasword for the BlackBerry ID but gives an error when i give the right pasword. (the new one i created.)
Who can help me to change the BlackBerry ID on the old Classic so I can backup en restore the Phone. Its no option to go to factory settings.

Thanx,

Peter
Old 11-23-2015, 01:51 PM   #2
knottyrope
BlackBerry Elite

Model: DT60
PIN: t of blood has been taken
Carrier: AT&T-US with I dee ten tee errors
Default Re: Blackberry ID

BBID Password Reset - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

good info on BBID
It doesn't even matter

Rocking the Motion with out lotion.
Old 11-24-2015, 03:16 AM   #3
alvianlai

Model: 6100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TSel

Don't use BBID, in fact, never use BBM again, the have the most stupid customer support, ever.

My Blackberry ID was hacked 2 days ago, and the hacker changed the password, the security question and the username of my ID so there is no way for me to reset the password or recover my Blackberry ID for it no longer use my previous email as username. Then the hacker harassing and trying to miss use my contacts in that account (i.e. asking my friends to lend "me" money). Tried to warn my friends, but it takes time.
Yesterday contacted Blackberry support and asking them to block that account the prevent the hacker do more harm. And the answer was? "You can create another Blackberry ID using your previous email"
That was NOT the problem, MORON. Even 5th grade can answer that. Is this the kind of support from Blackberry Messenger for it user?
Any logic here? Does this kind of support make sense? No wonder the user is declining.
Old 11-24-2015, 03:52 PM   #4
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

Although the current support from Blackberry is lacking the real issue is the average user for cell service wants instant response to just about everything they do including instant messaging, When the various company move to satisfy the " I gota have it now crowd" then all logic and security goes out the window. Security takes added requirements and users from all cell companys using any type phone not just blackberry’s don't want added delays. As the phones start to have more and more control for things like paying at the store by just doing a swipe you will see even more hacking.
Reality the least secure phone is the I-phone followed close by an Android phone. It may be time to go back to the wired to the pole phones.

As for BBM. instead of blaming blackberry I would look at who and how the email got out. Also look at the password your using on various things and change them.
Old 11-27-2015, 08:54 PM   #5
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvianlai View Post
Don't use BBID, in fact, never use BBM again, the have the most stupid customer support, ever.

My Blackberry ID was hacked 2 days ago, and the hacker changed the password, the security question and the username of my ID so there is no way for me to reset the password or recover my Blackberry ID for it no longer use my previous email as username. Then the hacker harassing and trying to miss use my contacts in that account (i.e. asking my friends to lend "me" money). Tried to warn my friends, but it takes time.
Yesterday contacted Blackberry support and asking them to block that account the prevent the hacker do more harm. And the answer was? "You can create another Blackberry ID using your previous email"
That was NOT the problem, MORON. Even 5th grade can answer that. Is this the kind of support from Blackberry Messenger for it user?
Any logic here? Does this kind of support make sense? No wonder the user is declining.
Your BBID wasn't hacked. Sounds like you and a bunch of others were tricked into giving your ID credentials on a malicious website. Whatever, you are most likely at fault.

This isn't BlackBerry's fault. I would have no expectation for BlackBerry to do what you think it should do. You made the mess.
Old 11-28-2015, 10:53 AM   #6
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
Your BBID wasn't hacked. Sounds like you and a bunch of others were tricked into giving your ID credentials on a malicious website. Whatever, you are most likely at fault.

This isn't BlackBerry's fault. I would have no expectation for BlackBerry to do what you think it should do. You made the mess.
Followup. BlackBerry is advising users to contact it's privacy office.....

http://ca.blackberry.com/legal/privacy-policy.html
x
x
10. Questions or concerns? How to contact us
BlackBerry welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Privacy Policy and the way we process your personal information. If you have any questions, concerns or wish to request access to your personal information pursuant to applicable privacy or data protection laws, please contact BlackBerry either by email or in writing and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to respond:
by email: privacyoffice@blackberry.com, or
write to one of the following BlackBerry offices closest to you:
BlackBerry Privacy Office c/o BlackBerry (attention Legal Department), 2200 University Avenue East, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2K 0A7
BlackBerry Privacy Office c/o BlackBerry (attention Legal Department), 200 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, United Kingdom SL1 3XE
BlackBerry Privacy Office c/o BlackBerry (attention Legal Department), 1 International Business Park, The Synergy Building, 2nd Floor, Singapore 609917

Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Last edited by aiharkness; 11-28-2015 at 10:55 AM..
Old 11-29-2015, 05:55 PM   #7
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

aiharkness posts are exactly the issue. Users tend to blame anyone but themselves when hacked and forget they gave the email or other info out.
Closed Thread