BlackBerry Forums Support Community

View Poll Results: Will you/Have you moved away from your BlackBerry?
Absolutely Not! BlackBerry Forever. 150 29.53%
I am considering it, moving to the Android Platform 112 22.05%
I am considering it, moving to the iPhone Platform 83 16.34%
I am considering it, moving to the Windows 7 Platform 21 4.13%
I have. I moved on to the Android Platform, Goodbye BlackBerry! 32 6.30%
I have. I moved on to the iPhone Platform, Goodbye BlackBerry! 24 4.72%
I have. I moved on to the Windows 7 Platform, Goodbye BlackBerry! 1 0.20%
I won't consider a move yet, I have faith RIM will come out with a competing device. 84 16.54%
I have no desire to use my mobile phone as a multimedia/app station. BlackBerry is best for me. 42 8.27%
My BlackBerry was issued to me, I have no choice in the matter. 18 3.54%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 508. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-24-2011, 03:34 AM   #201
Erbus

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmobile
Question Re: Will you move away from BlackBerry?

Please Login to Remove!

i have a question, since i got Blackberry only few days ago and i dno who to ask this question... i need hlp... when i recharge my BB my screen shows clock and my keyboard is lighting on, and so all night long. how can i turn it off like normal phones... after few seconds... i tryed evertyhing and cant find .... (sry for my english) thx a lot. and my keybord wont automaticly lock.... ??

Last edited by Erbus; 05-24-2011 at 03:46 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:17 AM   #202
deril

Model: 8520
Carrier: AT&T
Default Re: Will you move away from BlackBerry?

Not yet. Though there are a few tempting phones in the market but I'll stick to BB for now atleast.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:46 AM   #203
pcerio
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9930
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erbus View Post
i have a question, since i got Blackberry only few days ago and i dno who to ask this question... i need hlp... when i recharge my BB my screen shows clock and my keyboard is lighting on, and so all night long. how can i turn it off like normal phones... after few seconds... i tryed evertyhing and cant find .... (sry for my english) thx a lot. and my keybord wont automaticly lock.... ??
Wrong thread for this
Old 05-24-2011, 04:19 PM   #204
Maryszhita

Model: 9800
Carrier: Telus Mobility

i really loved blackberry since last summer....!!! i know it might sound ridiculous and whatever.. one of my good friends lend it to me while we were away on a summer trip, i was very happy to have "access" to the world while we were away... now the thing is i own one and sometimes i do regret having it! i still have faith, dont get me wrong, i know technology its like people, theres always something wrong which i totally understand! but when you changed your phone 3 times in 1 year something must be crazily wrong!!! i loved my bold 9700... but something happen and it died, was disappointed with my 2ND bold9700 and now currently living a hell with my torch... if it wasnt because i find it handy to be in touch with my family and friends in other countries, id switch to an iphone... my brother has one and so far no problems at all!
Old 05-25-2011, 03:30 PM   #205
misterbulldog
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

I have a personal BB and a work BB. For a business device, nobody does it better, at this time. It's all a matter of what you expect out of a device and finding the right one for you. Mainly for me it is email, texting, some Facebook and Weatherbug.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:47 PM   #206
JJBauman

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

This is an email I tried to send to RIM higher-ups. It didn't get delivered because I don't have a support contract. The points in the email make it clear why I decided to leave BB.
----------------------------------------
To whoever reads this (and I hope that includes Mr. Yach and Mr. Heins),

I updated the OS on my BB Bold 9700 on receipt of a broadcast email from RIM. The update caused me to lose connectivity with the Desktop Manager and I have spent no less than 15 hours trying to chase down a solution. I have read all available help files from RIM and from countless other users who've had the same problem and the same frustrations. I have done uninstalls and reinstalls of the software and the drivers, pulled batteries, rebooted dozens and dozens of times, and keep getting the message from Vista that it cannot recognize the USB drivers you make available.

It appears from the record that these problems with your USB drivers go back all the way to 2007 in one form or another. My particular problem has not only defeated me, but it appears to have also defeated many experts on the user's forum. You've had systems knowledgeable people saying that your programmers have turned out a junk product and they don't know how to correct it.

The issue of buggy software aside, the larger issue to me is that you seem to let this problem persist and are doing nothing but relying on your user base to trial-and-error its way to a solution. Except the solution is not there; there are only reasonable guesses to what might work, and none of the guesses do work. I cannot see from any of the email trails any helpful information from your support staff. Indeed, it's not even evident from your web site that you have a support staff at all. There is no contact information, other than an unhelpful form to email to some unspecified staff with a 24 hour turnaround. And there is no phone support. This is not a service. It is a disservice.

I can face the consequences for breaking hardware and software when I do it myself, but I find it highly objectionable to be punished for the damaged goods that a technology company foists off on me. As much as I've liked the BB when it worked, my eroded confidence says it would not be a good idea to stick with your product line any longer.

Last edited by JJBauman; 05-25-2011 at 07:10 PM..
Old 05-25-2011, 06:02 PM   #207
touritalo
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: O2

I have tried them all, and the one I like the most is the BlackBerry. I really don't see myself changing after I have been through them all!
Old 05-26-2011, 11:02 PM   #208
BigA
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iphon
PIN: Prick

March 3, 2011 RIM stock = $68.45

May 26, 2011 RIM stock = #43.57

Rim has lost over a 1/3rd of their stock value in less than 3mo. Guess what the writing is on the wall. RIM has lost it. The only hope is that more business customers don't migrate over to other platforms. RIM is not the only one with a great messaging, device security and applications. Get over it Rim is done. Current consumer users will realize that their devices are too buggy and quality sucks. Not only that they will have to pay full price for another device because their BB couldn't last the full 20mo to upgrade to a new device.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:04 AM   #209
active000

Model: 7100T
Carrier: SDFWE

I'll check it out;
Old 05-27-2011, 01:46 PM   #210
Iare Tosevite
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

Even if I didn't know RIM issues, this forum has evidence of users moving away from RIM devices. Notice how quiet this forum is lately? I remember when not checking this site for a single day will cause unread posts to fill entire list, and probably second page too!
Old 05-27-2011, 05:26 PM   #211
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370

Vagaries of the stock market aside, RIM isn't going anywhere. They'll be making BlackBerrys for another decade at least, and probably longer. The stock price is based largely on growth, not a stable customer base. They're growing slower than Android and iOS, but they're not contracting.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:04 PM   #212
touritalo

Carrier: O2

I really cannot believe that the BlackBerry platform is just going to disappear! I am in London and every single day I see more BlackBerries (particularly the Curve 8520) around than any other phone.

This is just a one person view but I wouldn't say I see more iPhones or Android devices to be honest. I see loads of people with the Torch and I know many who jumped over from the iPhone!

I know that is just a simple view but it's my opinion of what I see a lot.

I think if RIM could improve the quality (not going to pretend otherwise, but some of the BB's aren't really up to scratch. I blame poor QC) and still keep a competative price, they would still have a strong position in the market. I think eventually the iPhone will struggle to grow anymore as firstly - £510 for a phone? Is there anyone who actually thinks that represents value for money...? And secondly, £35 a month contract and I have to pay for the handset?! No way!

Android will always be bigger in market share as you can get a cheapo Android phone now and as there is just so many - it is always going to be the winner. But what I think RIM should aim for is aggressive marketing and a price war to undercut Apple to overtake the share they have.

Keep the phones coming RIM!
Old 05-29-2011, 12:59 PM   #213
Iare Tosevite
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

Yeah businesses will always trust RIM it seems. RIM devices is far more secure for government use, for example.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:03 PM   #214
brandonaybar

Model: 9330

I love my Black-Berry. As of now, I have no plans to get an I-Phone or a DROID. Never say never, I guess ...
Old 05-31-2011, 03:09 PM   #215
brandonaybar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigA View Post
March 3, 2011 RIM stock = $68.45

May 26, 2011 RIM stock = #43.57

Rim has lost over a 1/3rd of their stock value in less than 3mo. Guess what the writing is on the wall. RIM has lost it. The only hope is that more business customers don't migrate over to other platforms. RIM is not the only one with a great messaging, device security and applications. Get over it Rim is done. Current consumer users will realize that their devices are too buggy and quality sucks. Not only that they will have to pay full price for another device because their BB couldn't last the full 20mo to upgrade to a new device.
Not to mention that you can hardly find any accessories, particularly cases, for BB's at the retail establishments (shopping mall, Best Buy, accessory kiosks, etc).
Old 05-31-2011, 09:48 PM   #216
brandonaybar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryszhita View Post
i really loved blackberry since last summer....!!! i know it might sound ridiculous and whatever.. one of my good friends lend it to me while we were away on a summer trip, i was very happy to have "access" to the world while we were away... now the thing is i own one and sometimes i do regret having it! i still have faith, dont get me wrong, i know technology its like people, theres always something wrong which i totally understand! but when you changed your phone 3 times in 1 year something must be crazily wrong!!! i loved my bold 9700... but something happen and it died, was disappointed with my 2ND bold9700 and now currently living a hell with my torch... if it wasnt because i find it handy to be in touch with my family and friends in other countries, id switch to an iphone... my brother has one and so far no problems at all!
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 05-31-2011, 09:56 PM   #217
brandonaybar

Wow, what a horrible mystery. I wonder why this has happened to you. Did either your carrier or RIM provide reasons or replacements? Why did you continue to use BlackBerry devices? I really and truly hope - for you and for everyone else in the BlackBerry Community- that these issues get resolved; otherwise, RIM really will "fade to black". I really like my Curve 9330, and I sure as heck hope that I get to use it for at least 2 years (perhaps longer).
Good luck!
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Last edited by brandonaybar; 05-31-2011 at 09:58 PM..
Old 06-01-2011, 06:10 AM   #218
atuuld

Model: 9300
Carrier: vodaphone

i like bb bt many simple functions r missing from the phone & from its OFFICIAL software. v cannot DIRECTLY send, recieve & delete sms from the dm software when connected to pc, which other phone companies have as a BASIC thing.

wont it look cool 2 c ur sms, bbm chat & all in a explorer kinda window. easy 2 look & delete stuff when connected 2 ur pc.

RIM should consider this thing in future.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:14 AM   #219
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Model: iP4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by atuuld View Post
wont it look cool 2 c ur sms, bbm chat & all in a explorer kinda window. easy 2 look & delete stuff when connected 2 ur pc.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say you are probably not in the target market for a BlackBerry phone.

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:32 AM   #220
dkf747
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8520
Carrier: TMO

I took my technophobic friend shopping for a smartphone. I showed him the iPhone, several Android phones, and Blackberry. The iPhone was really tempting, but the cost was not. He got a BB! It had the combination of features and cost that worked for him. I did not sell him on getting the BB. In fact I probably pushed harder for the iPhone. He made the choice himself. After doing this, I, myself, found that I still like the BB better and hope when it's my turn to get a new phone it will be the BB (*depends on what RIM offers at that time). (been using BB since 2005)