Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 01:43 PM   #1
VictorD

Model: 8530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: none. Was Sprint
Default Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation

Please Login to Remove!

Last month, my Bberry 8530 was nuked and the Win XP PC that it originally ran on tanked too.
I got on my last working PC, HP Pavilon Win 8 laptop, and, after considerable trouble, I finally managed to restore the Bberry.
However, it nuked approx 10 or more times after that but it restored rather easily ... until a few days ago.
I keep getting "unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation" during restore. I was directed to jl_cmder, but, that doesn't seem to do anything of value if I have to restore the Bberry with DM (keep getting "unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation").
Is there a fix or should I officially consider this Bberry 8530 bricked?
Old 02-14-2018, 04:29 PM   #2
VictorD

Model: 8530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: none. Was Sprint
Default Re: Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation

Fixed. For now (meaning I'm sure the Bberry will nuke again but I managed to restore it).

Sort of long winded but want to explain what I did and didn't do

I read about shutting off Power Management to the USB Controllers>Root Hubs, disabling my anti-virus, unplugging everything, etc...but avoided all that.
And remembered how, at least for me, some programs stop working properly after a Defraggle and I had done it twice recently - probably before and definitely after the Bberry restore stopped working.

I ran CCleaner to clean up my registry and it was a mess (with a lot of installs, uninstalls, and reinstalls). Reinstalled my DM, ran App Installer, and Voila. Restored. Again, I'm sure my decrepit Bberry will nuke again but (sigh), I think I got it covered now.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:41 PM   #3
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation

Ok so the BB was nuked and you had to reload the software. I would suspect either a hardware issue or an App your adding is causing the problem. I would not add any additional apps beyond the basic OS reload. the other issue is your also having a PC issue. From my experience with CCcleaner which I used for years it should be ok on older OS's. Sadly Microsoft windows 10 update was either not compatible with the CC or the OS update was a piece of junk because after running CC for both registry and cleaner I lost all access to the PC and was forced to reload the PC. Wonderful Microsoft apparently only is concerned with their junk and when asked for assistance online they simply stated it was not their issue and to contact the pc manufacturer. The PC manufacturer did exactly the same thing and pointed back to Microsoft.

Anyway my point is to be careful with CC and if you run it do a backup of your computer to be safe.

As for the BB issue I would do a complete reload from a connected PC with downloaded files. Avoid a reload over the air ( downloaded directly to the BB)

The other issue may be Blackberry really does not fully support hardware any longer and you should make sure you have the correct OS and use Desktop manager to do backups and reloads as required.

IMHO sometimes the older phones are a lot more stable and easier to use.

Good luck.
Closed Thread