Old 05-22-2011, 03:23 PM   #1
nadsam

Model: 9300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2
Default some advice need please....

Please Login to Remove!

hi everyone.

i got my new curve 3g 9300 6 weeks ago, and loved loved loved it. however i was out last weekend and accidently dropped it down the toilet i took it all apart to let it dry and once it was dried out the screen was white with a JVM ERROR 545 in them middle of the screen. i was able to put the new v6 software on it, but then the rollerball wouldnt work, so i took it to a shop and had it replaced along with a new battery, and i thought everything was great, but the signal just says SOS.

what i am asking is, is there any point in trying to leave it in somewhere to get fixed, or should i just send it to blackberry heaven??

i am absolutely devastated, and i didnt even take insurance on it
Old 05-22-2011, 03:28 PM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: some advice need please....

There are some amazing stories of BlackBerry recovery after getting wet, but I think we hear about them precisely because they are the exception.

Your BlackBerry took a dunk while the battery was in it. I think it's gone. At least if it were me I wouldn't spend any more time or money on it.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 05-22-2011, 03:40 PM   #3
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

I agree with aiharkness, time to replace it. If you are thinking of buying a used one, make sure you read this: http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.p...Berry_off_eBay

Too late for this time but when it happens again: Got Your BlackBerry Wet? - BlackBerryFAQ

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!

Last edited by Dubdub; 05-22-2011 at 03:42 PM..
Old 05-22-2011, 03:43 PM   #4
nadsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
There are some amazing stories of BlackBerry recovery after getting wet, but I think we hear about them precisely because they are the exception.

Your BlackBerry took a dunk while the battery was in it. I think it's gone. At least if it were me I wouldn't spend any more time or money on it.
thank you for your advice, i guess i had just been getting so excited at the fact it still turns on and everything seems to be working apart from the signal. looks like i will just have to wait until i get back from holiday to purchase a new one booohooo
Old 06-04-2011, 06:39 AM   #5
nadsam

just an update guys - i switched my phone from 3g to 2g and i have had full signal for a over a week now, and everything is working ))))
Old 06-13-2011, 06:54 AM   #6
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

507 means no device software, as the error message says. On its own, that's not a big deal. But if you have read the thread you should know where you stand as far as the liquid exposure.

Dry the device and then reload the OS. See blackberryfaq.com for articles on both subjects.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:01 AM   #7
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

One of the mistakes folks make with a wet BlackBerry is trying to use it again too soon after the dunking. It should be dried out for AT LEAST a week before re-inserting the battery. Depending on how you dry it out (warm dry place, uncooked rice, etc) it can easily take over a week to be fully dried out.
Closed Thread