Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 07:13 AM   #1
cardman827

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default Video Sound Not coming Through Headset

Please Login to Remove!

Hi All, I have a 8330 curve using cardo s2 bluetooth stereo headset. When I play music It comes through the headset fine but when I play a video the sound comes through the phone speaker and not the headset. Can anyone shed some light on why this is happening? I tried deleting the headset and then adding It and also a battery pull but nothing works. It's very frustating because I like to watch the videos at the gym without wires. Thanks for your help.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:12 PM   #2
FF2
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8830

Due to what might be termed "lip sync" issues, you canNOT use Bluetooth with video. There is apparently a delay in "broadcasting" the audio to a BT headphone so that the audio and video do not match up. So that feature is not available.

I think a 3rd party media player could get around it by offering an offset/sync adjustment - my TomTom has a video player which contains an adjustment such as that. I don't think any is available.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:00 PM   #3
cardman827

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
Due to what might be termed "lip sync" issues, you canNOT use Bluetooth with video. There is apparently a delay in "broadcasting" the audio to a BT headphone so that the audio and video do not match up. So that feature is not available.

I think a 3rd party media player could get around it by offering an offset/sync adjustment - my TomTom has a video player which contains an adjustment such as that. I don't think any is available.
I have the same setup with my ipod. I have a bluetooth adapter plugged into the ipod using these headphones and I watch my videos with no problem. I thought It would work the same with the phone because I thought It was using the same bluetooth technology.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:58 PM   #4
cardman827

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardman827 View Post
I have the same setup with my ipod. I have a bluetooth adapter plugged into the ipod using these headphones and I watch my videos with no problem. I thought It would work the same with the phone because I thought It was using the same bluetooth technology.

So I contacted Blackberry and It can't be done for now. Here was their response.

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support.

Currently the Curve is not capable of streaming audio from videos to Bluetooth headsets. A different headset would not correct the issue but check regularly for software updates for your smartphone's software.

If you require further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you again for contacting us.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:48 PM   #5
FF2
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8830

Just today I decided to see if a regular bluetooth earpiece, rather than the one I use for music would work, even monaurally - no go. Sound only from the phone's normal sources - ear or speakerphone - those options were available from the Menu key. But no way to send it to BT!
Old 05-29-2008, 08:53 PM   #6
MBW
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8110
Carrier: AT&T

Did you try a wired headset?
Old 05-30-2008, 08:02 AM   #7
cardman827

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBW View Post
Did you try a wired headset?

Yes, the wired one works but I like watching the videos at the gym and the wires just get in the way. Oh well, I'll just wait till blackberry upgrades the software whenever that may be.
Closed Thread