Old 01-24-2009, 07:17 PM   #1
Don Henry

Model: 9810
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Problems with ALERTS on Blackberry Messenger

Please Login to Remove!

Hi fellow forum members,

I did search this forum before posting this - and I am fully familiar with setting alert tones for different profiles and applications - but this problem is a real hair puller. A friend of mine with the same AT&T Curve and O/S version is experiencing the identical issue - so we believe it is not "operator error"

At&T Curve 8310, with O/S V4.2.2.170

I am trying to set alerts for Blackberry Messenger so that I receive an audio alert when PINGED - however, with everything I have tried, I DO get the audio alert, but once the conversation is opened, I also get the audio alert with EVERY MESSAGE RECEIVED WITHIN THE CONVERSATION!

Profile settings are as follows (note all are same for IN and OUT OF HOLSTER):

Level 1 messages:
Tone
Volume - medium
LED flashing
Number of vibrations - 2

Messenger Alert
Tone
Number of beeps - 3
Volume - medium
LED flashing
Number of vibrations - 2

Messenger - New message
Tone
Volume - medium
Number of beeps - 3
LED flashing
Number of vibrations - 2

I have tried setting Messenger - New Nessage to NONE (no tone) and have also tried setting Volume to MUTE - but then I DO NOT get the audio alert when PINGED. I also tried selecting a "quieter" tone on New Message and setting volume to LOW (so at least the constant alerts would not be so onboxious) - but then the "quieter" tone and lowered volume is what I get for ALERTS.

For what it is worth - this problem also exists in the LOUD profile as well.

What I am trying to accomplish: get an audio alert ONCE when PINGED, and/or ONCE when a new conversation is opened (if not first being PINGED by the sender) - but NO AUDIO ALERT OR VIBRATION WITH EVERY MESSAGE RECEIVED.

If anyone can help with this, we would be very, very appreciative.
Closed Thread