BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 06:24 PM   #1
insomniac
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon
Default BEWARE of BBerry.com (aka Smartphone Experts)

Please Login to Remove!

Just wanted to share my experience with one of those Blackberry accessories online retailers. I purchased a Seidio 7130e holster from BBerry.com which seems to also go by the name of Smartphone Experts and Treo Central.

I received the holster. It was obviously defective (sleeper function did not work). They agreed and asked me to send it back. They promised to replace it. Even gave me a new order number. Then I didn't hear from them in almost 2 weeks nor did I receive a replacement as promised. So I contacted them. They replied that the item was out of stock indefinitely now. I then asked for a refund. They agreed but would not refund the shipping cost.

I argued that the product was defective and it was their fault. It's not like I just decided to return it during their 14-day money back period. They simply responded with some generic literature about not refunding shipment cost. I again reminded them this was a defective item and the policy regarding general returns shouldn't apply here. Haven't heard from them since.

Basically I lost $6 for my trouble. Thanks, BBerry. I will never order from them again.

UPDATE 7/11/2006 : bberrystore, the customer service rep who posted below, got in touch with me and processed the refund of shipment costs. I am still disappointed that it had to come to my posting in a public forum to get the situation righted (or even get the courtesy of a response), but the most important thing is that they ultimately got it right. Thanks, bberrystore.

Last edited by insomniac; 07-11-2006 at 02:37 PM..
Old 07-06-2006, 08:43 PM   #2
pdutta2000
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530

I actually placed an order with them recently and will see how that goes. Package should arrive tomorrow.

You know...I have to shake my head at these internet retailers sometimes. If you're going to sponsor a message board...you have to know that every slip up will be posted on the web...right in the middle of your prime audience. Was it really worth the $6 to have your name blasted for all the internet to see?!? It's committing sales suicide.

Last edited by pdutta2000; 07-06-2006 at 09:39 PM..
Old 07-07-2006, 08:23 AM   #3
jww
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130e
Carrier: Bell Mobility - Canada

Thanks for the head's up - I will be ordering a bt headset, possibly a second battery and a car-charger/mini-usb adapter. I was thinking of using BBery.com, but now am having second thoughts. I look forward to hearing others' experience with this on-line retailer.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:49 AM   #4
bberrystore
Platinum Sponsor

Model: All

insomniac,

I am sorry for the issues with your order. Can you post your order # here or email me at [email address] and I will ensure you are fully compensated.

By policy, all defective products should have 1) Free Return Shipping (UPS Pickup) and 2) Full Refund, including shipping. Someone in the support staff didn't follow policy.
(888) 599-9044 (Mon-Fri 8am-8pm EST)
Old 07-07-2006, 03:00 PM   #5
insomniac

My order number was #293060. Please make this right. I appreciate your efforts to follow through.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:45 PM   #6
pdutta2000
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530

Felt the need to report back since I replied to the thread. I just received my shipment from BBery.com and I'm very satisfied. Packaging was nice and the products were as advertised, except one small issue. I ordered a Jabra wired headset. One the order page they make note of the mini-gels that come with the headset. My headset, however, didin't come with any mini-gels. Also, it came in OEM packaging where I was expecting retail packaging. Neither of these are huge issues since the headset was only $4.95 but they might want to make sure to point this out on the website. Overall I am satisfied and will definitely tell others to use BBerry.com.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:39 PM   #7
rcg
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 7290

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdutta2000
Felt the need to report back since I replied to the thread. I just received my shipment from BBery.com and I'm very satisfied. Packaging was nice and the products were as advertised, except one small issue. I ordered a Jabra wired headset. One the order page they make note of the mini-gels that come with the headset. My headset, however, didin't come with any mini-gels. Also, it came in OEM packaging where I was expecting retail packaging. Neither of these are huge issues since the headset was only $4.95 but they might want to make sure to point this out on the website. Overall I am satisfied and will definitely tell others to use BBerry.com.

Shoot them an email... I'm sure they will send you the ear gels. We would.

AIM: SmartPhoneDepot
Old 07-08-2006, 07:44 PM   #8
adamlau
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930
Carrier: Sprint

I have something to say about the suspect customer service at Screen Patronus, but I will leave that off the boards for the time being...
Old 07-11-2006, 07:36 PM   #9
insomniac

BBerry corrected the situation and I received my full refund. See the original post for the full update.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:46 PM   #10
sasquatch
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g

I have another minor gripe about bberry.com. I ordered a "Tuff-As-Nuts" Nutshell case for my BB 7105t. What they sent me was a Nutshell case that was WAY too wide, and the 7105t just slipped right out.
I called them and told them about it, and they gave me a song and dance about this being a generic case that is supposed to fit several similar-sized devices. I argued a bit , but to no avail.
They did return my money, but it's scanadalous that they try to pass off this case for a BB 7105t.
After a bit of research, I found out that the case they sent me was actually the Nutshell case designed specifically for the Palm Treo 650... (it even had the hole for the headset jack at the bottom of the case, jsut as the Treo 650 has).
I suppose if I had a Treo 650 I'd be happy as a clam with this case. But the Treo is quite a bit wider than the BB 7105t.
Just a warning. When you buy from BBerry.com, make sure you know what you're getting, and don't just get a case that they say "will fit" your BlackBerry. Make sure you are getting a case that is made for your specific model of blackberry. Otherwise it will be too loose or too tight.

I sent an email to bbery.com, asking them to state the model of the Nutshell cases, so you can confirm with the manufacturer what PDA/phone the case was REALLY designed for.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:05 PM   #11
evilcaptain
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

I ordered a leather swivel case for my 7105t and I have no problems with it from BBerry.com.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:48 PM   #12
daves
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T, former Vzw

ordered my 7130e holster from bberry..no issues..shipped on time, what arrived was what I expected, packaging was fine, etc.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:54 PM   #13
flash24
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9930
PIN: 3319688F

this suxx.. I'm having the same problem with wirelessbuy.com, I purchased my bb 8700g from them about a month ago. On the web it says that a bluetooth headset is included, but I still haven't recieve the headset. I called them about two weeks ago and they said their out of stock.. and then when i called them back after about a week they said that their switching bluetooth product to a different company and will ship it to me as soon as they get some more. I think their Bullsh*ttin... I will give them another call and see what they will say this time.

Proud to Serve USAF
Old 09-09-2006, 12:45 AM   #14
csurfr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint
Thumbs up

I've ordered numerous things from BBerry, including extra batteries, chargers, and the leather 8700c case. I've not had any problems with their service, nor their shipping. Everything has arrived exactly when they said it would.
Closed Thread