BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 09:04 PM   #1
clearSector

Model: 8100
Thumbs down my dog ate my pearl

Please Login to Remove!

My boxer chewed up my pearl! sucks! he's usually not the type to chew things like phones or remotes but I think the rubber skin reminded him of his other toys.. the damage isnt that bad but none of the buttons no longer work.. I am guessing it is from the slobber? oh well.. I guess I gotta order another

anyone know of any good uses for a partially working pearl?! lol

Last edited by clearSector; 11-13-2006 at 09:36 PM..
Old 11-13-2006, 09:05 PM   #2
mrpg
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

kill him
Old 11-13-2006, 09:46 PM   #3
SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearSector
My boxer chewed up my pearl! sucks! he's usually not the type to chew things like phones or remotes but I think the rubber skin reminded him of his other toys.. the damage isnt that bad but none of the buttons no longer work.. I am guessing it is from the slobber? oh well.. I guess I gotta order another

Well, it is good for parts. What a drag.

My cat seems to be attracted to my Best Skins Ever screen protector. Likes to lick it. Annoying. Causes me to wonder what the Skin is made of.

Another time she was looking at the backlight and all of a sudden batted the phone to where it went flying across the room. Luckily it landed on carpet.

Sidenote: I try not to think of what pets cost me in terms of damage they cause. E.g., I have a $5000 1950's Herman Miller chair that the cat decided to use as a teething device while I was away at the office. Did not notice the handiwork for about a week. Chair is now worth $100. What a drag.

Pardon me, I have to go beat the cat.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:58 PM   #4
clearSector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpg
kill him
If I wouldve had him in the choke hold 5 seconds longer.. he wouldve been KO'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFrancisco
Well, it is good for parts. What a drag.

My cat seems to be attracted to my Best Skins Ever screen protector. Likes to lick it. Annoying. Causes me to wonder what the Skin is made of.

Another time she was looking at the backlight and all of a sudden batted the phone to where it went flying across the room. Luckily it landed on carpet.

Sidenote: I try not to think of what pets cost me in terms of damage they cause. E.g., I have a $5000 1950's Herman Miller chair that the cat decided to use as a teething device while I was away at the office. Did not notice the handiwork for about a week. Chair is now worth $100. What a drag.

Pardon me, I have to go beat the cat.

wow.. $5k to $100 .. thats horrible..

Last edited by clearSector; 11-13-2006 at 10:01 PM..
Old 11-13-2006, 10:07 PM   #5
SanFrancisco

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD

Quote:
wow.. $5k to $100 .. thats horrible..
Yeah, it was all original wood and leather. But for these beasts being so innocent, loving and faithful, I would have recovered the chair with her hide.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:48 PM   #6
Stewie
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g

Quote:

So... While the dog was chewing did your Pearl get any good pictures?
Old 11-13-2006, 11:05 PM   #7
chad5
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703
Carrier: sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpg
kill him

funny.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:34 AM   #8
djxedxd

Model: 9530
PIN: bic,no ball point,wait its blue
Carrier: Verizon
Default Get the $5.00 insurance plan and get a new phone free

Call em up and be like my friend just told me i can get a insurance plan for 5 beens a month and it'll cover anything on the phone is this true and the rep will be more then happy to assist ya.And they could give a rats ass the real reason your calling.
then just wait a few days and presto "glad i got that plan.WINK WINK "

When i got my pearl the rep at t-Mo took one look at my previous phone and said theres no way im sellin you this phone without the insurance plan on it .And then asked me what the hell ive been doin with my phone lmfao .I work at a steel plant (where BETHLEHEM STEEL used to be)if anyone knows it ,and ya i can be pretty brutal on a phone. ive gone through 4 in the 7 years ive worked there.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:55 AM   #9
Dark Knight
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by djxedxd
Call em up and be like my friend just told me i can get a insurance plan for 5 beens a month and it'll cover anything on the phone is this true and the rep will be more then happy to assist ya.And they could give a rats ass the real reason your calling.

When i got my pearl the rep at t-Mo took one look at my previous phone and said theres no way im sellin you this phone without the insurance plan on it .And then asked me what the hell ive been doin with my phone lmfao .I work at a steel plant (where BETHLEHEM STEEL used to be)if anyone knows it ,and ya i can be pretty brutal on a phone. ive gone through 4 in the 7 years ive worked there.
My brother is with T-Mobile and I'm sure he would be interested in the extended warrenty coverage. What does the warrenty actually cover? With Rogers here in Canada they only offer the standard 1 year manufacturer warrenty on parts/labor. Though some of their authorized dealers offer extended warrenty protection which basically extends the standard warrenty coverage to include liquid damage and battery/charger replacement with in 3 years from activation. Here it typically cost around $110.00 for the extended warrenty. If though for example a dog chews your phone or you run it over with a car then the warrenty doesn't cover such accidents.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:59 AM   #10
red_octane_aero
Thumbs Must Hurt

Read the fine print on the insurance though. The you still have to pay a HIGH deductable to get your "replacement" phone.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:29 AM   #11
clearSector

you cant tack on insurance to your plan if you've had the phone for more than 14 days with TMo.. i tried.. lol
Old 11-14-2006, 01:30 PM   #12
bfrye
BBF Veteran User

Model: OU812
Carrier: Nintendo

I gave a couple old 62xx blackberries to my pitty. She loved them and they actually last longer than most of her other bones.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:33 PM   #13
ibrg

Model: 0000
Carrier: T-Mo

Dogs must like blackberries. And I thought they are carnivores...
Old 11-14-2006, 02:20 PM   #14
coreyg510
BBF Veteran

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by djxedxd

That MIGHT work...but in some cases, the rep will need to make a test call to the device to ensure that its working. If you go in to a store, you might need to show your device to ensure that its not damaged. This might vary from carrier to carrier
Old 11-14-2006, 05:47 PM   #15
clearSector

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyg510
That MIGHT work...but in some cases, the rep will need to make a test call to the device to ensure that its working. If you go in to a store, you might need to show your device to ensure that its not damaged. This might vary from carrier to carrier
TMo wont insure your phone if you have owned it for longer than 14 days.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:07 AM   #16
djxedxd

T mo. Won't cover the phone if you don't do it by the 14 day trial period ??? I've never herd that hmm ima have ya check it out cause I just told my brother to do the same thing he dropped his in engine oil at upr garage when he tried to hand it to this dumb chick we know "ya know the dittsy broad that blows everybody friend lol". And he's had his for well over a year.

Oh and that insurance is through t mo so they cover the phone but its anthing wether its a dog lol, oil, or if I throwit against the wall.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:13 AM   #17
djxedxd

T mo. Won't cover the phone if you don't do it by the 14 day trial period ??? I've never herd that hmm ima have ya check it out cause I just told my brother to do the same thing he dropped his in engine oil at upr garage when he tried to hand it to this dumb chick we know "ya know the dittsy broad that blows everybody friend lol". And he's had his for well over a year.

Oh and that insurance is through t mo so they cover the phone but its anthing wether its a dog lol, oil, or if I throwit against the wall.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:28 AM   #18
djxedxd

Sorry bout double post that quick reply thing at the bottom don't agree with my berry that's tha third time its done it.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:07 AM   #19
blakeatl

Carrier: T-mobile

Hook him up to a suretype keyboard and see if he works.
Closed Thread