BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 03-10-2009, 02:34 AM   #21
chris_e_fresh

Model: 9500
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone

Please Login to Remove!

i did everything this guide said to do. After about 10 tries i had to geta mate who works for ibm to remote access my computer to help me. I got the software installed now but for some reason it wont find my blackberry when i connect it via the usb
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:03 PM   #22
chibiconsulting

Model: 8320
Carrier: att
Default Uninstall v4.7 under Vista home?

Has anyone successfully uninstalled BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.7 under Vista Home?

I get this error message and can not proceed:
"Error 2738.Could not access VBScript run time for custom action
'"
Edit try external link www . nitropdf . com/kb/article.aspx?id=10106&cNode=3D8W4P

Last edited by chibiconsulting; 03-10-2009 at 12:10 PM.. Reason: found answer on external site
Old 03-28-2009, 11:30 AM   #23
mr_dany

Model: 7110T
Carrier: engineer

good idea.i think blackbery is clever phone............
Old 04-29-2009, 07:33 PM   #24
htownfirefighter

Model: 8310
Carrier: att
Default Desktop manager and IE 8

My desktop manager worked fine until i upgraded to IE8. Now everything stopped working. I tried to uninstall Desktop manager but it will not uninstall. It starts the process then says its missing :|appdate> something. Does anyone know how to manually uninstall the desktop manager? I've deleted the files under C: and the regedit rim files. But it still shows the program under install/uninstall. So i can't reinstall the manager! ANy help would be greatly appriciated! Thanks
Old 05-10-2009, 10:24 PM   #25
wjwolf

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I too installed IE 8 and VISTA would abort Desktop Mgr 4.7 when getting to processing calendar entries in my Outlook. I uninstalled DM 4.7 build 50 and installed 4.7 build 59. Nada.. still aborted. Uninstalled IE 8 and rerun DM 4.7. Still bombs. Do the clean uninstall instructions which were posted in 2006 still apply? Anyone else with IE 8 and DM issues?
Old 05-18-2009, 02:49 AM   #26
alfie_ramone

Model: 8900
Carrier: t-mobile

HELP!
first of all i apologise if this is the wrong thread to post this question in, but this site seems quite complicated and have looked all over for the answer without luck.
i've had my curve 8900 for a couple of months and everything is hunky-dory EXCEPT the fact that i can't get desktop manager to work.
i've installed, uninstalled, installed, uninstalled until my eyes bleed but ALWAYS get the same result:
when i start the program, all i get is a dialogue box with "desktop manager" written at the top - and empty white space in the box below it.
i try to close the box, using the "x" in the top righthand corner, and by right-clicking the taskbar to "close" but it stays there. the only way i can get rid of it is by going into task manager.
i'm running xp pro sp2
the software is v.4.7, from a disc that was supplied with the bb when i bought it two months ago.
i would really appreciate a hand with this - thanks!
Old 10-27-2009, 09:38 AM   #27
mnorman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T
Default Not on 5.1

Tried this on DM 5.1 so I could reinstall and stop the updating. Have to to it again. Did not complete Atl.dll registration. Be careful with this: it's ATL.DLL not ALT.DLL. Easy mistake to make.

Last edited by mnorman; 10-27-2009 at 10:05 AM..
Old 12-12-2009, 04:29 AM   #28
grahamcarn

Model: 9000
Carrier: 02
Default ApploaderWebSL-Upgrade[1].msi

Somehow I have lost my Desktop Manager application and although I have my disc to reload it will not install because my laptop's Windows Installer is saying it cannot find the path to the installation package "ApploaderWebSL-Upgrade[1].msi"
Where can I find this package and how do I download / install?
If someone can help I would be very grateful - I am new to this forum and not that technical!
Old 01-11-2010, 11:02 AM   #29
Sam K
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
Carrier: Unlocked Tour 9630 on BES w/ AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnorman View Post
Tried this on DM 5.1 so I could reinstall and stop the updating. Have to to it again. Did not complete Atl.dll registration. Be careful with this: it's ATL.DLL not ALT.DLL. Easy mistake to make.
This is a good point and both the list of steps near the top of the post and the title of step 7 have the same typo. The list of steps says "7. Register alt.dll (reinstall only)." and the title of step 7 says "Task 7 - Register alt.dll (reinstall only)". Someone needs to correct both of them to say atl.dll.

Last edited by Sam K; 01-11-2010 at 11:05 AM..
Old 01-17-2010, 11:36 PM   #30
GodsDragon

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

Aghhhhh! This is the about 10th time I do this... Only this time is worse... I cant even uninstall desktop manager now... gives me the error message posted in the attached file...

Please help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Blackberry uninstal error.jpg (208.6 KB, 23 views)
Old 01-29-2010, 06:58 PM   #31
frustratedbbuser

Model: 9630
Carrier: verizon
Default HELP me too! apploaderwebsl upgrade1.msi

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamcarn View Post
Somehow I have lost my Desktop Manager application and although I have my disc to reload it will not install because my laptop's Windows Installer is saying it cannot find the path to the installation package "ApploaderWebSL-Upgrade[1].msi"
Where can I find this package and how do I download / install?
If someone can help I would be very grateful - I am new to this forum and not that technical!
I am having the same problem. I did a complete uninstall including Research in Motion anywhere on my harddrive and reinstalled... The window still pops up looking for this Apploader...... I'm not familiar with how to navigate through these forums but I was happy to see that someone else is having the same issue.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:17 PM   #32
wolfgaze
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-Mobile

This sticky post is extremely informative and detailed...

In a general sense, is anyone else a bit overwhelmed & perturbed at how many steps there are? Whatever happened to just installing and uninstalling a program with 2 commands? Are all of these steps critical to perform???
Old 06-05-2010, 09:24 PM   #33
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

99% of the time you can simply uninstall and reinstall, particularly with the latest versions of Desktop Manager.

Note that this post was written over four years ago.

I have never had to do this.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:33 PM   #34
wolfgaze
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
99% of the time you can simply uninstall and reinstall, particularly with the latest versions of Desktop Manager.

Note that this post was written over four years ago.

I have never had to do this.
Oh okay thanks for pointing that out...
Old 06-11-2010, 12:08 AM   #35
eprof

Model: 9530
Smile Success!

Thank you for posting this procedure. It worked perfectly because the Roxio software now works perfectly.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:15 AM   #36
posh

Model: 7230
Carrier: zain nigeria

my track wheel isnt clicking
Old 07-08-2010, 07:21 AM   #37
JKLiu

Model: 9700
Default Cannot re-install BB desktop SW 5.0.1

I have been always having problems with the Desktop SW with Roxio's Media Manager. So when I ran into difficulties with my T-Mobile BB sw upgrade for Bold 9700 v 5.0.0.714, the tech support recommended I uninstall my Desktop SW with Media Manager and re-install Desktop SW only w/o Media Manager.

After one unsuccessful attempt at uninstalling and re-installing; I followed the procedures in this post, including removal of Roxio files/folders; and did a clean re-install of Desktop SW 5.0.1.

Everything went fine until the point when installation wizard says 'removing temporary files', then it hangs up.

My only option at this time is to Cancel installation.

PS I had to use Task Manager to stop installation - the Cancel option didn't work.

What can I do to install Desktop Manager properly? Help!

Last edited by JKLiu; 07-08-2010 at 07:53 AM.. Reason: Update
Old 07-08-2010, 11:32 AM   #38
JKLiu

Model: 9700
Default Update - finally got Desktop Manager 5.0.1 to install

Well I finally managed to get the Desktop Manager to complete the installation

This was only after I restarted the laptop (from prior post) and re-installed the Desktop Manager, choosing Update/Repair option.

The Main Menu now has BlackBerry Media Sync - in place of Media Manager.

Thanks anyway.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:40 AM   #39
bayougrizz00

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

good stuff...i never knew about the pumatech files.

simply uninstalling and reinstalling BBDM NEVER works for me....EVER. I've had to do a manual removal of all the registry keys a few times before to get the software to work properly and i'm going to have to do it again. I switched from a curve to a bold, and it asked me if i wanted to reassign the pin to the new phone so i chose yes. well, even after removing all the registry keys i could (took a while) and reinstalling it still shows the curve as the active pin. I'm going to go in and find these other keys and spend more time on it this go round.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:50 AM   #40
beeman2

Carrier: o2
Default Can not remove DTM using Add/remove

Hi Guys i have read all the threads about removing DTM but i can't and the instruction 1 to 7 but i can't do number one which say click uninstall from control panel i just get the "the resource you are trying to access is on a network" its trying to access BlackBerry Desktop Software.msi.

Please could some one tell me how to remove DSM 5 and 6 from my win7 PC its driving me mad for the past 5 days
PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME