Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 01:19 PM   #21
dmead
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: EVO
PIN: the tail on the donkey!
Carrier: Sprint

Please Login to Remove!

I am not up on foreign policy but wouldn't bombing N. Korea start us on the path to WW3?

Seems to me that if we started that then China would get involved and all hell would break loose.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:51 PM   #22
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

To me I think they don't really care what happens to North Korea as long as it doesn't mean waves of refugees coming into China. There are some ties between them but they would not commit they did in the Korean War. Their best situation at this point is to keep things as-is.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:13 PM   #23
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

Wirelessly posted (overwhelmingly stressed)

Truthfully this situation is best handled by china! China has gained a great deal from working with the west and likely doesn't wish to lose that. China has the ability to choke NK by cutting off its trade with NK.

China is probably the best suited for dealing with this potential crisis!

War sux anyone who has witnessed its carnage first hand knows it is very unpleasant we shouls avoid it if at all possible! The US armed forces are already spread way to thin
Old 05-29-2009, 07:42 PM   #24
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by djm2 View Post
That is so typical of your approach to logic. Pathetic.
aww you think I am pathetic how sweet. I could care less what you think either. Glad Test has you to defend his honor.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:21 PM   #25
test54
BlackBerry Master

EZ, I agree that China is in the best position to deal with the North Koreans. I also agree that China does not want to hurt their business relations with the world. I think the international pressure on China will build and they along with the US will work to ease the tension.
Old 05-30-2009, 05:38 AM   #26
mriff
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: iPhon
PIN: High
Carrier: Verizon

I hope you're right. But China's track record of influencing behavior of North Korea's leaders is pretty spotty. We'll see.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:52 AM   #27
Dawg
No longer Registered.

I dont see china doing anything.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:36 PM   #28
rjw3000

Model: Charm
Carrier: T-Mobile

Let China handle it, this is in their back yard. They want to be big boys, this is their chance to prove it. China still needs the outside world way more than the outside world needs them.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:17 PM   #29
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

Let China deal with it? I think NOT!

Let China decide If NK gets nukes that can reach the US?

Ummmmmmmmm, no thanks! Are we to the point of a hug and kisses nation that we are willing to rest our future on China putting a stop to a rogue nation getting nukes that can reach out and touch us?

I say NO THANKS!

We and we alone have an interest in defending our nation.... China could care less if we are gone tomorrow... As a matter of fact, I am sure China would be pleased if our nation was gone tomorrow....

Kris

Last edited by LunkHead; 05-31-2009 at 12:20 PM..
Old 05-31-2009, 12:27 PM   #30
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrunner View Post
Wirelessly posted (overwhelmingly stressed)

War sux anyone who has witnessed its carnage first hand knows it is very unpleasant we shouls avoid it if at all possible! The US armed forces are already spread way to thin
A ground invasion is not really needed at this point... Bomb the nuclear production facilities and be done with it. Naval ships, submarines and air bombers can be used...

I doubt they are dumb enough to invade SK but if they are then I am sure China would have a serious interest in getting them back out of SK..

My .02

Kris
Old 05-31-2009, 01:25 PM   #31
test54
BlackBerry Master

perhaps you think the NK people are not capable of building underground facilities?

China can and should deal with this. Its not 1950 where China is the enemy, they are a huge business partner with the world and will protect their business interests.
Old 05-31-2009, 01:48 PM   #32
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

If China is so worried about world opinion / pressure then why o why is there still massive human rights violations in that nation?

China will look out for it's own interests and could care less about defending the USA from attack.....

Underground facilities you say? Sure there is a solution, it's called a bunker bomb.... Do you think we don't know where they are? If you do, I'd disagree....

Kris

Last edited by LunkHead; 05-31-2009 at 01:49 PM..
Old 05-31-2009, 09:42 PM   #33
test54
BlackBerry Master

I guess the core difference is that I feel the US Military cannot & should not have to solve all problems. Their are better ways to handle many situations, this being one of those.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:04 AM   #34
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunkHead View Post
If China is so worried about world opinion / pressure then why o why is there still massive human rights violations in that nation?

China will look out for it's own interests and could care less about defending the USA from attack.....

Underground facilities you say? Sure there is a solution, it's called a bunker bomb.... Do you think we don't know where they are? If you do, I'd disagree....

Kris
You see Kris this is why I would rather not discuss war with Test. He is a world hugger. He forgets the military is for this use to protect our interests.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:25 AM   #35
kathrynhr

Model: Dr01d
Carrier: Veri$on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
You see Kris this is why I would rather not discuss war with Test. He is a world hugger. He forgets the military is for this use to protect our interests.
That's what it is being used for at present. Its original purpose was to protect our citizens and our rights, not the economic interests of the rich.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:47 AM   #36
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
I take most of test's political comments as communist based / opinionated. There are plenty of communist thinking people in our nation and I am not trying to slam or attack test. Just an observation on my part.

If anyone thinks that China is going to look out for the best interests of the US they are wrong.

Political and economic pressure has been tired with NK for years in reference to the nukes. These tactics have obviously failed as we continue to visit the same issue with them over and over again.

Do we really want the likes of NK having nukes? I don't!

When does diplomacy fail (we have tried for years to deal nice like with NK) and when do we take the actions needed to protect our nation when diplomacy has failed?

Invasion / ground war is NOT needed as I stated above. We know where the production plants are, we know where the storage facilities are... Bombs away. I think they will either get the hint or act a fool. Could they invade SK? Sure they could as we don't have the forces to stop it. However, I am fairly positive that China wants no part in NK taking the south. This and this alone would cause China to react, not the defense of the USA.

Kris

Last edited by LunkHead; 06-01-2009 at 08:48 AM..
Old 06-01-2009, 08:51 AM   #37
test54
BlackBerry Master

I'll bite - please find something Communist in anything I have said. Please....

I know some here do not even know what it means so I will await an answer.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:04 AM   #38
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Good reading straight from the Communist Party USA website ....

http://www.cpusa.org/

Sounds allot like your statements test.... Again, please do not take this as an attack or a slam on you as it is not!

Again I say, when does diplomacy fail and action get taken? How long do we wait before taking action? Do we wait until it's too late and they have the power to reach out and touch us?

Diplomacy has failed in this instance.... It has been tried for years on end with no solution or change to the issue....

Kris

Last edited by LunkHead; 06-01-2009 at 09:06 AM..
Old 06-01-2009, 09:13 AM   #39
test54
BlackBerry Master

Lunk, your attempts to call me a Communist and then to say its not a slam or insult are funny at best. Still I see you have put none of my statements up as being communist but still insist continuing.

And again I say this situation needs to be resolved through diplomacy because it cannot / should not be solved militarily. To think that air strikes alone can solve the problem is ignorant. The best case scenario would still have special forces in to scout out the targets. Somewhat like the Israelis did in Syria. But guess what, the Syrians rebuilt and so would the North Koreans. And no there are not big enough bunker-busters to reach the deepest bunkers / underground facilities. Just look at Tora Bora, if we had a bomb to do it we would have used it.

Last edited by test54; 06-01-2009 at 09:20 AM..
Old 06-01-2009, 11:05 AM   #40
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by test54 View Post
And again I say this situation needs to be resolved through diplomacy because it cannot / should not be solved militarily. To think that air strikes alone can solve the problem is ignorant. The best case scenario would still have special forces in to scout out the targets. Somewhat like the Israelis did in Syria. But guess what, the Syrians rebuilt and so would the North Koreans. And no there are not big enough bunker-busters to reach the deepest bunkers / underground facilities. Just look at Tora Bora, if we had a bomb to do it we would have used it.
Its thinking like that will lead this country to its demise... If we continue to hug them, they will continue to build em, until they have achieved their goal. Once they get nukes that can reach the US its wide open for them to demand / threaten / and extort our nation... And they will do it...

If you want WW3, let NK get nukes and see where it leads us....

As to your point of having SF scout targets, yeehaw! We agree on that. As to the claim that they will rebuild, let them... We have plenty of bombs and can play their cat and mouse game for as long as they desire to act like fools...

You would believe that it can be resolved with diplomacy... How long has diplomacy been used and failed with NK? A long, long time... While we hug them they continue on with their goals / mission...

All more diplomacy does at this point is buying them more time... It has been tried and it has failed. For diplomacy to work you must be dealing with rational people... The NK leadership has proven this it is not...

Kris

Last edited by LunkHead; 06-01-2009 at 11:07 AM..
Closed Thread