BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 11:33 AM   #21
rifleman
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9780
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Please check your SIM card if it is loose. Also, you really need to do a wipe and switch to 4.5 OS, if you follow the directions carefully, an upgrade will take a little over an hour but a MUCH better OS. Try this first then we'll see if the problem persists.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:12 PM   #22
A10TXChick
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
PIN: Don't Use BB Messenger
Carrier: TMobile w/Unlimited Data Plan

mvincelli when did you have your curve sent? How did you go about getting a new one sent to you? I got my curve 8320 less than 2 months ago... I shouldn't be having any problems.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:34 PM   #23
monkeypaw
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: None
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by A10TXChick View Post
mvincelli when did you have your curve sent? How did you go about getting a new one sent to you? I got my curve 8320 less than 2 months ago... I shouldn't be having any problems.
To get a warranty exchange, call Tmobile and tell them you are having problems. They'll probably go through a lot of diagnosis/troubleshooting questions.

If at the end, the problem hasn't been fixed, they'll arrange a replacement. You'll have to pay shipping/handling of about $11.

But since your problem is something that you'll have to figure out by it not happening, it might take a few days before they're satisfied. As in you might have to do the things they say to do and then call back a few days later saying it rebooted again.

There is a chance they'll get it all done on the first call though.

I still think the best bet is to try the OS update first. The replacement will be a refurbished phone, not brand new. That's not necessarily a problem, but just be aware of that.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:16 AM   #24
txmx
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmo

Wirelessly posted

I'm still having the same problem! :( I tried what I was told ( reformated my SD card ) but didn't fix the problem,so now I'm going to get a new battery,not the regular one but the one that is supposed to be better than mine,hope this fix the problem :(
Old 02-20-2009, 12:48 PM   #25
mvincelli
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: 21F4CA69
Carrier: TMobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by A10TXChick View Post
My Curve was about 6 months old, I called after the problem kept happening, If you tell them you tried everything I said in my other post, they may just go ahead and send you a refurbished device. As monkeypaw said, try the OS upgrade first and if the problem does not go away, then contact T-Mobile. I hope you get it resolved.
Thanks!!

Last edited by mvincelli; 02-20-2009 at 12:49 PM..
Closed Thread