Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 07:09 PM   #1
bikerlbf

Model: 9330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Question Curve 9330 Battery Life

Please Login to Remove!

I'm averaging about 12-16 hours of battery life with moderate use and I just got 21 hours with slight use. Keep in mind that I have my facebook app running 24 hours a day and ran nimbuzz some. Those are the only 2 apps I have running. The first day I got about 16 hours out of the phone with semi-moderate use and had 25% charge when i plugged it back in, the 2nd day I got about 12 hours of use with about 25% charge when plugging it back in with moderate use. Now for the 3rd time I just got 21 hours out of the battery and it was at 15% when charging it back in. That was with light to semi-moderate use. Spent about 30-45 minutes on the phone, was on nimbuzz for about 30 minutes and downloaded a couple updates to the phone. No web browsing this last time and replying to a couple facebook posts on the phone. This is a new phone for me, and my very first smart phone and first time having internet access on a phone. Does the battery life seem about right?
Old 05-21-2011, 07:46 PM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: Curve 9330 Battery Life

About.

Battery life varies with numerous factors.

FYI try not to run the battery down unless you have to. Its is actually good for a Lithium Ion battery to top it off when you can. Charging it when you sleep would be a good thing to do.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:32 PM   #3
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Sounds great to me. Battery life depends on so many things. One point however, is do not let it get below 20% if at all possible as that can damage a lithium battery, especially if it happens several times.

From our FAQ: Maximum Battery Life - BlackBerryFAQ

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 05-22-2011, 05:21 AM   #4
bikerlbf

Ok I feel better knowing that both of you think my battery life is about right. I only let it get down that low to see what kind of life I was getting, now that I've accomplished that, I'll go to routine charging and should be able to make a full day without any problems, hopefully.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:25 AM   #5
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

The only time I've run into trouble is on those 17-18 hour days, like when your flight at noon is canceled and you get rebooked on the last flight out that night... So, carry your wall charger with you if it could turn out to be a day like that.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 05-23-2011, 02:12 PM   #6
fourstringfuror
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Q10
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
The only time I've run into trouble is on those 17-18 hour days, like when your flight at noon is canceled and you get rebooked on the last flight out that night... So, carry your wall charger with you if it could turn out to be a day like that.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
I like to carry two fully charged spares on me, charger or not. Recently I've taken to using my old 8330 as a battery charger at home.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:27 PM   #7
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

So that the point is not lost for the OP: The BlackBerry battery will get most people through most days. But you still have to plan for what if sometimes. Do what works for you, carry the charger or extra battery, or do both. A good feature of the BlackBerry is that a backup battery is an option.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:38 PM   #8
bikerlbf

Have anyone bought and used an extended battery for this model or similar blackberry to know if they're worth the price for the potential increase in battery life? Also are those batteries much thicker to where they would prevent you from carrying it in most normal holsters or clips for the phone?
Old 05-31-2011, 01:30 AM   #9
brandonaybar
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerlbf View Post
Have anyone bought and used an extended battery for this model or similar blackberry to know if they're worth the price for the potential increase in battery life? Also are those batteries much thicker to where they would prevent you from carrying it in most normal holsters or clips for the phone?

Hi ... new here ... I would think that the thicker, extended-life battery, which comes with an additional (seperate) case back (Seidio Innocell Extended Life Battery for BlackBerry Curve 8300, 8330 (Black) may still fit into a spring-lock case (being optimistic) since the extension of the case back that accomodates the thicker battery starts towards the bottom third (or bottom half) of the case back, and not the top. Otherwise, if you don't want to use one of these holsters/cases, you'd have to get another carrying case.

I use one of these Best-Buy/Platinum/PT cases.

Platinum Series - Case for BlackBerry 8330 Mobile Phones - Black - BAC29SB[/url]

(I don't have 15 posts yet, so the url may not appear). If not, here is the product info:
Platinum Series - Case for BlackBerry 8330 Mobile Phones - Black
Model: BAC29SB | SKU: 9540213

Hope this helps.

Brandon
Closed Thread