Old 03-26-2008, 11:58 PM   #1
blackmanbeatbopper
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7130e
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Bell Canada
Default 7130e Email Problems

Please Login to Remove!

Just got a Blackberry a couple days ago. The guy who used to have it I assume worked with a BES, and so never needed to set up personal accounts. I however, need to do so, and theres no icon or setup option in the setup wizard (which only appeared when I installed OS 4.2) to set up a personal account, theres only an option to connect to a BES.

I've noticed theres no Service Books on the handheld, and from what I've gathered this could be the cause of the problem. I originally had OS 4.1 on it, but I thought upgrading it to 4.2 might bring the default service books with it. Is this the cause? If so, is there any way to download and reinstall these packs. I've tried sending them through the Blackberry Internet Service console, but they never come. I only have an email + BBMS plan, so that is likely why the books never come through. Is there any other way to install them?

I thank you for any help.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:02 AM   #2
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmanbeatbopper View Post
Just got a Blackberry a couple days ago. The guy who used to have it I assume worked with a BES, and so never needed to set up personal accounts. I however, need to do so, and theres no icon or setup option in the setup wizard (which only appeared when I installed OS 4.2) to set up a personal account, theres only an option to connect to a BES.

I've noticed theres no Service Books on the handheld, and from what I've gathered this could be the cause of the problem. I originally had OS 4.1 on it, but I thought upgrading it to 4.2 might bring the default service books with it. Is this the cause? If so, is there any way to download and reinstall these packs. I've tried sending them through the Blackberry Internet Service console, but they never come. I only have an email + BBMS plan, so that is likely why the books never come through. Is there any other way to install them?

I thank you for any help.
I don't think the seller new what he was talking about.... BUT if you purchased a blackberry data plan you can access the BIS site via your PC. Create and account, entering your PIN and IMEI and you can then send the necessary service books to your handheld using your BIS account.

This might help:

General BIS FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ

Good Luck!

E-

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Old 03-27-2008, 12:11 AM   #3
blackmanbeatbopper

Thanks for your response.

I do have a BIS account, and I have tried sending the servie books to my phone, but they never show up (I'm looking in Options/Advanced Options/Service Book). Is there anything else I have to do? Or is it because I have a strictly email plan that I can't recieve the books?
Old 03-27-2008, 12:29 AM   #4
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Quote:
Thanks for your response.

I do have a BIS account, and I have tried sending the servie books to my phone, but they never show up (I'm looking in Options/Advanced Options/Service Book). Is there anything else I have to do? Or is it because I have a strictly email plan that I can't recieve the books?
I am not familiar with the Canadian plans. I am presuming that if you have a BIS account that you have a BB Data Plan. Are you sure the PIN and IMEI are correct on the account settings? I would double check. I would then try a battery pull, then update your HRT, Menu>Options>Advanced>Host Routing Tables>Menu>Register Now. Resend the service books.

What does your service indicate? EDGE, GPRS?

Old 03-27-2008, 08:39 AM   #5
blackmanbeatbopper

My plan provides me with unlimited email, but no data feature, so I can't use the browser, etc. I will try the battery pull, HRT update, and then resending the service books. Bell is CDMA, and I have several bars of service and the "1x" indicator
Old 03-27-2008, 08:49 AM   #6
patros

Model: 8310
Carrier: Vodafone

I had a similar problem when I got mine. The problem was not with the service book for email settings but the service book to enable it to use the MMS, etc. I had to contact my phone company and they sent the service book to enable my phone to talk on the data network (?) to enable it to receive the email service book.

P.S. I have an unlimited email plan and no data plan as well.

Last edited by patros; 03-27-2008 at 08:50 AM.. Reason: p.s.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:07 AM   #7
blackmanbeatbopper

Ok, so I guess I'll have to call them and get them to send these service books. Thanks.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:32 AM   #8
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Quote:
Ok, so I guess I'll have to call them and get them to send these service books. Thanks.
Please report back and let us know that they say. I am very curious.

Good Luck!

E-

Old 03-27-2008, 04:49 PM   #9
blackmanbeatbopper

I called them today, and I had to enable a data plan so I could recieve my service books like I suspected. I added the plan, waited a few minutes, sent the service books again and wham, within a couple minutes my HH was updating like a maniac. Now my email is running perfectly, so I've called and cancelled my data plan and gone back to my unlimited email plan. Running like a charm.
Thanks for all your advice and help.
Closed Thread