BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 09:51 AM   #1
vincentnyc
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t
Default so when will at&t officially release the latest os for curve?

Please Login to Remove!

bold is about to be out...so when is at&t releasing the latest os for the curve? i'm running beta os 4.5.0.37. what is the latest beta version and what features does it have that i dont?

fyi...i have video recording and can watch youtube now on my curve...but that's is basically it with my beta os.

if there isn't major improvement..then i guess i just still with my beta and will never upgrade to the latest os cuz i dont want to fried my sim card or fubar my curve.

Last edited by vincentnyc; 10-23-2008 at 01:15 PM..
Old 10-23-2008, 09:58 AM   #2
soupandsandwich

There's carrier released versions of 4.5 which are much newer than what you have now.
Use this one:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...languages.html

Last edited by soupandsandwich; 10-23-2008 at 10:03 AM..

Old 10-23-2008, 10:02 AM   #3
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

Wirelessly posted (off to see the wizard)

Your guess is good as ours as to when ATT will release it
Old 10-23-2008, 10:24 AM   #4
vincentnyc
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupandsandwich View Post
There's carrier released versions of 4.5 which are much newer than what you have now.
Use this one:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...languages.html
well it maybe newer..but what major improvement are there? i already can do video recording and watch youtube on my curve w/ my beta os. i'm trying to see what are the pros...if it ain't worth my time..i'm not gonna waste my time upgrading it to get new os just to get a new background theme or ringtones.

so u know the old saying....if it ain't broke..don't fix.

Last edited by vincentnyc; 10-23-2008 at 10:26 AM..
Old 10-23-2008, 10:28 AM   #5
soupandsandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentnyc View Post
well it maybe newer..but what major improvement are there? i already can do video recording and watch youtube on my curve w/ my beta os. i'm trying to see what are the pros...if it ain't worth my time..i'm not gonna waste my time upgrading it to get new background theme or new ringtones.

Bug fixes, improved stability, improved battery life... that's about it. There's no new features, if that's what you are asking.

(And I don't believe that old saying.)

Old 10-23-2008, 10:40 AM   #6
bakerfall
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
well it maybe newer..but what major improvement are there? i already can do video recording and watch youtube on my curve w/ my beta os. i'm trying to see what are the pros...if it ain't worth my time..i'm not gonna waste my time upgrading it to get new os just to get a new background theme or ringtones.

4.5.0.81 is the latest released OS and is much more stable than .37
Old 10-23-2008, 10:46 AM   #7
coldconfession13
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9550
PIN: 30fd8208
Carrier: Verizon

att will release .93

http://www.blackberryfaq.com
Old 10-23-2008, 11:13 AM   #8
vincentnyc
CrackBerry Addict

i dont buy stability....i mean before i upgraded my beta os...the number of time it crashes and needed to reboot is about the same as after i upgraded my os to beta 37. same with battery life. where you guys getting your source it is more "stable" or "longer battery life." rimm just mention these features and you guy just accept it? did any1 of you do an independent test to test out these "theory?" so i dont want to waste my time this time. thx but no thx.

Last edited by vincentnyc; 10-23-2008 at 01:25 PM..
Old 10-23-2008, 11:17 AM   #9
soupandsandwich

Suit yourself.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:54 PM   #10
bakerfall
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000

Quote:
i dont buy stability....i mean i before i upgraded my beta os...the number of time it crashes and needed to reboot is about the same as after i upgraded my os to beta 37. so i dont want to waste my time this time. thx but no thx.
If you don't care about upgrading, then why did you start a thread asking when ATT will release 4.5? If you aren't going to upgrade, it doesn't matter
Old 10-23-2008, 01:13 PM   #11
vincentnyc
CrackBerry Addict

i was asking if there are any major improvements. like for example before i upgraded to beta on my curve...i couldn't do video recording or watch youtube or listen to internet radio...but now i can. to me...that is a major improvement.

but if the upgrade is basically just newer wallpaper, ringtones, "stability", "longer battery life." then that aint my cup of tea...i read thru the various posts on the beta forum and some have totally fubar their bb with the upgrade...i dont want to take a chance and brick my curve when it is working fine and dandy and its just "cosmetic" upgrade.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:35 PM   #12
soupandsandwich

Quote:
i was asking if there are any major improvements. like for example before i upgraded to beta on my curve...i couldn't do video recording or watch youtube or listen to internet radio...but now i can. to me...that is a major improvement.

but if the upgrade is basically just newer wallpaper, ringtones, "stability", "longer battery life." then that aint my cup of tea...i read thru the various posts on the beta forum and some have totally fubar their bb with the upgrade...i dont want to take a chance and brick my curve when it is working fine and dandy and its just "cosmetic" upgrade.
Even when AT&T releases theirs, it won't have any different features than what you have now. It will, however, have stability improvement, bug fixes, battery life improvement, etc.

If you're scared of upgrading because you read a few horror story posts from some inexperienced users who didn't know what they were doing, well that's just silly.
This is largely a tech support forum, and people typically post here when they're having problems.
If everyone posted their success stories as well, then you'd see that they FAR outweigh the negative posts.
You don't go to the emergency room of a hospital to draw the conclusion that an entire population of people are sick because of a few injured folks in the ER.

Last edited by soupandsandwich; 10-23-2008 at 03:38 PM..

Old 10-23-2008, 03:53 PM   #13
CO_BBTechie
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

There are "officially released" versions of 4.5 well past your .37 beta release. People who stay on Beta versions are suckers asking for trouble. Your beta release was just that... beta... because of issues including instability.

Also, please do some homework and don't expect people to outline all the differences in the version you have vs. what is currently available. All that information is there if you review all the posts in the beta forum for your device. It's trial and error my friend. Only YOU can prevent beta abuse
Old 10-23-2008, 04:09 PM   #14
coldconfession13
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9550
PIN: 30fd8208
Carrier: Verizon

Wirelessly posted

.93 > .37

http://www.blackberryfaq.com
Old 10-23-2008, 04:09 PM   #15
NCBuckeye
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Bold
PIN: 4.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_BBTechie View Post
There are "officially released" versions of 4.5 well past your .37 beta release. People who stay on Beta versions are suckers asking for trouble. Your beta release was just that... beta... because of issues including instability.

Also, please do some homework and don't expect people to outline all the differences in the version you have vs. what is currently available. All that information is there if you review all the posts in the beta forum for your device. It's trial and error my friend. Only YOU can prevent beta abuse
I disagree, Betas are the same versions when they are offically released so your point is not correct about people with betas.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:14 PM   #16
CO_BBTechie
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBuckeye View Post
I disagree, Betas are the same versions when they are offically released so your point is not correct about people with betas.
Uh huh... DID they ever officially release that version?? Not to my knowledge they didn't. You're technically correct in that once a release is officially adopted by a carrier it's no longer considered a beta. However, some of those earlier releases that were adopted never should have been, as they still had bugs.

And how thoughtful for you to come in and contribute your disagreement to this thread, being your first contribution... have you anything helpful to add?

Last edited by CO_BBTechie; 10-23-2008 at 04:16 PM..
Closed Thread