Old 04-03-2009, 11:00 AM   #1
zkroll

Model: 9500
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default I've grown extremely frustrated with this phone

Please Login to Remove!

Hello all, first time poster.

I'm kind of on the fence with my storm. There are some things I really like, and somethings I REALLY dislike. I have a feeling that with an upgrade of software, most of the issues will go away (such as lag, which should never happen with a 2 week old device, shame on whomever is responsible).

I hate some of the call features, like having a mute button conveniently placed right where my cheek rests on the display (great idea on RIM's part).

But my main issue (and this is extremely annoying), is the message folder. I have an email folder, a folder for texts, why on earth do I need another folder that is a combination of the two. I don't want to have to sort through all the crap that goes into that folder (missed calls, etc) to get my message counter to 0.

Please, someone, tell me there is a way of deleting this folder, and not having to go through it to clear my message counter. If there isn't, I might have to return this phone. It's literally driving me mad.

Other then that, the phone is cool. The app world seems like it takes up a lot of system resources, so I'm gonna stay away from that.

I do hope there is a solution to the message folder problem. Just for the record, I don't want it to be anywhere on my phone (meaning, hiding it, or blocking it out won't do). I have no idea why they would put this on the phone (seems absolutely idiotic).
Old 04-03-2009, 11:05 AM   #2
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Are you referring the the "Messages" Folder? That is a catch all folder, it will catch all incoming email messages (from any account), SMS, MMS, Calls, PIN messages, etc. You can hide this icon, but not delete it.

You can separate SMS from this by going to Messages > Options > General Options > SMS & Email = Separate.

You can separate phone logs from showing there also by going to Call Log (green key) > Options > Call Logging > None.

As for the mute button, there is a fix for that here :
http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...-face-fix.html
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Old 04-03-2009, 11:07 AM   #3
zkroll

Model: 9500
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Alright, well that is definitely better then nothing.

Appreciate the help.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:36 AM   #4
robotpedlr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

plus you can "HIDE" the extra mail folder if you only want to see one. I have 4 email accounts and hide all the folders except the one main (catch all) mail folder... works great...and yes, as stated above, seperate SMS and turn off call log stuff in your mail folder... with some feature management up front... the issues you mentioned go away.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:53 PM   #5
ocgreenmachine
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: verizon BIS

You can separate your "catch-all" mailbox into "SMS" and "Email" by going to options in your message folder and changing it to separate mailboxes. That will give you one box for sms messages and one box for mailboxes... then hide your individual email message boxes and just use the combined email box... confused much?

Also for your face-muting, you can also use "talklock". It was free before, might cost a little now with Appworld. Has a slider that you have to slide your finger over before it unlocks.
Closed Thread