mic6
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: wind gr

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin View Post
Installed it last night and played around with it for a bit.. Nothing noticeably different than from the last leak except I got my lock icon back without having to password protect my BB. Will play around with it more today to see if I can find anything different.
you said you got your lock icon back??? are you sure
Old 02-28-2010, 08:36 PM   #22
Lemo
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
Carrier: Optus

I have been running this beta for almost 24hrs and the only issue I have noticed so far is that it will drop WiFi connections every now and then.

I've roamed into three different WiFi areas (that are already set to auto connect) and they initially connect without issue, however they sometimes drop out while I'm in range and the WiFi internet connection is lost (WiFi logo turns to gray). I can get it to reconnect by turning WiFi off and back on, or by trying to browse a web page with the internet browser set to "Hotspot Browser" (it initially tells me it can't connect to the internet, then the WiFi log lights back up and it's right to use again).

I was hoping the WiFi issues in this release may have been resolved... but it doesn't look like it
Old 02-28-2010, 08:37 PM   #23
the-economist
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
Carrier: Vodafone Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley123b View Post
i need the wep code for a bold plz i really need it thanks
WEP passwords are not device-specific. WEP is a wireless authentication mechanism. The password is specific to the Access Point you connect too. Do you own the network you're trying to connect? If you do check the documentation of your access point how to setup the password. If you dont own the network talk to whomever manages the service you're trying to use.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:39 PM   #24
darkie

Model: 9000
Carrier: Telcel

Hey, I'm having an issue with this leak, I can't seem to find the notepad nor the password keeper, any ideas where are these two applications now? I backed up my phone before installing and reloaded all data, and I can't find the notepad with all my notes and the password keeper with my saved passwords :'(
Please help me with this issue, please !!!!
Old 02-28-2010, 09:51 PM   #25
Lemo

Carrier: Optus

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkie View Post
Hey, I'm having an issue with this leak, I can't seem to find the notepad nor the password keeper, any ideas where are these two applications now? I backed up my phone before installing and reloaded all data, and I can't find the notepad with all my notes and the password keeper with my saved passwords :'(
Please help me with this issue, please !!!!
I can't say I've encountered this problem with my install, however I am also running on a BES and BIS account.

Are you running on a BES?

If not try doing an "Advanced Backup/Restore" with the BB Desktop. I've sometimes had to do this in the past to restore individual records for SMS's.

Also check that the update didn't uninstall it (Options > Application > Third Party App's > Search for "MemoPad"), if it's not listed as installed you may need to reinstall it from the firmware download.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:53 PM   #26
Shaolin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic6 View Post
you said you got your lock icon back??? are you sure
Nope.. you're right.. it still requires a password.. my bad.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:10 AM   #27
astrodancer

Model: 8110
Carrier: att

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemo View Post
Wirelessly posted

It would be good to know if they have fixed the auto connect with wifi, that was a big issue for me.
I was for me also and yes it is fixed. This is a good update and I recommend it.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:15 AM   #28
MaxPayne79
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 2165f8ed
Carrier: Fido

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-economist View Post
You have 24 apps installed in total or 24 apps running at the same time? Because with 24 apps in the background even if half of them are net-chatty you're looking at single digits battery time.
no. im running 9 in the background. I have 24 installed all together. I don't think the phone could handle 24 apps running at the same time, lol.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:53 AM   #29
darkie

Carrier: Telcel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemo View Post
I can't say I've encountered this problem with my install, however I am also running on a BES and BIS account.

Are you running on a BES?

If not try doing an "Advanced Backup/Restore" with the BB Desktop. I've sometimes had to do this in the past to restore individual records for SMS's.

Also check that the update didn't uninstall it (Options > Application > Third Party App's > Search for "MemoPad"), if it's not listed as installed you may need to reinstall it from the firmware download.
No I'm not running BES, just BIS, and btw, I for sure will try to do an Advances Backup/Restore with those two application, perhaps i'm missing something more that i havent noticed, hahaha
thanks for your help !
Old 03-01-2010, 10:13 PM   #30
Solarplexxus

Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkie View Post
Hey, I'm having an issue with this leak, I can't seem to find the notepad nor the password keeper, any ideas where are these two applications now?
I found notepad in the Applications folder after install.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:15 PM   #31
Solarplexxus

Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin View Post
Nope.. you're right.. it still requires a password.. my bad.
Locking the keypad does not require a password. Pressing "A" and holding will lock the phone and require the Mute key to be pressed to unlock. SECURING the phone still requires a password.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:06 PM   #32
Alfons1

Carrier: Globe Telecom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarplexxus View Post
I found notepad in the Applications folder after install.
Password keeper is in the Applications folder as well.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:21 PM   #33
jimfraser
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Q10
Carrier: Rogers

Downloaded and installed .509 yesterday. First time I have installed a beta OS. Went like all the rest.
If anything, the installation of the OS 5s together with BES initialization seems to go quicker than 4.6. Can't say I have noticed much difference from the latest official OS 5. Still have issues with wall paper and still takes up about 10 mb more that 4.6.
Still have issues with PocketDay not scrolling down until a key is pressed (the same issue no matter what OS 5 version I use - not present with 4.6). Must be a PocketDay issue which has not been fixed rather than an issue with OS 5.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:43 PM   #34
s0dhi

Model: 8310
Carrier: Rogers

I'm having an issue where voice is garbled on incoming calls while using 3G. It happens as frequently as it did on 464.

Are others having the same issue?
Old 03-02-2010, 06:46 PM   #35
celly
Thumbs Must Hurt

What I love so far about this build is it has a smaller footprint on my Bold than .464 and memory leak seems to be much smaller. So far, so good.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:28 AM   #36
Shaolin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0dhi View Post
I'm having an issue where voice is garbled on incoming calls while using 3G. It happens as frequently as it did on 464.

Are others having the same issue?
Hit and miss for me. I've had more clear calls than garbled calls though. I didn't have this problem at 464 so I don't know if it's the OS or the carrier.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:56 AM   #37
carolinaberry

Carrier: at&t
Question

About the fluttering voice issue, can anyone say from experience if the other party hears your voice the same way that you hear theirs?

I've had this show up on only a few calls so far, but if I knew that the other party was hearing the same, I'd have to downgrade the OS. Need the phone function too much to risk the embarrassment. Thanks.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:47 PM   #38
Wavester
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: the tail on a donkey
Carrier: T-Mobile

The fluttering voice is an issue with this and the previous release for me. I am unaware if it is the network or OS. There are times when the other party has told me they hear it and there are times when it is only on my end or they are being polite. It's unpredictable to predict but I would say it happens at least once a day.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:28 PM   #39
Bulkhead

Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinaberry View Post
About the fluttering voice issue, can anyone say from experience if the other party hears your voice the same way that you hear theirs?

I've had this show up on only a few calls so far, but if I knew that the other party was hearing the same, I'd have to downgrade the OS. Need the phone function too much to risk the embarrassment. Thanks.

I have this issue as well on a prior version of the OS. It developed over time. I hit the speakerphone button and then hit it again.

That fixes it for me. Not a big enough deal for me to go back to 4.6.xxx

I'm going to apply this update this weekend. I am hoping that there is an enhancement to the radio file or some other magic fix for dropped calls. My phone drops calls as it attempts to handshake between 2g and 3g.

I leave my phone in 2g mode so I don't drop 20 times per day...

Seriously pisses me off dropping calls constantly...
Old 03-03-2010, 02:58 PM   #40
Raptor464
Kid Tested. Mom Approved.

PIN: eapple under the sea
Carrier: T-mobile USA

Officially released by Wind Hellas:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...-new-post.html

Lets keep all discussion in that thread thanks!
Closed Thread