Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 06:24 PM   #1
xyrcncp
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon
Default Email delay today?

Please Login to Remove!

Anyone experiencing delays in receiving emails today? A friend of mine originally emailed me at 3:14pm today and several times since then, I've been running errands after work so I didn't look at my BB much. I JUST received the email from 3:14pm on my BB and I've had reception the whole time. I'm on T-Mo on a 7100t.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:01 AM   #2
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyrcncp
Anyone experiencing delays in receiving emails today? A friend of mine originally emailed me at 3:14pm today and several times since then, I've been running errands after work so I didn't look at my BB much. I JUST received the email from 3:14pm on my BB and I've had reception the whole time. I'm on T-Mo on a 7100t.
Please do a search. There are at least 4 threads on email delays already. Maybe a moderator can close this thread.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:40 PM   #3
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbuser2323
Hey everyone. I'm a blackberry user just like you who's been having delays receiving my e-mails since I 'mistakenly' upgraded to 2.0. My e-mails have been coming in anywhere from 30 minutes to 5 hours late depending on the time of day. Usually peak hours is when it's at its worst. I've had numerous phone calls with Cingular and RIM, and they keep insisting that they will absolutely not downgrade me to 1.8, and not only that, but there is NO WAY for them to do it even if they wanted to. I sort of believe them, but it didn't matter if they were telling the truth, because they said that is their policy and there's nothing to talk about. They just want me to open a ticket with RIM and we all know how that goes...

I'm proud to say that yesterday I found a way to convert back to 1.8. It is not supported by any carrier, or by RIM. Literally seconds after I downgraded, my e-mails started flying in immediately after the sender sent them. Needless to say, I was very happy.

This process is not something that I am willing to disclose publicly, and it takes time to get it done. I am willing to offer my services and do it for you people who need it, for a small fee. For more info, you can e-mail me at [email address].

This process of downgrading to 1.8 from 2.0 has been confirmed to work with Cingular, Verizon, Nextel and Sprint. It DOES NOT work with T-Mobile, as they are exclusively 2.0. I don't know if it works on any other networks, but I imagine it does, unless that network is a division of T-Mobile.

Feel free to contact me with any questions at the special e-mail address I set up for this service - [email address].

I guarantee to get your blackberry down to version 1.8 or your money back!
As much as I would like to have this resolved (started on June 12), I would not be willing to downgrade especially at a cost. RIM will get this fixed and those who are on/downgrade to BIS 1.8 will someday find their service gone.... RIM will delete all BIS 1.8 hosted service within the next few months (once this is finally resolved). Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:51 AM   #4
paulbblc
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: ip 3g
PIN: 8675309

Although I don't believe they will delete 1.8 since Cingular still will allow you to skip the "upgrade" however I will not be paying for the info to downgrade. That's not what this community is about.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:51 AM   #5
paulbblc
Retired BBF Moderator

If you're on Cingular and want the info to downgrade PIN me and I'll let you know.

20386A62

Last edited by paulbblc; 07-20-2006 at 01:01 AM..
Old 07-20-2006, 01:14 AM   #6
byron
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7250
Carrier: VZW

i can't believe someone would have the nerve to put a post in here with a solution... and ask for money. you've really got a lot of nerve bbuser2323. i will deal with email delays from now until eternity before i pay some dirtbag for a "how to" that is probably BS to begin with.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:05 PM   #7
likefre
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
Carrier: TMO

The way I did it the day after BIS 2.0 was launched by cingular,
You have to talk to tech support chat
(support.cingular.com)
Ask them to delete your bis account including your username (so you can use it again), dont tell them you are going back to 1.8!
After that, register via this site on 1.8
https://webclient.blackberry.net/Web...ite=mycingular
This info is free of charge only today!
Old 07-20-2006, 05:05 PM   #8
likefre
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
Carrier: TMO

sorry bbuser2323
Old 07-20-2006, 05:25 PM   #9
paulbblc
Retired BBF Moderator

aye that is the way I did it as well. I didn't want to post it though in case someone from Cingular saw it and wanted to do something about it. Although I'm not quite sure what they could do.
Closed Thread