Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
wawasteele
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile US
Default donotreply@blackberry.com password issue

Please Login to Remove!

Late last night I received an email from [email address] saying I needed to update my password for a yahoo account I have in the BIS service! (The ! was in the email.) It went on to say that emails to that account were not being sent to my BB. To resume receiving emails, I had to go through a few steps.

Now the really strange thing is that shortly before and after I received that message, I received emails on the yahoo account just fine on my BB. I never did anything about changing any password last night. I was going to check into today and I found that is/was working correctly.

The other strange thing about that email, is that I can't forward it to my main gmail account on my PC. I just keep getting a red X when trying to forward it. I can send and forward other emails just fine. It doesn't show in my yahoo account online either.

So, does anyone know why I got that? Or what it is?
Old 06-18-2009, 11:44 PM   #2
monkeypaw
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: None
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

It happens once in a while. Must have been a server outage at Yahoo. I got this related to an Earthlink account once, but everything was fine. Then when I really canceled the account the same message showed up. But this time it was legitimate.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:00 AM   #3
wawasteele
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile US

Thank you monkeypaw. If it's nothing to be concerned about, that's great! I had a problem with T-Mobile last week sending me a txt saying my account password had been changed when it hadn't. (Although, it sure has been now! LOL) I called and verified it was just a glitch in their system. But both things happening within a week, just made me a tad bit nervous.

Thanks again.
Closed Thread