numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: 20FA40E8
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MVPlaya View Post
Weren't you bashing the iPhone not too long ago? Not just bashing but you were an all out, **** IPHONES ...wasn't that you?

lol @ 2x faster on the iPhone...
Yes I was actually. Then I took the time to really get to know one. I was slow at first, then slowly got used to it. And when I started to trust the correction I got fast. On the BB I was quick, about 30 wpm. On the iPhone I can hit buttons very accurately, but move quicker because of absolutely no pressure. My hand eye coordination is suppurb, maybe that has something to do with it. And, I watched a lady type close to my full keyboard typing speed. This is being typed on the iPhone btw.

http://www.facebook.com/numetheus
Old 02-19-2008, 02:30 AM   #62
zkyevolved
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: 25707D3B
Carrier: Vodafone

Quote:
Originally Posted by numetheus View Post
My hand eye coordination is suppurb, maybe that has something to do with it.
CONCEITED!!! Loool. Just kidding. I think it's easier to type on a "feed back" device where you can feel what your pressing. OK, there's no doubt that you could memorize where the keys are, and then eventually know where you're hitting, but I dunno .... I wouldn't mind typing on a buttonless keypad, but I'd prefer the feedback of knowing where the buttons are (Hyptics maybe?). But there is an attractive thing about touchscreens.... IT'S A FULL SCREEN!!!! Imagine a blackberry with A FULL SCREEN! That would rule :P. Mayble a flip out keyboard I'd go for that! Ideas?
Old 02-19-2008, 02:34 AM   #63
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Quote:
Yes I was actually. Then I took the time to really get to know one. I was slow at first, then slowly got used to it. And when I started to trust the correction I got fast. On the BB I was quick, about 30 wpm. On the iPhone I can hit buttons very accurately, but move quicker because of absolutely no pressure. My hand eye coordination is suppurb, maybe that has something to do with it. And, I watched a lady type close to my full keyboard typing speed. This is being typed on the iPhone btw.
so you are saying you type 4 characters per second on the iPhone with 0 errors? i fnd that VERY hard to believe. most people cannot type that fast on a full computer keyboard let alone a mobile device. Statistically the iPhone is the worst of the PDA devices in terms of typing speed and accuracy. obviously there are some abberrations to this, but to be able to type that much faster I would have to see to believe. 60wpm on any mobile device is nearly inconceivable. As to a touchscreen BB with a full screen, i think the half vga screen on the rumored 9000 series is more than enough. Keep in mind that larger screen with higher resolution will use more battery life than other devices.

Last edited by Sith_Apprentice; 02-19-2008 at 02:36 AM..
Old 02-19-2008, 02:58 AM   #64
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
so you are saying you type 4 characters per second on the iPhone with 0 errors? i fnd that VERY hard to believe. most people cannot type that fast on a full computer keyboard let alone a mobile device. Statistically the iPhone is the worst of the PDA devices in terms of typing speed and accuracy. obviously there are some abberrations to this, but to be able to type that much faster I would have to see to believe. 60wpm on any mobile device is nearly inconceivable. As to a touchscreen BB with a full screen, i think the half vga screen on the rumored 9000 series is more than enough. Keep in mind that larger screen with higher resolution will use more battery life than other devices.
So just because you can't do it, it means nobody else can? Go to youtube and search for iPhone typing speed and watch lots of people type. I know a lady that can type over 45 wpm on her iPhone, and you can watch people do it on youtube. I can guarantee that I can type faster on my iPhone than I can on my 8310. On my 8310 I am around 30+ and on this thing I am faster. The touch screen on this thing cannot be compared to any other touch screen on any other device now, or that has ever been produced. Go on youtube and look for yourself, and realize your inability to type on iPhone is YOUR inability that does not reflect everyone.

Old 02-19-2008, 03:01 AM   #65
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Quote:
So just because you can't do it, it means nobody else can? Go to youtube and search for iPhone typing speed and watch lots of people type. I know a lady that can type over 45 wpm on her iPhone, and you can watch people do it on youtube. I can guarantee that I can type faster on my iPhone than I can on my 8310. On my 8310 I am around 30+ and on this thing I am faster. The touch screen on this thing cannot be compared to any other touch screen on any other device now, or that has ever been produced. Go on youtube and look for yourself, and realize your inability to type on iPhone is YOUR inability that does not reflect everyone.

never a question on if i can do it or not. i never mentioned my ability to type 60wpm. I said I would have to see it to believe it. I have known hundreds of people in the mobile phone business, and have not seen a single person that can type that fast on a mobile device. You said you can type twice as fast on the iPhone as your BB, if you can type 30wpm on the BB, that means 60 on the iPhone.

Let me correct myself, you said 30+ on your 8310, and twice as fast on your iPhone. so we will do the whole gambit. 30-39 on the 8310 = 60-78wpm on the iphone.

Last edited by Sith_Apprentice; 02-19-2008 at 03:05 AM..
Old 02-19-2008, 03:03 AM   #66
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkyevolved View Post
CONCEITED!!! Loool. Just kidding. I think it's easier to type on a "feed back" device where you can feel what your pressing. OK, there's no doubt that you could memorize where the keys are, and then eventually know where you're hitting, but I dunno .... I wouldn't mind typing on a buttonless keypad, but I'd prefer the feedback of knowing where the buttons are (Hyptics maybe?). But there is an attractive thing about touchscreens.... IT'S A FULL SCREEN!!!! Imagine a blackberry with A FULL SCREEN! That would rule :P. Mayble a flip out keyboard I'd go for that! Ideas?
I agree haptics would make it better. I go back and forth between this and my 8310. Its weird because I get used to typing with absolutely no pressure. When I go to BB, the keys feel heavy. LOL. One plus about the BB though, is that I can type better drunk on it! LOL. I gave taken iPhone to clubs, and by middle of night my fast iPhone typing starts to look like a mix of letters because my fingers slide.

Old 02-19-2008, 03:08 AM   #67
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
never a question on if i can do it or not. i never mentioned my ability to type 60wpm. I said I would have to see it to believe it. I have known hundreds of people in the mobile phone business, and have not seen a single person that can type that fast on a mobile device. You said you can type twice as fast on the iPhone as your BB, if you can type 30wpm on the BB, that means 60 on the iPhone.
Ok well maybe not double. I can type as fast as my brother on a full keyboard and that is around 49 wpm. Go on youtube and watch people type faster than that. Its very possible on iPhone i do it all the time. I'm just not as fast as some people I have seen in person and on videos.

Old 02-19-2008, 03:10 AM   #68
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Quote:
Ok well maybe not double. I can type as fast as my brother on a full keyboard and that is around 49 wpm. Go on youtube and watch people type faster than that. Its very possible on iPhone i do it all the time. I'm just not as fast as some people I have seen in person and on videos.
49 i wouldnt doubt, though doing some quick google searching looks like the average is around 30-35wpm with 1-3 errors. 49 puts you squarely above average in terms of mobile typing speed, and a hair below average for a full keyboard.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:23 AM   #69
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
49 i wouldnt doubt, though doing some quick google searching looks like the average is around 30-35wpm with 1-3 errors. 49 puts you squarely above average in terms of mobile typing speed, and a hair below average for a full keyboard.
All I can say is search youtube for some above 40 wpm iphone typing and some above 50. Yes I hit a few keys wrong. I just did a "this is a test of the emergency broadcasting system" test and I think I hit 2 wrong keys. But I never had to backspace once because it automatically corrected my typing. I just kept going. Most people type slow because they don't trust it and backspace everytime they hit a wrong letter. That always slows them down.

I'm not trying to prove anything other than "its a touchscreen so typing must be slow" mentality is completely wrong. Thats like some people I have talked to have said that suretype is slow because you don't have all the keys. But I can type just as fast on suretype with my pearl. Should I start saying suretype sucks just because some people don't like it? Some mods here swear by it and say its just as fast. I do to, but not all.

Old 02-19-2008, 03:27 AM   #70
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Quote:
All I can say is search youtube for some above 40 wpm iphone typing and some above 50. Yes I hit a few keys wrong. I just did a "this is a test of the emergency broadcasting system" test and I think I hit 2 wrong keys. But I never had to backspace once because it automatically corrected my typing. I just kept going. Most people type slow because they don't trust it and backspace everytime they hit a wrong letter. That always slows them down.

I'm not trying to prove anything other than "its a touchscreen so typing must be slow" mentality is completely wrong. Thats like some people I have talked to have said that suretype is slow because you don't have all the keys. But I can type just as fast on suretype with my pearl. Should I start saying suretype sucks just because some people don't like it? Some mods here swear by it and say its just as fast. I do to, but not all.
not saying it must be slow because it is a touch screen, just saying statistically the tests that have been done, have touchscreens, specifically the iPhone finishing at the bottom of the pile.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:37 AM   #71
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
not saying it must be slow because it is a touch screen, just saying statistically the tests that have been done, have touchscreens, specifically the iPhone finishing at the bottom of the pile.
Good thing I don't care about statistics. I just know I'm faster than most people I know that are on BB with my iPhone and that is all that matters. Statistics mean absolutely nothing. I love both my BB and this iPhone I type on now. I used to bash it hard, as people here know. When it comes down to it, my BB is a far better work machine and my iphone is far better at everything else. As far as I see it, they are two devices made for two markets and i don't get why people compare them as much as they do.

Where BB sucks iPhone excels. And where iphone sucks BB excels. So I have both.

Old 02-19-2008, 10:20 AM   #72
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkyevolved View Post
I haven't used IR since 2002! What do you use it for? Lol.
Supra Locks. Well, I don't use it but it's why a lot of real estate agents have preferred the Treo. That said, I don't see IR on a future BB.

Last edited by takeshi; 02-19-2008 at 10:23 AM..
Old 02-19-2008, 10:21 AM   #73
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi View Post
Supra Locks. Well, I don't use it but it's why a lot of real estate agents have preferred the Treo.
only because they dont want the expense of switching to a bluetooth enabled lock-box. those ones work with the blackberry and have since the 7520 days.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:06 PM   #74
jacobsaa
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: N/A
Carrier: The New AT&T

All I can say is that the touch screens would be a bad move. Im hoping they stick to the keyboard. When time is of the essence, touch screens aren't the best option.

Politicin' 24/7
Old 02-19-2008, 01:17 PM   #75
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Spy shots?

Here you go...

Old 02-19-2008, 01:19 PM   #76
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

clearly photoshopped... i see no birds flying backwards and upside down. i call fake!

Last edited by Sith_Apprentice; 02-24-2008 at 07:39 PM..
Old 02-24-2008, 07:36 PM   #77
SheepDog
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
PIN: ask if you need it
Carrier: Sprint

suppurb?

your iPhone 9000 words per minute isnt much of a spell checker!
Old 02-25-2008, 12:04 AM   #78
betterlate1
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
PIN: 20F3519A
Carrier: Non-Smoking AT&T

Quote:
i dont think ive used IR since i got rid of my Palms. Never really saw a use for being a few inches away from something, to a few feet. Bluetooth is alot better, 30-150ft is nice.
You never wanted to use your phone as a tv remote?
Old 02-25-2008, 12:04 AM   #79
n4rb
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: SunCom

worth a look? has this been mentioned? (sorry, im tired)

RIM prepping 3G, iPhone-fighting BlackBerry 9000/9xxx?
Old 02-25-2008, 12:07 AM   #80
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterlate1 View Post
You never wanted to use your phone as a tv remote?
slingbox on my phone is much more important. if i am close enough to use my BB as a TV remote via IR, why not just use a TV remote?
Closed Thread