Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 01:29 PM   #1
yahtzee
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint
Default Facebook notification questions

Please Login to Remove!

I have a 9650 and had switched to an EVO. I am now back on the 9650 yet can't get my notifications set up correctly. I don't like having the notifications show up in the actual FB app so i turned that off. I also have the FB messages box checked within the app.. When I get a notification I get an email to my gmail account my bb...this is ok but before I moved to the EVO I was getting notifications in my email yet they had little blue icons beside the message and I could act on them from that message (not by clicking a link and going to FB website)...any suggestions? I am on 6.0.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:29 PM   #2
given2fly
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9900
PIN: me down & ride me
Carrier: woof, woof
Default Re: Facebook notification questions

I'm confused as to what ur question is but if I'm reading it correctly, u want only emails coming in onto ur blackberry and not ur gmail account. Anything to do with facebook and emails, ur gonna have to manually turn them on at facebook.com cause emails no longer get pushed automatically to ur blackberry. Or they shouldn't. You may also want to change ur facebook email and use the same email that ur blackberry uses.

Again, I'm not 100 percent sure what ur asking but I answered what I understood.

Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 12-29-2010, 10:25 AM   #3
yahtzee
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint
Default Re: Facebook notification questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by given2fly View Post
I'm confused as to what ur question is but if I'm reading it correctly, u want only emails coming in onto ur blackberry and not ur gmail account. Anything to do with facebook and emails, ur gonna have to manually turn them on at facebook.com cause emails no longer get pushed automatically to ur blackberry. Or they shouldn't. You may also want to change ur facebook email and use the same email that ur blackberry uses.

Again, I'm not 100 percent sure what ur asking but I answered what I understood.

Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
You are confused by my question because I am confused how my device is working with FB.

Here is the scenario. I have notifications checked within facebook.com. I have facebook notifications UNCHECKED within the FB app on my Blackberry. I also have the Blackberry Message application box checked within the FB app on my Blackberry.

I have a corporate email account and a gmail account. I have my gmail account set up as my login and for notifications. This morning I had some notifications in my CORPORATE email account that had the blue FB logo beside it. This is exactly what I want. Problem is, I got the same email in my gmail account (sans the blue logo) AND the notification appeard in the FB app on my BB. Wow...yes, I know. I'm confused as well.
Closed Thread