BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 07:41 AM   #1
Empgamer

Model: 8700f
Default No email inbox for BIS Mail??

Please Login to Remove!

Related to an issue I posted below.

I understood that when you set up a BIS e-mail it would generaste an 'inbox' (filter??) on the Blackberry. It certainly seemed to when i set one up before. I recently wiped the device and cancelled my BIS account (I also have BES as the main) and then set up a new one on BIS. I get messages OK but they just go into the main messages icon, no BIS Mail icon has been created (e.g [email address]).
Old 11-03-2006, 08:44 PM   #2
plchan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8700g
Carrier: NO One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoop
I think I'm having a similar situation.

I can log in to BIS through my provider and set up an account. I get a notification message and start receiving messages normally. However, no separate folder, and no ability to send from the BIS account.

I check and there is a service book for the BIS account, but instead of a checkmark there is a circle with a slash through it.

I'm guessing this has something to do with an IT Policy. When first getting my BB there was a 'setup internet email' icon but it's no longer there.

Curious why it's possible to retrieve mail but not to send though.
were you on BES then switched to BIS?
Old 11-03-2006, 10:42 PM   #3
InPocket
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8330
Carrier: VZW

try resending the service books
Old 11-04-2006, 07:47 AM   #4
Hoop
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T

I think I'm having a similar situation.

I can log in to BIS through my provider and set up an account. I get a notification message and start receiving messages normally. However, no separate folder, and no ability to send from the BIS account.

I check and there is a service book for the BIS account, but instead of a checkmark there is a circle with a slash through it.

I'm guessing this has something to do with an IT Policy. When first getting my BB there was a 'setup internet email' icon but it's no longer there.

Curious why it's possible to retrieve mail but not to send though.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:08 PM   #5
drew879

Model: 8700c
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Cingular

I'm having the same problem. My old blackberry (at an old job) set up a new folder, and I had the choice to send from my work account or BIS account. With my new blackberry at my new job, I can get my Gmail messages in my main Messages folder, but no separate folder was created, and I can't send anything from my Gmail address. All replies go from my work account. Is this an IT security setting? I tried deleting the Desktop (CMIME) service book and regenerating my encryption key per someone else's advice, but that didn't work. It just resulted in me not being able to send any e-mails and I had to re-send my service books.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:24 PM   #6
drewb0y

Model: 8700
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Gmail App?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew879 View Post
I'm having the same problem. My old blackberry (at an old job) set up a new folder, and I had the choice to send from my work account or BIS account. With my new blackberry at my new job, I can get my Gmail messages in my main Messages folder, but no separate folder was created, and I can't send anything from my Gmail address. All replies go from my work account. Is this an IT security setting? I tried deleting the Desktop (CMIME) service book and regenerating my encryption key per someone else's advice, but that didn't work. It just resulted in me not being able to send any e-mails and I had to re-send my service books.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Try going to Gmail from your blackberry's browser and try downloading the actual gmail app. It sounds like your BES administrator has the Messaging fairly locked down.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:40 AM   #7
drew879

Maybe I will do that just to be able to send e-mails from that account, and keep the BIS setup so I receive e-mails with push. If the solution involves me manually overriding our IT dept.'s settings, I'd just as soon use the Gmail app. Thanks.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:49 AM   #8
drew879

Actually, it turns out the link to download the Gmail app is blocked on my BB. Hmm... any other ideas?
Old 09-07-2007, 04:47 PM   #9
drewb0y

Model: 8700
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default blackberryfaq

Well if you feel brave there is a link in blackberryfaq that tells you how to get risd of the it policy on your phone. If you are not currently using BES, this may work for you and get rid of those restrictions. What I don't know, is that if you are using BES at all whether the policy will just be pushed out again.

look here Remove IT Policy - BlackBerryFAQ
Closed Thread