Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 07:51 PM   #21
suprafanatic26
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

I have T-Mobile in the US..and UMA lets you use the phone normally just as if you were connected to the T-Mobile signal..u can tx/rx sms, mms, email and still make calls..you don't need any additional services to be able to access this feature as it is part of the phone.. you can ADD a UMA service to your account which enables all CALLS initiated on UMA to be free and not deducted from your plan's minutes, but other then that it is a feature from your phone, not the service provider..

(and obviously u need to have an active ISP and WIFI connection whether it be from home, hotel, starbucks etc..)
Old 11-06-2009, 08:05 PM   #22
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

Right, it still charges your minutes.
UMA isn't completely free, is what I meant.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 03-10-2010, 07:24 AM   #23
Hugh_Jorgan

Model: 8900
Carrier: Rogers
Default UMA text/BBM on 8900

I live in Vancouver and I do work in a remote mining camp far away from any cell service. The only connection to civillization from the camp is via satellite internet period! When ever I am connected to WIFI in the camp my phone connects via UMA and I can text, BBM or Call on my Blackberry. My carrier is Rogers and my phone is an 8900. Its fantastic. So long as im connected to a WIFI here my phone works perfectly...well almost perfectly.
Closed Thread