So, today I finally installed this version, following the directions in the first post.
WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP!!!
Why is it that EVERY time there's an OS update for the BlackBerry I have that's supposed to be SO superior to the version I'm on, when I install it, I have nothing but problems, even though everyone else has had it work flawlessly?!?
Some of the numerous problems I'm having right now:
- Boot up times are still WAY too long, which is a royal pain, because I've now done at least 2 battery pulls, and numerous software reboots in trying to get it working properly.
- The LED is blinking red to tell me that there's either a new message, or an update to an app, but I've checked EVERYTHING that indicated there were new messages, cleared the new messages, and the LED is STILL blinking red... and it's not due to a dead battery, either, the battery has plenty of juice.
- Opera Mini 5.0 won't work now. No matter how many times I go into the app's permissions and tell it to allow everything, it can't connect to the internet.
- BlackBerry App World has vanished. It shows up on my Applications list so I can access the permissions, but the icon is NOWHERE, so I can't launch the program.
- Ring tones are MUCH too quiet on this new version.
- My Bluetooth was working fine, but after my latest reboot, my BlackBerry HS-500 can't connect fully. When I turn it on, I get the first confirmation beep, but now I don't get the second and the headset doesn't connect to the BlackBerry.
It's taking all the self-control I have to keep from chucking my BlackBerry into a brick wall. What the hell is going on with this OS? Anyone have any of the same issues when they installed it on their 8900 on T-Mobile? If so, HOW DID YOU FIX THESE ISSUES?
This is why I generally don't trust anything other than the official OS releases from T-Mobile. Every time I try installing the "generic" version, I have nothing but issues.